Author Topic: Arma II Bad serial key in startup  (Read 3100 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Arma II Bad serial key in startup
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Arma II Bad serial key in startup
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 10:21:49 PM »
Are you running Steam as an administrator? If not, you sometimes need to for Arma II.
Live free or die

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 01:25:07 AM »
This sometimes happened with me on DayZ. It usually gets fixed if you run the right beta patch install.
However, you dont have/need a beta patch for just Arma2, so I dont know how to fix it for that.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline GrannyLad

• This Is Fucking
    Awesome
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 04:15:54 PM »
There are 2 fixes I know of with this problem

1st fix: Launch steam as Administrator

---------------------------------

Another problem/fix
If you have tried to download any kind of hack, it would've been a key stealer. In that case you need a new CD key

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 04:48:18 PM »
Another problem/fix
If you have tried to download any kind of hack, it would've been a key stealer. In that case you need a new CD key

This certainly NOT.
If you downloaded unsecure files which happen to be a key stealer, your key got replaced with a banned key in your registery making you think that you got banned, so you buy a new key while your old one will be unused so that the stealer can sell your key without getting the in-use error. All you have to do is change it back using a third program (google it) or manually in your register. (Though you have to convert your CD key to HEX first.)

And if this really is the case, Then you will not get the 'Invalid key in setup' error!
If this is the case, you will be fine to get in the game, but given a message: "Global ban #....." when you try to join any server.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal