Author Topic: Development Opinions  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Development Opinions
« on: July 17, 2011, 09:46:44 PM »
Hello,

I'm looking for opinions on some of my recent work, as well as ideas I have. These are, for the most part, forum works.

First and foremost the new status bar. It took me some time of developing but I figured it was worth it. You can click any of the servers to connect to them and all of the information for each server is cached every minute.

I would like any suggestions you have for that, be it more information to display to a different design I want to hear it.

Another thing I'm working on is the servers page. I mostly need design ideas, a good way to present it, while not sacrificing ease of use. I may need some images done for this so I'll need some willing contributors to make some graphics (you may or may not get any reward or recognition for your work).

Another thing that's swimming in my head is a signature-thingy <-Official name for HL2RP, you know, for all your characters. Like this thing made by Statua:
|                      Name|Age|Height|           Location[/b|Faction|           Armoury|Health|
|        CCA.C45.RAZOR.468|  28|    6'2"|      C45 Nexus|   CCA[/b|     Elite 01 Loadout|Healthy|
|CCA.C45.ADRENALINE-03.399|  24|   5'10"|C45 Nexus Med Bay|   CCA|Field Medic 03 Loadout|Healthy|
|             Shelby Anthony|  26|    5'8"|CWU Headquarters|   CWU| Radio, Request Device|Healthy|
|                  Keith Flett|  24|    5'10|         C45 CCH| Citizen|           Nothing|Hungry|

Except have a page that can generate one for ever member, would be easy to do but I just don't seem to have the time right now.

Gunna make some admin shit, so they can restart servers and stuff. I know how to do it, but it'll be a bitch to actually 'do'.

Any other ideas for the site, please share.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:50:15 AM by Somone77 »

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Development Opinions
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:44:43 AM »
The new status bar = Brilliant! I love it!
Thanks for the status bar, I gives the site a new 'sort'ta' look! :)  :-* <3

I'm not so creative, so I can't help you much with the other projects :(  :-*

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 02:49:54 AM »
Loving the work so far. My other suggestion is hl2rp admin ranks/hl2rp sa ranks so we can see who is who.
what

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 02:50:57 AM »
Loving the work so far. My other suggestion is hl2rp admin ranks/hl2rp sa ranks so we can see who is who.
Working on it.  Just need rank images, but havent asked Vizion yet

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »
Need more room in signatures in order to have that table. As of now, only line 1 shows up.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 12:02:26 PM »
Would it be too much trouble to enable HTML tables? Would allow for tables with borders, which are much more visually appealing.

Also, an idea for the server status bar thing. Perhaps when you mouseover on the name, a small box pops up displaying a brief description and perhaps an image of the map.
Live free or die

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 02:49:09 PM »
Would it be too much trouble to enable HTML tables? Would allow for tables with borders, which are much more visually appealing.

Also, an idea for the server status bar thing. Perhaps when you mouseover on the name, a small box pops up displaying a brief description and perhaps an image of the map.

I won't enable HTML tables, the HL2RP status signature thingy will be an image.

Thanks for the idea for the status bar, I'll get working on that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal