Author Topic: So why do we have this OWS=Walking tank bullshit?  (Read 6978 times)

Offline Jaquecz

• View Profile
    • Awards
So why do we have this OWS=Walking tank bullshit?
« on: January 22, 2013, 02:26:20 AM »
Title says it all, seriously why in the flying testicles do we have the combine soldier, who uses superior tactics and firepower, turn into a fucking spartan from halo, minus the energy shield.

IMO total effing bullshit. we have rebels who cant even lift bro versus a CCA cop on steroids infused with dr.halseys drugz and gamma radiation. how the fuck is this even canon?

i haven't been killed by an ows nor am i butthurt about losing a character to a conflict. but seriously, i just recently learned this and....wat

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: So why do we have this OWS=Walking tank bullshit?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:36:51 AM »
because CP's that play 2 win are dumb powergaming noobs and unless they're like 02+ then they shouldn't really be any different from a rebel besides the fact they've had mandatory basic training

startup hl2 and set your game to hard and fight OW and that'd probably explain your answer as they're supposed to be the military branch of the combine and therefore not used often.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:38:55 AM »
IMO total effing bullshit. we have rebels who cant even lift bro versus a CCA cop on steroids infused with dr.halseys drugz and gamma radiation. how the fuck is this even canon?

You didn't play Half Life 2 did you?

Offline Jaquecz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 03:05:32 AM »
Actually i did, and gordon freeman wouldn't be able to do shit to them iff they were WALKING FFUCKING TANKS

proof: right after you escape ravenholm you runn into 6 ota, they can be dispatched by a single shotgun blast, not 3 fucking double shotty blasts. Don't even get me started on DVL's where the fuck did those come from? TnB?

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 03:37:21 AM »
Actually i did, and gordon freeman wouldn't be able to do shit to them iff they were WALKING FFUCKING TANKS

proof: right after you escape ravenholm you runn into 6 ota, they can be dispatched by a single shotgun blast, not 3 fucking double shotty blasts. Don't even get me started on DVL's where the fuck did those come from? TnB?

unfortuately CCA and OW is pretty play to win and CGs hl2rp isnt véry canonical anymore

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 04:44:24 AM »
unfortuately CCA and OW is pretty play to win and CGs hl2rp isnt véry canonical anymore

Never was. And for good reason, HL2RP cannon with nothing changed is incredibly boring.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 05:03:11 AM »

>gordon freeman

maybe thats why he can do shit to them because he's the op protagonist of a 1st person shooter game, derp

actually a single ota takes 2-3 shotgun shots on hard

secondly we dont even have dvl's anymore numnuts

no community has a 'canonical' hl2rp because all it'd be would be CP's and dispatch and scanners and overwatch

also lastly overwatch haven't even been used since clockwork was introduced so why is this thread even here

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 06:41:39 AM »

i haven't been killed by an ows nor am i butthurt about losing a character to a conflict. but seriously, i just recently learned this and....wat

if you'd understand the difference between a game and a roleplay server i tihnk you'd become quite satisfied

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 06:57:33 AM »
If we were to follow HL2 cannon completely it would be like this:

-Citizens would stay inside 24/7 if not relocated.
-Not as many rebel characters with the authorizations we have.
-More than 1 raid with auth pr week. Ingame (Hl2) a place such as the Belles Inn would be raided with several OTA teams, choppers, hunters and possible striders. "Bye rebels."
-Possibility of not even a single rank of the CCA. Everyone is recruits with more or less training than others.
-Citizens wouldn't be able to talk with anyone without getting a beating. (If you notice, they only try and whisper to each others.)
-UCH raids if a single violator in the block was found; Getting all citizens detained, beaten and possible shot.
-No CWU. CCA stands for it all.
-No free vortigaunts. They're all conscripts. At least mostly in the city.
-No P3, it would be under control by the CCA.

And these are just what I can think on, at the moment. So if we were to follow the Hl2 cannon completely, well; Good bye Hl2RP population.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:08:59 AM by Challenge of death sex<3 »

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 08:09:13 AM »
If we were to follow HL2 cannon completely it would be like this:

-Not as many rebel characters with the authorizations we have.
-More than 1 raid with auth pr week. Ingame (Hl2) a place such as the Belles Inn would be raided with several OTA teams, choppers, hunters and possible striders. "Bye rebels."

And these are just what I can think on, at the moment. So if we were to follow the Hl2 cannon completely, well; Good bye Hl2RP population.
Disregarding the fact that the coast line in HL2 was littered with Rebel bases....
I would also like to point out that in all likely hood, Breen is trying to mask his OTA movements to avoid the UU from coming in and wiping out all of humanity(Remember, hes trying to save humanity through enslavement.)
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 08:18:09 AM »
ok so if i punch another man in the apartments for being an asshole my whole block gets beaten to death and i get shot
sounds like something you want on a roleplay server

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 08:22:30 AM »
ok so if i punch another man in the apartments for being an asshole my whole block gets beaten to death and i get shot
sounds like something you want on a roleplay server

I think that's the point people are correctly making, this is an RP server, we have our own canon, and it's catered towards being suitable for roleplay rather than realistically akin to HL2 (where CCA/UU would be A LOT more strict)

Offline Jaquecz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 09:37:13 AM »
Erm...where did you get the idea i wanted all of hl2rp to be COMPLETELY canon, i just thought the  combine soldier becoming an OP sunuva beach, was silly.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 09:49:02 AM »
Erm...where did you get the idea i wanted all of hl2rp to be COMPLETELY canon, i just thought the  combine soldier becoming an OP sunuva beach, was silly.
Because everyone assumes that if you drop the world "Canon" they think that you're going "LOL LETS MAKE IT TOTALLY CANON"

Guys, what hes arguing is that currently, every unit acts like hes a Juggernaut, an unstoppable force that can't be trifled with or slowed.
In reality a lot of units do indeed act this way that shouldn't. When the CmDs stand nearly two feet taller then the average person, yeah they can be compared to Master chief.
Hes arguing that you guys shape up and enforce the PTL/PTW rules a bit and cut the shit.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 10:03:08 AM »
Not all OTA units act like this. I remember a patrol where me, Hazard, Molly, and someone else I'm forgetting, had gotten it handed to us. Yes, OTA can still be beat. But some idiot running around with a 9mm in an orange suit, penetrating Kevlar and getting kills from 100 feet away is not realistic by anymeans. Realistically, OW would have fucked up the rebellion easily. Why? Better gear, better weapons, better training, and a robotic nature to complete their directives at any cost. They are supersoldiers. The only reason they're easy to kill in HL2 is because it's an FPS, not intended to be a realistic role-playing game.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal