Poll

Which of these options do you want to see on OCRP2

Release with RP_EvoCity_V2D.
5 (5.2%)
Release with RP_EvoCity_V2D, and CHANGE to RP_EvoCity_V33X on Sep 24th.
31 (32%)
Release with RP_EvoCity_V33X.
61 (62.9%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: August 11, 2012, 06:45:56 AM

Author Topic: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Map Poll  (Read 16818 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Orange Cosmos RP 2 Map Poll
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:45:56 AM »

*MAP POLL*

PLEASE READ THE TEXT BELOW BEFORE VOTING!

To make everything clear, i've put some details below, so you know what you are voting for.

1. Release with RP_EvoCity_V2D.
Releasing with v2d, will mean that we will be releasing with v2d (surprise). If the server goes really well, and gets a lot of popularity, we will switch to a bigger map, such as v33x. Releasing with v2d will mean that we will for sure have a good amount of people.

2. Release with RP_EvoCity_V2D, and CHANGE to RP_EvoCity_V33X on Sep 24th.
Releasing with v2d, but changing to v33x on the release of GMod 13 (24th September). We will start out with a small and simple map, such as v2d, to see how things evolve with OCRP2, if it gets popular and such, but when the big gmod update, with a lot of changes and optimizing gmod, we will switch to v33x with a big event. This will give as a chance to see how OCRP2 works out on both maps.

3. Release with RP_EvoCity_V33X.
Releasing with v33x will mean that on the public release of OCRP2, we will be running v33x. If things stick well, we gain donations and players, we will stick with this map, if popularity falls, we will switch back to v2d.

These are the 3 options. Hopefully, everybody is clear with what they are voting for.
Go ahead and post your personal opinion below.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Map Poll
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 06:48:04 AM »
My personal opinion would be to vote for number 2. It seems as the best solution. With option number 2, we get to see how OCRP2 rolls. We will gain a huge population on v2d, and everybody knows it. RP might be slightly worse, but it gives us a good chance to gain people, which we can then move over to GM13, when all hell breaks loose on the release of that (which we of course are ready with OCRP2 right away).

Would be nice to hear what others think, instead of JUST voting and leaving the thread.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 07:31:22 AM »
Rockford.

Warning issued for 1 word posting. You know this :c ~ Crap-Head
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 07:46:18 AM by Crap-Head »

Offline Alex

• AKA RoflWaffle
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 07:55:52 AM »
Chose option two because its a good way to take things if it doesn't work out well for OCRP2, V33x has loads of passive RP places so it will suit well for OCRP2's passive rp needs.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 07:57:06 AM »
Voted for v33x; mmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's a nice map, lots of places to do stuff and it's fun to play on, yes yes

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
I voted for option two.
I personally get sick of Evocity_v2d, but it's the best thing we can do to gain a better playerbase.
From the past, we know more players used to play OCRP on this map, and specially if this is a new gamemode basically, it's better to start of on this map to gain players. Then switch to 33x once we have a good amount of players.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline crazily farting teacher

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 08:19:15 AM »

Warning issued for 1 word posting ~ Crap-Head
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:27:10 AM by Crap-Head »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 08:26:46 AM »
I really think everybody should think good about this before they vote. Voting for option 3 can mean that nobody will know about OCRP2, and just refuse to join the server, because we are running such a big map. If we start out on v2d, then we WILL get more players, we all know that, and then we can do the move to v33x, where we can bring a good amount of players.

Consider this before voting.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 08:31:45 AM »
I really think everybody should think good about this before they vote. Voting for option 3 can mean that nobody will know about OCRP2, and just refuse to join the server, because we are running such a big map. If we start out on v2d, then we WILL get more players, we all know that, and then we can do the move to v33x, where we can bring a good amount of players.

What do you mean? Also why make this if you have a strong opinion already~

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 08:35:34 AM »
2 Because I would like to see what OCRP2 would be like on different maps. It's not like we would be on v2 for a long time (less than a month). Then again, if we instantly went to v33x it would be more of a big bang for OCRP2.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »
I'm voting for option 2, not because it'll "attract more people" going on v2d first, but so we don't have issues with running into RSO a lot more or any other issues when moving to v33x due to it being a bigger map until Garry's Mod 13 is released.

EDIT: Changed vote to Option 3, to switch to v33x. I agree that it'll upset the player base if new players join while it is on v2d then it switches to v33x in September. Also, v33x is by far a better EvoCity map and this time we won't have two different OCRP servers unlike last time where new players were joining the first server which was emptied whilst everyone else joined the semi-serious server which was actually better. We will just have one server this time and should work out a lot better.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:03:40 PM by Abbott »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 08:46:05 AM »

What do you mean? Also why make this if you have a strong opinion already~

We are obviously hoping OCRP2 will attract a lot of new people to our OCRP playerbase, and it has always seemed easier to attract people when running v2d. So basically thats why i strongly support option 2. It will allow us to surely gain people, which we will then drag to v33x, and they will continue to play if they like OCRP2. v33x has trouble getting players if there are nobody on, and right now we only have the current playerbase from ocrp1.5 to drag over to v33x.

Also vote is to see what the community will want, im just asking people to not think "ohh i've wanted v33x for so long, now i just vote for that and then i can enjoy it for a week before i go inactive!!", and think more about how we gain the most players to play with.

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 09:16:10 AM »
I'm not going to create an entire discussion (because i'm good at it), but I voted for three.

I'm giving my reason to option two voters here: We are changing to V33X anyways, so making a V2D playerbase won't be as incredibly effective.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 09:22:04 AM »
Exactly, making a v2d playerbase then switching to v33x will probably lose more players than starting off on v33x, in the long run...

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 09:27:17 AM »
Voted for release with V33x, because the first impression needs to be good.

If players join and they see V2d with not so much PassiveRP, they will think nothing has changed and they probably won't join when the map changes either.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal