Author Topic: Buffer overflow?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Buffer overflow?
« on: June 18, 2012, 11:37:53 PM »
Once in a while i connect to a server and i get "Buffer overflow" or something like that, it'll take a few more tries to get in after that but why does this happen, is it a problem at my end or the severs end?

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Buffer overflow?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 02:34:37 AM »
In general a buffer overflow is when a program (such as gmod) is writing into memory called a "buffer", which is basicly memory used while moving data from one place to another (from an input to an output for example), is overflowed and writes into memory outside of the buffer. I don't know how that extends into Garrys mod but I doubt there much you can do to fix it - I get it often and I find rejoining usually helps, or going from singleplayer to multiplayer...

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 02:53:41 AM »
buffer overflow is more of a issue with the source engine, just rejoin a few times and you'll get in
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 08:28:22 PM »
Alright, thanks

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal