Author Topic: [PENDING] Derrick Valswick's Civil Authority Application  (Read 895 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[PENDING] Derrick Valswick's Civil Authority Application
« on: December 25, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »
Derrick Valswick's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Statua

IC Character Name: Derrick Valswick

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
    Derrick Valswick has always been loyal to the union. It might have been caused by the chemicals in the food and water that brainwashed him. It might also have been because Derrick tends to follow the superior side of things. Nevertheless, Derrick is a true loyalist and would never question a member of the union. At the start, he would in the back of his mind question them. However as time progressed and they became a part of his daily life, Derrick had come to see the universal union as the almighty.

Derrick never thought of those performing rebellious acts as "good" or "revolutionary" citizens. He in fact, thought of them as a nuisance and one of the major problems in the current society of the city. In fact, Derrick not only disliked these so called "rebels", he hated them with a passion. One day, he would be minding his own business, cleaning a sign or picking up garbage, when suddenly someone throws a rock through a window with a sign attached saying "rebel". Now everyone must be searched and verified as well as punished for this single persons action. Derrick feels he is not helping enough when these things happen. This is one of the leading causes to his wish to join the Civil Authority.

Derrick feels that all humans have a purpose in the world. He also feels that some people are not fulfilling their purpose or are going against it.  Some are set to help out in the civil workers union. Others are to do hard work such as cleaning up mass amounts of garbage or debris. Derrick thinks his sole purpose is to sacrifice his life for the integrity of the cities of the universal union. Derrick feels the need to fulfil this purpose and finally decided to fill out a civil authority application.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
-Faithful: Will not break someone or something's word.
-Brave: Uses his testosterone levels to do some rather courageous deeds.
-Critical: Is a prick when it comes to judging someone or something.
-Pessimistic: Always sees the bad side to things.
-Sociable: Enjoys conversing.
-Ambitious: Will literally work his heart out toward a set goal.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Authority to be like for you and your character.
Well I already know what the CCA is like for a medical character and a combat character so I know what to expect. However, a new character brings new possibilities. I expect Derrick to follow the path of advanced sociostability and do what he can to keep citizens in line. I expect him to slowly become more and more of a dick and an asshole to citizens as well as possibly to the younger ranks if he gets to that point but that all depends on his story.

I expect the CCA to be the same it was with a few minor changes. I expect the work to be hard and time consuming but I can handle. I also expect to learn a few more things about the CCA that I didn't know. I expect to keep my CCA characters IC knowledge completely separate from my resistance characters IC knowledge.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Derrick was born in Zagreb, Croatia on February 16th 1977. He went to elementary school in Croatia for five years where he learned his basic life and writing skills in the native language. His father got a job with Mann Co mining in 1987 in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, working as one of the higher up supervisors. He moved there along with Derrick and his mother. Derrick learned the english language after several years of tormenting, bullying, and hard, hard work. He took classes in automotive technologies and applied mathematics. He graduated in 1995 from his class of sixty three students with a dual diploma. Derrick went on to be an auto mechanic, working on his apprenticeship which ended four years later. Derrick worked at Kregs Autobody for several years, fixing vehicles and sweeping floors. He enjoyed working on vehicles. The physical work kept him motivated and alert through his ten hour shifts. He was also making a pretty penny. He eventually moved to Denver and opened his own shop in the down town area. He colourfully named the shop, Derrik's Fixxit House. He hired two other mechanics to help him run the shop which eventually became very popular for its excellent service. Even during the portal storms, Derrick kept his shop open to the public, repairing and maintaining vehicles. He saw some damage caused by Xen creatures such as deep gouges in the metal and even some Xen blood.
Then the war came in 2015. During the war, Derrick suffered severe physical trauma to his head due to some airborne rubble. He recovered but lacked the kind mental state he once had and lacked interest in all things mechanical like he did for so many years. Derrick became very critical to others and is a pessimist about everything. This state of mind resulted in lack of friends. The lack of friends resulted in him wanting to follow the superior race. Derrick became an all time loyalist, hating people who disobeyed socio stability rules even the slightest. If someone wanted to talk to him, he would ask them to leave or just leave himself. Derrick reported everything he saw he thought to be a problem. He follows the inaction rule very closely and follows the union, maybe even worships it.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
NOVA-01.399 (removed due to self PK. Kinda regret this now but I needed to focus on Leonard) RAZOR-OfC.468 (removed by self PK. Didn't want to be merged with APEX and have a great character go to waste. Also, see above)

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Roughly 5 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Maybe 2-3 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
9 months

4. What Time zone are you in?
CST (GMT -6)

5. In what country do you live?
Canada

6. How old are you?

7. WhatÂ’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I think the most memorable RP experience I've had was playing farkle in the Alliance HQ on outlands with bobby's character Frank.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
You shouldn't judge someone or something if you don't listen first. That's my rule so yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Derrick Valswick
CID: 68251
Height: 5'9"
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 114
Mental Distinctions: Ambitious
Mental Defects: Pessimistic
Mental Advantages: Thinks quickly, has courage, is faithful, can take mental stress
Notable Qualities: Loyal, good follower, prioritizes correctly

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
N/A

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Y

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Y

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Y

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Y

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I feel my life is destined to serve the Union with my own life. I feel there is a need for help in controlling anti-civil activity. I wish to fulfil my destiny of following the Union among the ranks of the Civil Authority

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Derrick Valswick hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:32:37 PM by Veran120 »

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Derrick Valswick's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 05:37:40 PM »
UNIT: 58466
DIVISION: Universal Union
CLEARANCE: Sectoral Commander
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Derrick Valswick
Citizen Identification Number: 68251

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting UU.C45.SeC.58466
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal