Author Topic: [DENIED]Thomas Lector's Civil Authority Application  (Read 938 times)

Offline SlenderJake

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED]Thomas Lector's Civil Authority Application
« on: June 14, 2012, 01:30:20 AM »
Thomas Lector's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Jakester299

IC Character Name: Thomas Lector

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Thomas grew up in a strict household with strict parents, always keeping him in line and out of trouble. Which at a certain age he didn't need them to keep him out of trouble, Thomas always thought he'd be good at that. Keeping people in line and out of trouble,
he always thought about settling down and becoming a father, but he didn't want that, he wanted something where he'd be more in charge.

As Thomas got older he had always thought about applying for CCA, but something always held him back. The thought of losing his life, that's what stopped him. Thomas is an intelligent man, he didn't want to give up his job as a teacher, to work for CCA. But as he got older and older, years later he had gotten tired of doing the same old job, over and over. So started to think more of the great things he could accomplish as a CCA...

Helping citizens, keeping them in line, arresting criminals. This all sounded so exciting to Thomas, so one day he decided that he will apply for CCA, so he quit his job as a teacher and went home to work on his application. After he had finished and handed it in, he couldn't sleep at night, so eager to find out if he made it into the CCA or not.  Thomas thought about all the things he's already done to help out the CCA, he arrested a rapist by himself and also reported in a drug dealer which gained him his five loyalist points.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Intelligent, strict and hard-working.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
It will be a whole new world to Thomas, being a CCA in City Forty Five, it will be strange at first to him. But he knows he will come to enjoy
his new way of life, he knows he would have to push himself to try harder than he's ever tried before, he had come to realize that he wouldn't mind his life being taken over by working all the time and not getting none or little time off. He also thought about all of the benefits of being part of the CCA. Better pay, respect and authority.

Thomas knew that with this authority he would not and will not abuse it, because that's not how he was raised. He sometimes thought the fact of being around CCA all the time might be a little uncomfortable, but that would take time, he would get used to it.  Thomas thought about all the exciting things he'd have to do, distribute rations, interrogate citizens, amputate rebels and remove contraband from citizens, Thomas knew he'd be ready for ALL of this.

OOCLY-I have been a CCA once in another server

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Thomas didn't have much of a childhood, his parents were always caught up in work and never really paid that much attention to him.
They'd leave for work or to go out and leave him chores and extra school work. Which in result in why he's kind of strange.  Thomas would always get the best grades, but didn't have any friends really. When Thomas was eleven years old, he was hit by a car and almost died. The doctors said he was literally minutes away from death, but Thomas pulled through, barely, but he made it. Into his teen years, he started to get into some trouble with contraband and such. He was experimenting with alcohol and pills. Like whiskey and anti-depressants, he'd get them from smugglers for cheap. He always knew one day his parents would find out and they did. When they did his father beat him, badly. His mother tried to make him stop but he pushed her away as he beat Thomas with his belt. He went to the hospital, a broken nose, a black eye and a missing tooth, his father told everyone that he fell down some stairs.

Into his late twenties he started working at a school, making low money, but he always thought at least he was putting his intelligence to use. At the age of thirty-four his parents were murdered when he was at work, after that Thomas had no one at all, he didn't know or know of any other family members from either side of the family. After that he started to get depressed, it was a rough time for Thomas. He started drinking whiskey and abusing anti-depressants again, using too much in too little of time. He continued this phase until he was thirty-six where the combine were searching the building and he went to jail for four years, originally sentenced six, but let out at four for good behavior. After that he ended up going back to the school for work, but feeling better. After being in a jail for four years made him realize that his life isn't so bad, going to jail made him a better man coming out.

Thomas was now forty years old and he didn't know what to do with his life now, did he just work until he died? He didn't want to do that, he wanted to push himself, challenge himself but he didn't know what to do, he thought on this for the longest time. Thomas eventually came across the idea of becoming a CCA, which sounded strange to him, thinking about some of the things he's done. But then he also thought about all of the benefits of becoming a CCA. Thomas wanted excitement and this sounded like the answer.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, I have not.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
4 and a half months.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
About 3 months.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
About a month and a half ago.

4. What Time zone are you in?
5-UTC

5. In what country do you live?
Canada

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Role playing as my smuggler Kris, everyone came to me for everything they needed.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Thomas Lector
CID: 73992
Height: 5'7"
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 175lbs
Mental Distinctions: Creativity
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Intelligent
Notable Qualities: Well mannered

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I haven't.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to help protect citizens from danger and keep the entire city safe and free of those who do not serve the Universal Union.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Thomas Lector hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:28:31 PM by Kom??Як »

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Thomas Lector's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 02:26:43 PM »
UNIT: 563
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Officer
Enter Password: ********

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...