Author Topic: [DENIED]Marcel Huber's Civil Authority Application  (Read 836 times)

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED]Marcel Huber's Civil Authority Application
« on: April 02, 2012, 03:19:57 PM »
Marcel Huber's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: {APC|GIS} Gen. EliteOps12

IC Character Name: Marcel Huber

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
I want to join Civil Protection because I have had a CP before on another server, and it is a rewarding experience. I think that it is an excellent opportunity for character development and to experience what it is like to be a CP on Catalyst-Gaming. Marcel hopes to serve the Union towards what he thinks is the betterment  of mankind. He also wants to experience something new, and to be able to have more privileges then the average citizen. He was convinced by CA propaganda, thinking that the Union is a good thing, something for Humanity. He was especially influenced by the propaganda of Dr. Cole Matthews.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Law-abiding, intelligent, strong-minded, tactically-intelligent.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
As I said before, I have had a CCA character before, but I think that CG's CCA will be a little bit different. I expect it to be a challenge, but a fun one. One where I cab enjoy myself, and also have some guaranteed, quality role-play. Marcel expects it to be a chance to serve the Union, and a chance to fight for what he believes is right. He also thinks that he will have a chance to meet others with his Loyalist-mindset. 

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Marcel Huber was born on the outskirts of a German town called Rostock. From the start, he placed his trust in authority, no matter how blatant it would be to others. He worked with his father, tilling his family’s fields, repairing things around the house, or taking the cattle to market. By the time he got into a school, he had proven to be a strong helper, and an even stronger personality. Marcel got good grades for the most part, and always behaved. He would follow everything the teacher told him to do, and he would accept the beatings his teacher gave; regarding it as a just punishment, rather then abuse, like most did.
Marcel went to a small college in Frankfurt, and he earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. He did not, however, use his bachelor’s degree, instead joining the police force in Frankfurt. After 10 years as an officer, and rising to the rank of sergeant, he left the police, becoming a clerk at one of Frankfurt’s many banks. He was at work when the Black Mesa Incident occurred, and after Antlions had laid waste to the guards, and most of his fellow staff, he hid in the vault, making sure he did not lock himself in. After a day in the vault, he finally looked out, starving, and seeing nothing but destruction outside. He was faced immediately by a large, two legged, white creature with a strange logo on the front. The creature looked at him, and declared in a robotic voice: “You, Human. Come with me.” He did so, and the creature led him to what was left of the Frankfurt train station, which, to his surprise, still had trains. He noticed several citizens herded into groups, boarding trains, and he was pushed onto a train. It was noisy, smelly and crowded on the train, but he just ignored it, and found a bit of space, sat down, and let himself be ferried off to what used to be Bucharest, Romania, and what is now City 45.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
2 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
6 months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
5 months

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT -9 (New York, NY)

5. In what country do you live?
USA

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
On CG, one of my characters was captured. I was taken for interrogation, I didn't crack, and I was taken into the Treatment Room to be killed. A citizen was brought in to watch, and he saw as I was tortured, and killed, in the end saying that the Units were 'just a bunch of brainwashed animals' or something along those lines. Although it resulted in a PK, it was still a very rewarding RP experience, and a cool way for my character to go out.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Marcel Huber
CID: 56584
Height: 6 '2"
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Green
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 145.1 pounds
Mental Distinctions: He is great in a tactical situation, and he places his everlasting trust in authority, no matter how blatant it is.
Mental Defects: He can sometimes crack down if he is beaten hard enough.
Mental Advantages: He will diagnose a tactical situation in minuets,  and he can learn his way around an area quickly.
Notable Qualities: Law-abiding, intelligent, strong-minded, tactically-intelligent.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have never been detained.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I will work to my last breath for the Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
During the War, I was scared of the Union. I thought of them as demons, unknown monsters.  Soon after I was relocated to City 45, I realized how the Union is actually here to help us, I realized that the Union saved the planet, and I realized that all my fears were silly. I want to join the CCA because it will give me a chance to work for something that I believe in. To quote Dr. Matthews: "The Union is the ultimate tool for our survival", and I intend to use it. 

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Marcel Huber hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

EDIT: Trivial edit of oath so it is signed in blue pen. :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:08:43 PM by Purple »
Mikhel Kharlamov | Alive | CWU Tier 3 |

Marcel Huber | Alive] | Living in City 45 |

Ian Kharlamov | Alive | Hiding from the CCA, after becoming AC#4 |

Dr. Cole Matthews | Alive | Administrating C45 |

Offline Saints Sasha

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Marcel Huber's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 08:49:18 PM »
UNIT: 226
DIVISION: UNIFORM