Author Topic: [DENIED] Rippley Derringer's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Cowgirl*^_^*

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] Rippley Derringer's Civil Authority Application
« on: February 27, 2012, 04:44:16 AM »
Rippley Derringer's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Dakota

IC Character Name: Rippley Derringer

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
It doesn't take a blind man to see that living as civil protection unit is a better life than sitting around cleaning windows and doing mundane tasks cleaning up after anti citizens. With hunger and seeing the broadcast of Dr.Lauren Neil reading letters and being concerned for society Ripley immediately wanted nothing more than to wear civil protection armor and display it proudly.

Being well feed and being a useful part of this new society which values science and knowledge disregarding the emotions and anger of old world, she believes that she can be the difference the CCA need's to fully adapt society into this new age of prosperity and peace.

Having been in a few fights with some undesirables before the portal storms she understand that some people are sub human. Some would have called her a racist of sorts but she strongly believed in Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest. Humanity became clogged with due process and political correctness cesspools forming at welfare offices and unemployment lines keeping those that didn't contribute to society from sinking.
Before long countries ran by such people so caught up in religion and stupidity, almost made humanity extinct. Leaving nothing but the irradiated structures to show that anyone we existed.

Once someone starts to think in that aspect then seeing how the combine came stopping all this maddens she was almost left in awe. No more were people running around cutting each other up like barbarians sex and rap music filling the streets as a drug war and corruption began to boil to a head. Riply wonders what the world would have looked like if the Combine would have come sooner how much pain and suffering could have been stopped.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot we call earth. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of this world, how frequent our misunderstanding how eager we are to kill one another, how fervent our hatreds. The combine came and saved us from ourselves and are here to make us better as a species.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)

Very crafty and a fast talker she is use to living in a mans world and dealing with abusive men. Leery of others she keeps a close eyes on those that do manage to become friends with her.
Dark humored like most that work the night shift in the ER or as paramedics this have left some thinking she is cold however it is a developed coping mechanism to try to get away from reality of things.
Besides this she is very fair with people and tries to be easy going and tries to keep the peace between people always finding herself between peoples issues.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.

I imagine it to be relaxed and doing a lot of passive role play getting to know other units and perhaps my characters role model Dr. Lauren. Not to sure what the events will come but I look forward to being active in any situation and role playing with some of CG's finest. I'd like to meet the people behind the mask and see how others units seem to be living with such a large responsibility. Meeting like minded individuals and working together in the CCA would be fun to and also the chance to explore citizens characters as well to solving the mysterious they wish to remain unsolved.

Also could see me helping citizens who are having issues role playing that I happen to spot along 10-50's.
I'd also like to add a more realistic approach to the combine and try not to act like every other recruit that goes into a robotic mode going to purposely role play someone adapting to the CCA culture on its many twist and turns. Who knows how far I will climb up the ranks and I cant wait to explore my character in these vast changes such as some day getting cybernetics or the alienation she might feel from some of the events she will witness behind those metal doors.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

Still adapting to adult life before the portal storm Ripley followed a life which she didn't really want to do. Having been raised in a dump by a alcoholic father who when wasn't beating her mother or passing out in a chair and pissing himself would beat her and sexual abused her. After graduating from high school being that awkward girl and a bit of a loser showing up to school with out a lunch or black eye, life seemed to point toward working a dead end job. However by fate a recruiter came to her high school looking for those interested in a full ride in becoming paramedics and promising to work for there company for a few years. She accepted having no way to pay for college and went through college getting a job at Walmart  to help pay for a crappy apartment near the campus.

Living off Ralmin noodles and spam and watching basic cable on a TV that was older than she was in a flea infested apartment which looked like the 1960's had thrown up Ripley struggled to stay afloat. She found herself distancing from other people as she put her noise to the grind stone chasing the dream of money and success just like ever other person her eyes tunneled to the future.

Doing good in school and having to work nights at Walmart to keep herself fed and housed, she dreamed of becoming a detective like the shows she grew up watching like Nash Bridges or the Closer. She had escaped to such fantasies as a little girl when her father would beat her or worse, imagining Nash Bridges to burst into her room and shoot her father in the head like the bad guys on TV and take to a better place. However like most dreams they fade when reality's glowing light comes and soon found herself into the hard work as a paramedic in the adult world. Keeping people alive long enough to reach the hospital in the back of a high speeding ambulance however that dream still remained in the corner of her mind. Reading crime fiction and catching a few crooks at Walmart she unknowingly began training for her career in the CCA.

When the portal storms came she was forced to work in a make shift hospital built in high school and help wounded and displaced families till the seven hour war came and she went to live in one of the many cities. Few weeks things were hard she didn't make many friends in the city but once she began to see the true mission of the combine after watching many of Dr.Laurens broadcast. A old dream came back and she immediately began working as hard as she could working harder and faster than other citizens in order to be noticed and awarded loyalist points in order to submit a application.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Blasting a CmD units head off oocly upon deletion of my unit

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Many Years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Many Years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A few months

4. What Time zone are you in?
eastern standard time

5. In what country do you live?
USA

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
For three week's on kuromekuis server me and several other residents began to gather parts and building a boat keeping it hidden. That night with the help of a CWU traitor we were attempting to steal a large shipment of rations but upon our meet we were discovered and the building raided CP bursting through he window's. Only me and another person escaped and we had to swim under the swearers to the dock where we hid our boat he was shoot in the leg and drowned.
My character made it with combine everywhere triggered a explosive on the one of the other ships to create a distraction as the tiny home made boat pushed out of the dock. Just as soon as land was no longer visible a large combine ship came from the darkness and shined its light on me. My character leapt to her death as the small little boat was filled with bullets and I was devoured by leaches.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Rippley Derringer
CID: 45387
Height: 5FT4
Hair Colour Blonde
Eye Colour: Green
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Weight: 122
Mental Distinctions: IQ 102 she is bright
Mental Defects: Has troubles learning or remmber things said to her has to write everything down
Mental Advantages: Fast thinker and observent of others actions.
Notable Qualities: Loyal and very open minded and eagar to make a differnce and be something bigger than just herself

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No this character has never been detained

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes for the benefit of soceity

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
Role playing opportunities and chance to partake in different events and bring some fresh idea's into the CCA.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Rippley Derringer hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:55:31 PM by Kom??Як »

Fucka you haters XD

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING] Rippley Derringer's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 03:37:41 PM »
UNIT: 563
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Officer
Enter Password: *******

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Rippley Derringer>
Citizen Identification Number: 45387

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <563>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:50:09 PM by Kom??Як »

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [DENIED] Rippley Derringer's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:34 PM »

UNIT: 563
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Officer
Enter Password: *******

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...