Author Topic: [DENIED] John Cotter's Civil Authority Application  (Read 873 times)

Offline John Cotter

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] John Cotter's Civil Authority Application
« on: February 22, 2012, 11:19:33 AM »
John Cotter's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: GoodBoyDutch

IC Character Name: John Cotter

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My character John wishes to join the CCA because he see citizens disrespecting them.
My character want to make the citizen respect them. Just like everyone else,
Because they are here to help.
John want to make the city safer and want to help the combine in anyway. He want to get ordered be a  Administrator to make the city safe and he don’t care about his friends that made fun of him,
Because he have not much money and want to help the combine. He just want to make the city a better place and he don’t want to get locked up  every day in his apartment. Even when this means that he have to lose his friends.

John is a responsible guy. He want to follow the rules of the CCA and the city
to make it a safer place. John saw from the begin the combine as saviors of the man-kind.
Whit there rules, Advanced technology and the high knowledge of all.
He hopes to serve the combine one day to help to make the city a saver place.

(I am dutch so maby me spelling is wrong sorry for that)

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
John is a Trustworthy, Lawful, Responsible and Generous guy who just wants to help people in any possible way he can and he think one of them is to join the CCA

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For my character:
John is hoping that by joining the Combine Civil Authority he will feel like his life is not going to waste, seeing as how he wants to help those who rescued him from the shopping center when the 7 Hour War stuck on Earth. He seems to believe that the Universal Union are very sophisticated and loyal with/to each other. Loyalty and respect is something he has always looked up to, even as a child.
He knows that there will be risks in joining up with the Union, but he thinks that they have done good to man-kind and so he wishes to pay them back with his own life. He is dedicated and prepared to give up his own life in order to further develop, improve and ameliorate the CCA.
For myself
Well, as I had a CCA character I expect that I had a very different experience to what I already have expired
whit a citizen. I know that the combine is a little bit different than citizen like after a while you get brainwashed
If John made it in the CCA. He will deal whit many problems lawfully and patiently. After John is in the CCA I would probably expect him to join either the APEX or GEAR divisions, as John is impressed by both the technicality of the common city scanner, as well as the advanced techniques of combat of APEX. I would also expect my character to bond socially with the other units around him, and make friends within the CCA, and also many other social aspects of life within the CCA.

I expect that the combine will train John father to deal whit any situation that the people of C45 thrown to him.
John and I want to experience they combine (CCA) and want to serve the city. Whatever it will bring to us.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
John is Borned in City 18, John Cotter started life the hard way. Living with his parents and brother, John resided in poor conditions as jobs were hardly anywhere to be found. His father was diagnosed with cancer and died when John reached the age of 14, this was a huge blow to the family and especially his mother who would have a hard time providing for the family.
To relieve his mother from the burden, John decided to venture off in hopes of finding some sort of decent living and hopefully return to his family with money and improved living conditions. As he passed from town to town, city to city, John reached the capital of Half life 2 City 17,. There he spend a few months living on begging and pieces of food before an assistant of a film producer found him near death due to starvation. The assistant provided John with food and shelter along with all basic needs. She decided to take him with her back to the states, where she would adopt him as she was unable to give birth herself.
Things were looking bright for John after that, a few years later, he had a job and a carrier as a boxer. He was then 20 years old and it happened to be the time where the portal storm occurred. John was training for a match at his local gym for a match, which he had looked forward to as it would allow him to return to C18 to find his family. Looking out of the window during a break, John noticed the portals with figures dropping from them, looking further he noticed the creatures attaching themselves to peoples head. John rushed back to his foster mother and found her hiding in her closet with her infected husband trying to kill her, quickly dispatching him, John brought her to safety within military perimeters inside the city center.
Shortly after, the Combines arrived and wiped out any resistance before them. John and his foster mother did what they could to survive, obeying the combines as they wished. 6 years later, John and his foster mother were on their way to receive their daily ration, but things would change for the worse that day. A small rebel group attempted to bring down what appears to be a high ranking CCA unit, as the firefight erupted and developed, Johns foster mother was accidently hit on her chest by a strafing bullet. She died slowly in his arms. John, with his foster mother blood all over him, blamed the rebels for his loss and seeked revenge, he decided to sign up for CCA to dispatch of any rebel he could find. He has however not forgotten about his family and still seeks to find them, one.. glorious.. day...

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I've never had any CCA character on CG's server before

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
I played from the begin of gmod RP so 1690 hours in total

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
1month (Im a little bit new whit this kind of RP so i still learn and if i minge just tell me what i did wrong and how it have to be and i will work on it :D)

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
a few hours just found this one.

4. What Time zone are you in?
+1 Brussel

5. In what country do you live?
Netherlands

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I was sleeping in a dump container and a combine waked me up to get out of there.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: John Cotter
CID: 31404
Height: 1.80 tallDon't know how much a inch or feet is.
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 120 (as a pound 500g is)
Mental Distinctions: Depressive
Mental Defects: Non
Mental Advantages: Quick to do what ever is necessary without thought.
Notable Qualities: Quick, Strong, and Steadfast.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No
2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes. I have to eat everything to survive

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes. i accept me responsibility

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes. Till i die

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the CCA to broaden my experience.
And i want to see a better city where people listen to their authority and follow all the rules. I want to make the city an overall better place for me and everyone in it.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, John Cotter hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:28:26 PM by KillmePlz »

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: John Cotter's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 04:22:34 PM »
UNIT: 563
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OFFICER
Enter Password: ********

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <James Manish>
Citizen Identification Number: 81133

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| Applicant doesnt meet post count requirements. Please read the CCA application information thread. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting 563
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal