Author Topic: >>>> READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK ABOUT CLOCKWORK <<<<  (Read 13481 times)

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
>>>> READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK ABOUT CLOCKWORK <<<<
« on: December 24, 2012, 09:42:57 AM »
Yes, clockwork is released.

Do NOT ask when hl2rp will be up.

We need to get the licensing sorted, get the script, set the server and everything up, and see about getting custom stuff sorted also.

In all, it will be done when it is done.

Any asking about it will just A. Piss the admin team off and B. Make us want to wait longer to get the server sorted out. Dev's and owners have lives too you know, we don't play 24/7 christmas day.

If you have any questions regarding what will be happening regarding clockwork and other stuff, ask in this thread and this thread only.
what

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: >>>> READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK ABOUT CLOCKWORK <<<<
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
Do you think it will be up by the end of the year?

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »

We can't and don't want to assume dates as we would be most likely wrong and most of the members would be like "you said it will be up hurr".

We need to:
1. Get license and the clockwork script
2. Get the base clockwork running
3. Rewrite/implement bans from old OA if possible
4. Redo ranks loading, so people get their ranks when they join
5. Redo TT, possibly convert it back so people don't have to reapply
6. Redo all the character classes (vortigaunt, conscript, CWU, CA, CCA, OTA..)
7. Convert your characters if possible, so you don't have to redo them

Look at the shitload of things, then count how many HL2RP developers are there. The time depends on when (if even) we get the license, and when someone starts working on it.

ps: i don't know if just the skeleton clockwork isn't out, if there is no HL2RP schema out then rip it seems there is some, disregard that
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:17:25 AM by Khub »

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 11:31:44 AM »

We can't and don't want to assume dates as we would be most likely wrong and most of the members would be like "you said it will be up hurr".

We need to:
1. Get license and the clockwork script
2. Get the base clockwork running
3. Rewrite/implement bans from old OA if possible
4. Redo ranks loading, so people get their ranks when they join
5. Redo TT, possibly convert it back so people don't have to reapply
6. Redo all the character classes (vortigaunt, conscript, CWU, CA, CCA, OTA..)
7. Convert your characters if possible, so you don't have to redo them

Look at the shitload of things, then count how many HL2RP developers are there. The time depends on when (if even) we get the license, and when someone starts working on it.

ps: i don't know if just the skeleton clockwork isn't out, if there is no HL2RP schema out then rip it seems there is some, disregard that

Got it.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 01:30:08 PM »
In case we end up not getting that license, I'm sure there won't be a problem buying a new one. Don't hit me up on this, i don't know how this license system shit works.

Also the only developer we have for this, is Tomasas, and he has his own shit to worry about. It will be done when Tomasas has time for it. Don't rush on him or anybody else. We're not waiting with the release because we think its funny to have the servers down, theres always a reason.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »
In case we end up not getting that license, I'm sure there won't be a problem buying a new one. Don't hit me up on this, i don't know how this license system shit works.

Also the only developer we have for this, is Tomasas, and he has his own shit to worry about. It will be done when Tomasas has time for it. Don't rush on him or anybody else. We're not waiting with the release because we think its funny to have the servers down, theres always a reason.

I can lend a hand if you want? I wouldn't be able to do the overly complex things but at least it would give him less to do, I'mm currently just my own dev server for Clockwork.

Edit: For instance Vort factions are done, I'm currently working on id locked weaponry and CWU uniforms.

Of course factions are the easiest thing to do :p
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:00:11 PM by connall »

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 01:58:53 PM »
I might be able to assist as well. I haven't done to many lua projects in recent years,  but I might be able to assist with some of the smaller things as well if needed.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »

This is not directed towards anyone in a negative way at all, in any way, shape, or form, but Tomasas' main focus is HRP. So what is there to motivate him to switch and work on HL2RP until we can get it working and up as it always has been? I mean that's switching to a project where you don't know what was planned for it, how it was supposed to be, involves a gamemode you don't play, etc.

I don't mean that in a negative way, and I'd be the same way if I played and developed HL2RP instead of HRP. I'm just curious as to what is going to make Tomasas switch from developing what he's here to develop (HRP) to devoting his time to HL2RP, a game mode he doesn't play or pay much attention to, to the best of my knowledge.

This could take months, which honestly will likely drive people from the community. Call me impatient if you want, but letting HL2RP sit as it is will aggravate and do nothing in the way good for Catalyst Gaming. I'm not calling for Tomasas to work on this and drop everything he's doing at all, I'm just pointing out this issue and if we have to put our faith in the hands of a developer that doesn't have much to do with this game mode, I'm not sure about the future of things, or our a number of our members. The day you tell people HL2RP isn't returning to CG is the day it begins to die. I'm not saying anyone said that here, but what's hl2rp worth getting up if we can't get it up for months down the road because our main developer has his own projects to work on with his own game mode (and rightfully so).

***Again, none of this is intended as an insult to anyone or anything of the sort.***
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:25:14 PM by Airborne1st »

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 02:18:22 PM »

This is not directed towards anyone in a negative way at all, in any way, shape, or form, but Tomasas' main focus is HRP. So what is there to motivate him to switch and work on HL2RP until we can get it working and up as it always has been? I mean that's switching to a project where you don't know what was planned for it, how it was supposed to be, involves a gamemode you don't play, etc.

I don't mean that in a negative way, and I'd be the same way if I played and developed HL2RP instead of HRP. I'm just curious as to what is going to make Tomasas switch from developing what he's here to develop (HRP) to devoting his time to HL2RP, a game mode he doesn't play or pay much attention to, to the best of my knowledge.

This could take months, which honestly will likely drive people from the community. Call me impatient if you want, but letting HL2RP sit as it is will aggravate and do nothing in the way good for Catalyst Gaming. I'm not calling for Tomasas to work on this and drop everything he's doing at all, I'm just pointing out this issue and if we have to put our faith in the hands of a developer that doesn't have much to do with this game mode, I'm not sure about the future of things, or our a number of our members. The day you tell people HL2RP isn't returning to CG is the day it begins to die. I'm not saying anyone said that here, but what's hl2rp worth getting up if we can't get it up for months down the road because our main developer has his own projects to work on with his own game mode (and rightfully so).

Could just put HL2RP with the most important stuff and let the devs do a steady stream of updates for the trivial stuff.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:20:50 PM by connall »

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 02:39:31 PM »

Could just put HL2RP with the most important stuff and let the devs do a steady stream of updates for the trivial stuff.

That's exactly what I was thinking, there isn't a reason that the server has to be completely done before it can be released, it can just have the essentials at first and updates added when needed.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 02:59:22 PM »

That's exactly what I was thinking, there isn't a reason that the server has to be completely done before it can be released, it can just have the essentials at first and updates added when needed.

Then let's do that?...

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 03:12:28 PM »
As I said in original post, the aim will(or should be) to get legacy up and running. Custom CG updates can come later when rofl or whoever gets another dev or somebody to sort stuff out.

Everything waits till we buy the license.
what

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »
As I said in original post, the aim will(or should be) to get legacy up and running. Custom CG updates can come later when rofl or whoever gets another dev or somebody to sort stuff out.

Everything waits till we buy the license.

Well offer still stands I'm going to be coding stuff in the mean time anyway.

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 03:33:26 PM »
Stuff will be sorted sooner or later and shouldn't take months. This thread only causes speculations so I'm going to lock it.
Actually, keep this thread clean of speculations about release time and how things should/will work regarding development.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 03:35:43 PM by TOMASAS »
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 04:06:30 PM »
So let's say we get a license and get legacy up. Will hl2rp be as we've always known it, minus the custom things we had? Will our characters transfer? Will PET flags, TT, admin commands, ect. work? Will the CCA have model from the Metropolice V5 pack like we talked about long time ago?

Basically, what exactly does it mean to get legacy up? Will this even be worth playing? Or will it just be absolute shit without our, "Custom CG stuff?"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal