Author Topic: [PENDING] Nikolai Zakhar's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1001 times)

[PENDING] Nikolai Zakhar's Civil Authority Application
« on: May 13, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
Nikolai Zakhar's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: |HGN| DJ Chrissy Saren

IC Character Name: Nikolai Zakhar

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
 Nikolai wants to join the Combine Civil Authority because ever since they first invaded, not during the Seven Hour War during that he was scared but after wards, ever since he saw what the Combine Civil Authority could do as a whole he wanted to join. He wanted to be a part of a great, unstoppable force such as the Combine Civil Authority, a force that will stop at nothing to keep things in order and under control and in line. He wants to help with that mission priority and help keep order among everyone.
      Although he has wanted to join earlier he just now really felt it was the time to do so, so what did he do? He filled out an application hoping and dreaming of finally becoming one of the great Civil Protection units. Of course he knew it would be a dangerous task but he was always up for something dangerous. Nikolai wants to join not only to be a part of something great, but to be a part of of something some people actually fear and despise, he wanted to keep Society protected while keeping the citizens in fear of what the CCA will do next.
   Not only did Nikolai want to be a part of the CCA for the reasons listed above but he also wanted to be in the CCA so that he could help keep things stable among everyone in the city, keep citizens following the prescribed law given to them by the CCA and keep each and every person doing as told, when told, and how they are told to the letter of what they were told. Nikolai feels that he has something to offer to the Combine Civil Authority and that if he gets accepted he can help keep City-18 a city without to many problems and not very much civil disobedience displayed by anti-citizens.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Trust Worthy
Responsible
Dedicated

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
OOCLY: I've been a combine many times on other servers so I'm expecting the role to be similar to those on the servers before but I'm also expecting a new experience with a group of players I've never played with before and don't exactly know who to expect things from and who not to expect things from. I also expect my time to be enjoyable as it was before because usually, I join, or apply for CCA and get in and the time I'm in is extremely fun so I'm expecting some fun times and some times that aren't so fun, either way I think my experience will be very enjoyable and hopefully full of RP experiences that would not be experienced outside of the Combine Civil Authority.

ICLY: Nikolai is expecting many things from the Combine Civil Authority including experience but most of all training. Nikolai expects to be trained in many different ways and he already knows that if he makes it in the training will help him in hopefully every situation he gets into and every dispatch he gets. Nikolai believes that by joining the Combine Civil Authority he will get the best training he can possibly get among being able to finally do something with himself and not just wander the streets like the mindless citizens waiting for the next ration distribution cycle. He feels he has more to offer then that.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Nikolai was born in 1980 into a family, his family was not rich nor poor, they were just average trying to make it. His father who was a sales representative made most of the money for the family, his mother worked in a small time diner on the corner of his street. With his and her money combined it gave them enough to pay the bills on time and get the essentials needed to live in there everyday life. Nikolai went to work at the young age of fourteen at his mothers diner, he wasn't well paid since his mother was already being paid but the money he did earn, it got him what he wanted. He always liked to have what he wanted and if he didn't get it he would get the money himself to get it. He wasn't greedy he just didn't like seeing something he wanted and not being able to get it when he wanted.
    Nikolai worked in his mothers diner for a while, after a while he got tired of always doing the same thing, listening to the same commands so he decided he was going to quit the job and use the money he had earned to move to another country. So he did, he got his stuff ready and went to the airport. At the airport, Nikolai spent all his money on a plane ticket to America, his mother went with him, she didn't like the fact he was leaving at the age of only eighteen. He did though, he was tired of the seeing the same buildings, locations and people every day, he bought a ticket to America to explore and hopefully find something new, something he could be proud of.
   Nikolai had a long flight to go and the whole time he thought about two things, what it would be like over there and how he left his mother just standing there sobbing. He felt bad but he knew, she needed to get over it, she needed to realize he was growing up and that he wasn't some little kid anymore. His mother told him that she would write him every day. He doubted she had enough time in the day with work and everything to do that. Nikolai couldn't sleep on the plane, he had never been on a plane and he was pretty scared. He had heard stories in the past about them crashing or something going wrong with them and he didn't like that at all.
   When Nikolai's plane landed he was almost asleep, the screeching of the tires hitting the pavement and moving forward at a quick pace. As the plane began to slow down Nikolai stretched in his seat. When the plane finally stopped he stood up and got in the single file line with the rest of the crowd. He needed to earn money, he needed new clothes, a place to stay and he needed to find someone to help him out if not a map. Nikolai had arrived in the outskirts of a city called Chicago, Illinois, a rather big city but it seemed pleasant enough. Nikolai rented a hotel for the night with the money he had left over from the plane ticket, he figured, he'd go out and find his way around and find a job in the early morning so he'd have plenty of time.
   Nikolai liked the hotel a lot, the bed was comfortable and it was pleasant, for a while at least. Nikolai slept for about four hours until he heard a loud scream and then a gunshot followed after that, when Nikolai heard it he sat up weak and numb from all the walking and moving around. He slowly got up and limped over to the window, he peered through his window and looked outside, the street was lit by a single lamppost sitting next to a diner, no signs of any one was out there until he saw some movement from a near by bank, he could see a shadow by the wall, it seemed to be a man sitting by it, he felt like going to see if he was alright but he didn't know what happened and he didn't want to get into anything big his first night. He decided just to walk back over to his bed and go back to sleep. He tried and tried and tried to go to sleep but he just couldn't. He couldn't quit thinking about the figure he saw, he knew he couldn't have done anything though.
   Morning came early for Nikolai, the crickets chirped all night and he felt light-headed all night. When the sun shone through the curtains Niko knew it was time to get up and begin his day, he knew today was the day to make something of himself in this new life and new place. This place was a lot different then Russia, in Russia he didn't have restless nights, he slept perfect like he was floating on a pillow, here though, it was different. Niko could barely get up and take some medication to help him. Nikolai slowly sat up and did his morning routine. After he had done everything he could in his room he checked out knowing he didn't have enough money to stay another night, today he had to make money or he'd be sleeping on the street tonight. As Niko left the hotel he noticed the streets weren't overly crowded like they would be at this time in Russia but he knew he needed to learn, this wasn't Russia, this was a totally different world for him and he knew he had to get used to it if he wanted to survive.
   Nikolai lived in Chicago for fourteen years until he was 32, married with two kids. It was vacation time, the family including Nikolai was already packed up and ready to go, plane tickets already bought destination already set. They were going to Nikolai's home country, Russia to see how it has changed since 1980 when he was first born. Nikolai and his family left the house of course they didn't know they'd never see each other or their house again. When they got to the airport they were already running late so they were forced to hurry up with bagging and run to the plane. The plane ride lasted ten hours and when they got there they noticed something right off the bat. Gunfire, screams and havoc all around. People were shouting, screaming for their loved ones and kids. Nikolai looked out his window everything he could see was a big cloud of dust, no reminisce of a city once called Moscow only thing left was fire, smoke and bodies layed out across the airstrip as far as Nikolai could see. He had no idea what the fuck was going on but he knew he had to protect his family no matter what.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yes, I was here around a year ago this month. The character was removed due to me becoming inactive.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Seven years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Seven years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A year ago, I played for around 6 months, now I've been back for about 3 days.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Central Standard Time

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable quality Rp experience hands down would have to be about Four years ago when I was a starting out recruit on a server that closed down a few years ago called HL2Land. I had just gone done with training and was out with I guess he would be considered my training officer. Well, we were patrolling the City-45 Square and all of a sudden we heard gunfire coming from District-2. We radioed it in and got Six or Seven units all together to do a raid, after we all got ready, got the equipment ready we set out.
   It ended up turning into a whole riot staring in D-2 and ending up all over the city with pretty much every citizen who was not a loyalist attacking us. The roleplay was pretty tense and it ended up lasting about two hours in a whole. I remember it so well because never in my time of roleplaying, not in the six years have I had a roleplay as tense or as I guess the word would be exhilarating as that time. That wasn't the funnest roleplay I've ever had but it was quite close and definitely qualifies as the most memorable roleplay experience I've ever had.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Nikolai Zakhar
CID: 90661
Height: 5'11
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Green
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 175
Mental Distinctions: N/A
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: N/A
Notable Qualities: Quick thinker, fast worker, intelligent,

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I've never been detained.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I am.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
 I want to join the Combine Civil Authority for many reasons but mainly just for one, To help protect Civilized Society as a whole and keep the citizens at bay while still keeping them under control and doing as the Combine Civil Authority says without question and without backtalk.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Nikolai Zakhar hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:22:43 PM by Jonco »
CA.CCA.APEX.04.230

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nikolai Zakhar's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 12:25:28 AM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: GRID
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...