Author Topic: Trent Marlow's Authorization Application  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Trent Marlow's Authorization Application
« on: April 22, 2012, 08:46:01 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: [Kai Daniels] [RSO2012]
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Over seven years (7y)
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About eight months (8m)

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Advanced Building knowledge (Creating)

Name: Trent Marlow
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Richard Marlow reached down to the piece of wood, holding it up to his eight-year-old son's face.
"Trent, this, could be anything you want. Have enough, you could make a house, which I do. You could make container. You could make anything" he said as he lowered it, getting back to work. Trent Marlow's father was a worker for Carson's Lumber Company. It was small, but his father was the fastest at removing trees the old fashion way, with an axe. Not only he was good at cutting down the tree, but he was able to make that tree into anything he wished. This pleased his son. Trent, as he grew older and older, always wanted his father to show him how to build different things, like jewelry container, or a bird house, or something else creative. It was when he fourteen that he realized that it could be improvised with different style, and that there were many ways to create things, and using different materials to make what ever he wished.

His father had an accident with a collapsed building, causing his death. Carson's Lumber Company shut down, due to economic problems in Trent's area. He was unable to go to college due to his family not having enough money. Trent was out of options. He needed a job. After several months, he finally found one that worked. It was productive, creative, and involved creating things. He was hired by a theater to make props for the plays. Their previous one had quit and they were desperately looking for a replacement. He didn't get to do much, but he did learn to add finer details, and how to perfect his things.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Able to build stands, small houses (If in the outlands ever), and other things
-Able to make defenses such as barricades or walls (If enough supplies, and not to block anything, just protect)

Defects
-Building supplies are hard to find
-Wood is common, but hard to find in good condition
-Tools are necessary to building

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
-Build stands and barricades if needed (It would take time though)

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Only me.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
(Character may move to outlands soon)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:05:07 PM by [Kai Daniels] [RSO2012] »
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Trent Marlow's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »
I talked this over with you in Steam and you told me how you would get tools and materials and it all checked out.

+support

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 06:09:57 PM »
The only thing that bothers me:
How did he get a job in this subject without education? Almost all jobs around this subject require proper education or you can't apply for it.

Minus that, the application looks not bad. Even though it's quite on the short side, it might bring in some good RP.
So you'll get my support for this.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »
I explained that a bit more ICly on the servers. Apologies for not adding it in here.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 01:25:13 AM »
Accepted for advanced building knowledge.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal