Author Topic: [3/5/2012] Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #9  (Read 6114 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[3/5/2012] Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #9
« on: March 05, 2012, 02:28:48 PM »

Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #9

Organization Ranks
The org system has been upgraded with a new ranking system.
You can now set your members to different ranks via the org menu in the Q tab.
Theres no current way to check your org members rank, so when you set their rank, make sure to write it down somewhere so you remember what rank they are.
Also when you promote someone to a rank, don't worry if it doesnt tell you you promoted them, because it did. It does it in the silent ;)

Organization Bank
The org bank is something thats been undercoming for a long time, and im sure you will enjoy it.
Its done by myself and Hey Honey (our new junior dev). Its a system that allows you to withdraw/deposit money, as well as withdraw and deposit items.
Every org has an org bank, but it starts out with 0 space. The org owner can upgrade the org bank to hold more items (upgrade the space of it), but it costs 1000 dollars for each kg you want extra.
So to upgrade it to 50, you need to pay 50k.
It may sound a bit expensive, but this is a huge oppitinuty to get a lot of extra "inventory" space, as well as easy sharing with fellow org members.

Award System
Oh right, the award system. Its a system to keep up motivation for the players thats "seen everything".
I've tried to make them hard to get so that people could get motivated and try to earn the awards.
Of course its not just a shiny clientside menu. Awards also give a reward which is added to your pocket, as well as badges on the forums in your posts, and on your profile.

General Changes
  • You only need mechanical crafting 1 to use the wrench now.
  • Removed the penetration script.
  • Made a huge content update. All of the files that are not in sickness models, and the current content pack, is on the FastDL.
  • Updated the OCRP content pack. Remove any other OCRP CONTENT PACK from your addons folder, and get the two content packs from the downloads page on the forums.
  • All text on doors, vehicles, priced items and items set as signs now has the CG colors.
  • Signing items is now done via F2 instead of F1.
  • All cars default health is now 100 (except government vehicles).
  • When reparing your car it sets your cars health to 100 no matter what armor upgrade you have.
  • Fixed a spelling error where 20 hours said 30 hours.
  • Fixed an error where VIPs didnt get 50% off on playtime limits.
  • Added an armor upgrade NPC next to all of the other vehicle npcs. You can buy armor for your vehicle and it will give your car 100 more HP.
  • Fixed the glitch with ATVs.
  • Weed no longer disappears if you disconnect. This means that if you have planted some weed and you disconnect, the weed will stay on the server, and you wont have the pots with planted weed refunded on rejoin.
  • The fireaxe now does no damage.
  • In options you can now choose to either use Z or L, to enable the mouse cursor for the phone.
  • Fixed nitros on the phantom semi-truck.
  • Added a new ranking system for orgs in OCRP. The owner can now promote his org members to be able to kick and invite people to the org. The "co-owners" cannot kick the owner of course.
  • Fixed not being able to drop your fishing rod if you only had one.
  • Fixed not being able to sell certain items at the cheapie.
  • Recoded the way the bobbles above NPCs were made. It now also spins around.
  • Re-enabled the lottery. Put the price for a ticket down to 2500-3500 dollars.
  • When buying a ticket, the lottery pot now gets set to: current pot + ticket price * 1 instead of ticket price * 0.8.
  • Added a gas tank upgrade NPC next to all of the other vehicle npcs. You can buy the gas upgrade for your vehicle and it will give twice as much gas, as the vehicles tank is by default. (All cars has different gas tanks).
  • Fixed the murcilago display not being available in the respray menu.
  • Removed playtime requirements for ALL jobs. Everybody can now take any job, at any time.
  • Award system for OCRP has been implanted. Press F2 to check the available awards, and you can also find them on your profile on the forums.
  • Organization bank is now a part of OCRP. You can access your orgs bank at the bank of evocity (next to BP). You can store money AND items in the bank, as well as withdraw it again. Use the little locker that is added in there. Specific ranks are required to withdraw from the org bank/wallet.
  • Fixed the same exploit on the bank system, that was with every other withdraw/deposit menus.
  • When you die inside of your car (or get KO'ed), it automatically locks the car.

Organization Changes
  • Added an entirely new system for the org owner to manage his members with. He can now promote members to 3 different levels/position.
  • Added co-owner "rank". Co-owner can invite members, kick members and withdraw from organization bank.
  • Added level one "rank". Level one members can invite members and withdraw from organization bank.
  • Added level two "rank". Level two members can withdraw from organization bank.
  • Added a button to demote members to default org member. Keep in mind that members can only have one of the above ranks. So if you apply a level one rank to the co-owner, he will turn into a level one member.

Vehicle Changes
  • Added 2 new cars
    • The Audi R8 V10. It costs $1,150,000.
    • The Lamborghini Murcielago LP640. It costs $1.340,000.
  • Slightly improved the Veyron script

DJ (Catalyst FM) Changes
  • The radio station is now owned by Catalyst FM.
  • Made a system to allow DJs to unlock Catalyst FM owned properties(s).
  • If a DJ has more than 2 DJ radios, they have them all removed, and given one (so they can only have one in total).

Award List
  • Millionaire - Have one million dollars in your bank at once.
  • Evo City Marathon - Play on the same server for 8 hours in a row.
  • Lottery Winner - Win the lottery while on the server
  • Dedicated Player - Get 1 week of playtime in total.
  • Secret Phrase - Figure out the secret phrase and type it in the chat.
  • Evo City Half Marathon - Play on the same server for 4 hours in a row.
  • Social Player - Play on a full OCRP server.
  • Loyal To The Government - Play as police officer for 2 hours in a row.
  • You Own The Mall - Have so many items for sale, that you hit the shop limit.
  • Comrades - Own/be in an organization with at least 20 members.
  • Junkie - Have at least 1000 weed bags in your inventory.
  • Full Economy - As mayor, get a 100% green economy.
  • Owner Party - Play with all 3 owners at the same time.
Award list can also be seen ingame by pressing F2 (while not looking at anything), and by going to your profile and go to "Awards List".

Hey Honey has also been added back to the Junior Developer rank. He helped out a shit ton with the org bank (made the entire part where you withdraw and deposit items), and will be helping with OCRP in the future as well.

Try to keep this thread away from the replies such as "crap-head the update sucks, you're shit!11", and "fuck the award x is fucking dumb and hard to get omg remove it because i don't like it!!2". If you feel something is wrongfully added, post in here, or post a suggestion to change it, and how it should be changed, and why it is a bad idea to keep it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:18:16 PM by Crap-Head »
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Re: [3/5/2012] Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #9
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:37:54 PM »
7 players already, 'Christ I hope this update isn't a flatliner.
As in, alive a bit and dead again.

The job limit ruined it, completely.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 03:04:21 PM »
Awesome. I'll check it out soon! Thanks Crap-Head, hope this livens OCRP a bit(or a lot).

Offline Quarantine

• AdMiNgE aBuS eRr DaY
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:19:45 PM »
I am liking this update, the organization bank and ranks are really nice to have. Can only hope this brings back some players.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 05:54:52 PM »
The awards is a really nice way to keep oldfags like us that already have all cars and all other shit playing. ;)
Gives us another goal to reach.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Aneeso

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »
Award system, wonder where you got there idea from...
To be honest again, you've done the same, added new cars and tweeked the organisation system. You've done minor work just wrote a lot to make it seem you've done a lot. You're doing back and forward work.

This is feedback, not troll incase you didn't get it.
Nothing to see here.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »
To be honest again, you've done the same, added new cars and tweeked the organisation system. You've done minor work just wrote a lot to make it seem you've done a lot. You're doing back and forward work.

That little bit of work made the gamemode much better. And even if he got the idea somewhere, he used it because it was a good idea. Just because someone else used it doesn't mean he can't.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 03:01:17 AM »
In this entire planet, there doesn't exist something original anymore.
EVERYTHING you see around you has it's own copies.

Lets put a very random example up: The movie 'Saving private ryan' is a pretty good movie right? Specially if you see it for the first time.
But is it the first and only war movie? Of course not... It's like the 6928697th movie about the second world war, but it is still a good movie.

tldr: Who cares if something is copied from another idea. If it is good, then it is good. Nuff said.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 06:25:05 AM »

Heh, you're funny.

I love it when people accuse me of all kinds of bullshit, before even seeing the update ingame.

Oh and to inform you, in total just the "simple award system" and the tweaking of the org system + the "stupid little" org bank, is around 1400 lines. That includes the clientside part, the serverside code + mysql part (server - forum), as well as the shared tables and code.

So yeah, okay.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Gaars

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 10:53:29 AM »
The audi R8 is the best car ive seen on this server. Good job with the Update!

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »
In options you can now choose to either use Z or L, to enable the mouse cursor for the phone.

Omnomnomnomnonmnom...

Great work Crap-Head.

And it's these "Little tweaks" that keep the gamemode fun, if these updates wouldn't be there OCRP would have been dead a long time ago because it would be to repetitive and boring.

Offline Aneeso

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 12:25:12 PM »
Sorry crap-head, you're updating not fixing with minor stuff. Any coder would agree. Oh, nice to see you fixed the bank exploit. (Yeah, my point is right there. Fix it.) So don't hate when you have bugs to fix.
Nothing to see here.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 12:58:01 PM »
Sorry crap-head, you're updating not fixing with minor stuff. Any coder would agree. Oh, nice to see you fixed the bank exploit. (Yeah, my point is right there. Fix it.) So don't hate when you have bugs to fix.

You have yet to tell me the damn bank exploit that you keep going on about.

How would i fix something, when i don't even know how it works :c

Offline [2E] Marbles

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 02:51:01 PM »
I just want to say I love this update and its really great, but I think the Audi's prices should be quite a bit lower, like maybe $100,000 and $225,000. Also I want to say, I haven't played in here a long time, and the only way I found out about this, is I got bored. I might suggest adverting the server somehow, I think it will really get the server going.
Thanks!
NiNJAFoX

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 04:32:11 PM »
I believe you should bring penetration back, but otherwise this was the best update since ocrp 1.5 update

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal