Author Topic: Flash gernades kill  (Read 5189 times)

Offline Cowgirl*^_^*

• View Profile
    • Awards
Flash gernades kill
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:04:47 AM »
http://www.theagitator.com/2011/03/09/swat-officer-killed-by-non-lethal-flashbang-grenade/

A “flash-bang” grenade is basically a blast grenade without the metal shrapnel shroud of pre-perforated steel wire.

If a flash-bang grenade lands close to a suspect or their family, they will be seriously injured.

it doesn't just flow up and the metal not hit anyone and if it goes off on your hand or on your belt your going to be hurting rather bad missing a hand or a chuck of your leg from a shrapnel wound.

Just FYI to all novice combine

Fucka you haters XD

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Flash gernades kill
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:23:11 AM »
But they have (Some) have augs.

Not only that, they have kevlar.

If you add the two factors together, there woudn't be much damage done.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Cowgirl*^_^*

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 01:44:03 AM »
Implying the swat wasn't wearing a Kevlar vest please understand that it protects your chest and if you want to rp having more protection you will be slower and heavier.

Fucka you haters XD

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 02:05:25 AM »
Implying the swat wasn't wearing a Kevlar vest please understand that it protects your chest and if you want to rp having more protection you will be slower and heavier.

The person that is injured by the flash bang really depends on who it is. If it's an RCT-02 they be seriously injured (or killed if possible). However, an 01 might not have as much injury as the ranks below but they will still able to take damage from the flash grenade. An amu/epu/emu+ is unlikely to get hurt since because of the augmentations and there Kevlar is a level 5 and they do have Kevlar around there legs and such. The kevlar isn't actually thick really it's I suppose acts like the heavier version of the dragon skin armor. I also think to believe elite-graded armor, would possibly cover the limbs (Not fully though probably the upper legs and arms). Flash grenades would not really effect Epu+ that much, unless they hit there lower leg or something.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:33:22 AM »
I was in ventrilo during the siuation that you are referencing Dakota, and frankly, what you did was stupid.

Nobody goes up to a AmU (or EmU, whatever) and tries to pull the pin on a flash grenade on their belt, THEN PROCEED TO try and shoot an AR2 WHILE it is in a DvL's hand.

Follow that with about twenty minutes of OOC bitching and a badly timed to say the least CCA application and I must say I lol'd.

Have you heard of FearRP, m'lady?

Such an interesting topic I must say.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:37:36 AM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Cats Pajamas

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 09:45:12 AM »
Honestly I couldn't see someone with heavy kevlar getting anything more than 3rd degree burns. I am not 100% sure how flash grenades work but to my knowledge they release heat and light not an explosion.
Glenn Irene Jr. Savior of the Outlands!

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »
I was in ventrilo during the siuation that you are referencing Dakota, and frankly, what you did was stupid.

Nobody goes up to a AmU (or EmU, whatever) and tries to pull the pin on a flash grenade on their belt, THEN PROCEED TO try and shoot an AR2 WHILE it is in a DvL's hand.

Follow that with about twenty minutes of OOC bitching and a badly timed to say the least CCA application and I must say I lol'd.

Have you heard of FearRP, m'lady?

Such an interesting topic I must say.

Agreed 100 percent

/thread

Offline Cowgirl*^_^*

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 03:46:01 PM »
So saving a citizen life giving him a chance to run and pulling the pin on a unit and him dying and was accepted in the role play
(Check)
During the confusion fight the other unit trying to get his gun out of his hands attempting to force his hand down to pull the trigger bypassing the bio lock which was accepted in role play.
(check)
My character died for these actions so that another may life (check)
Gave the CCA and citizens something to do on what was a uneventful night (check)

Your bitching about me why now?

Fucka you haters XD

Offline Forgotten

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 03:55:39 PM »
So saving a citizen life giving him a chance to run and pulling the pin on a unit and him dying and was accepted in the role play
(Check)
During the confusion fight the other unit trying to get his gun out of his hands attempting to force his hand down to pull the trigger bypassing the bio lock which was accepted in role play.
(check)
Gave the CCA and citizens something to do on what was a uneventful night (check)

This much is true.
Characters: Derek Boone (Alive)
Current Location: Union Civil Housing
Affiliation: Loyalist

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 05:38:24 PM »
(Check)
(check)

I hate to be rude, especially to people I do not know, but...

All you have caused ever since you got your unit was headaches and facepalms. You shot a CmD, did a bunch of other offenses on your citizen, including mingerunning and FailRP which I cannot bother to recite, and now a good unit was PKed because you HAD to be a hero, avoiding any notion of FearRP in the process.

And to get back on topic, flash grenades have barely enough explosive power to emit enough gas through perforations in the casing in order to cause the flash and the bang, at the very most it would set the unit on fire.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:41:34 PM by Riemer »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 06:13:16 PM »
(Check)
(check)

You didn't give citizen's any RP at all. The only RP they saw (It wasn't even RP) was you arguing with the units even though the units were right like 99.9% of the time. There was 5 units surrounding you, 2 of them were DvLs, and the other a CmD. Show some FearRP next time. I would shit my pants if 5 units had a gun to my face.

Not flaming, just my opinion about the topic.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 11:38:11 PM »
(Check)
(check)

You didn't give citizen's any RP at all. The only RP they saw (It wasn't even RP) was you arguing with the units even though the units were right like 99.9% of the time. There was 5 units surrounding you, 2 of them were DvLs, and the other a CmD. Show some FearRP next time. I would shit my pants if 5 units had a gun to my face.

This is quite true, you try to ran with a scanner arguing that you ran and said "You couldn't see me carrying it" While I argued that you even if your healthy and are well fed, A scanner is heavy, unless your like buff and can carry it easily I don't really seeing you buff or have nimble speed, a scanner is heavy and can not be run off with easily. Instead of acting like this, be thankful that you are not banned for this constant bullshit. This is a major flaw that you do, find a solution to fix it, or you may face consequences for it.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 12:02:31 AM »
Honestly, it seems like every other time I check CG's forums I always find something new about Dakota messing something up, getting in trouble, making people mad, or a combination of the three.
o7

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 12:23:57 AM »
(Check)
(check)

This is quite true, you try to ran with a scanner arguing that you ran and said "You couldn't see me carrying it" While I argued that you even if your healthy and are well fed, A scanner is heavy, unless your like buff and can carry it easily I don't really seeing you buff or have nimble speed, a scanner is heavy and can not be run off with easily. Instead of acting like this, be thankful that you are not banned for this constant bullshit. This is a major flaw that you do, find a solution to fix it, or you may face consequences for it.

Not sure if everything you said was directed at me, but I didn't have scanner. (If it wasn't directed at me, just ignore me).

ANYWAYS.

Dakota causes constant bullshit all time time, arguing about everything. He/she was even arguing over OOC about the whole scanner thing. Then Dakota decides to try and fight 5 units who have guns in her/his face. I am not flaming, just giving my opinion. Not only that, when Dakota was attacking 5 units, he/she was saying things like 'P2L'. I don't think a mal-nourished civi can fight a DvL, making me think that DvL's don't really have to P2L because...well I mean...come on...It's a freakin DvL...do I really have to explain?

Lastly, I am not saying to go BAN BAN BAN, Just tell Dakota to take a chill pill with the whole arguing about every little tiny thing.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 12:57:15 AM »
I don't know if anybody else realized this, but on her CCA application that she made on yesturday morning, she lied.

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Many Years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Many Years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A few months

The first two are doubtable, as somebody with her limited caliber would not be that "experianced" in her roleplay, and I checked and I found that shes only been in CG for less than a single month.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:04:38 AM by Riemer »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal