Author Topic: rp_ineu_pass_vX Suggestions  (Read 4434 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
rp_ineu_pass_vX Suggestions
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:15:28 PM »
Make suggestions for the new outlands map based in the mountains. Keep in mind these are suggestions and I have the right to deny any suggestion I so choose.
Format:
Code: [Select]
[b]Suggestion Description:[/b]

[b]Special Features (eg. moving walls):[/b]

[b]Theme (eg. combine):[/b]

[b]Approximate Size:[/b]

[b]Extra Notes (optional):[/b]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:35:24 PM by Statua »

Offline Ghosteh

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: rp_outermountains_vX Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 03:43:32 PM »
Suggestion Description:
1 - Snowy mountains.
2 - Caves within the mountains.
3 - Streams going down them, maybe leading to rivers.
Special Features (eg. moving walls):
1 - Maybe when you walk into that area you see snow on your screen, or the sound when you're walking in it.
2 - Again, just sounds.
3 - Water, if it's counted as a special effect.
Theme (eg. combine):
1 - Snowy mountain theme, like mount everast or something.
2 - I'd say more of a refugee/resistance theme, it could go with the snowy theme to keep warm, it could even be home to some wildlife.
3 - Hasn't really got much of a theme, just a mountain stream theme.
Approximate Size:
1 - The highest parts of mountains.
2 - Anywhere.
3 - Down any mountain.
Extra Notes (optional):
None

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 04:20:01 PM »
Sorry to not use a format, but I find that numbers in a map name during development stages don't look too ideal, might I suggest using alpha, beta, etc for the version names? This includes final, or you know, rp_participantsland_two_final.

Thanks.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 04:27:24 PM »
Suggestion Description:
A flooded mineshaft up the more mountainous areas, possibly at of one of the cliff-edge roads, built into the side of one of the cliffs. The mine would at first seem like a natural cave with a few support beams, but it would open up to a 30 degree-sloped mineshaft, and about a quarter of the way from the bottom, there would be knee-high water, and the ground would level out. There would be another slope to the left as you reach the bottom, and it would lead up to some sort of room in which the miners would have breaks. The room would offer shelter/encampment to refugees. Opposite the initial entrance point, there would be another tunnel, and this would be a bit above the lowest point in the map. As you proceed through the tunnel, you come out at a cliff edge, overlooking the lowest point in the map. It would be up about twenty-five metres or so, and there would be a basin of water at the bottom, leaking from an underground creek. The more adventurous could leap into the water, but there would be a steep and precarious path leading down the cliff edge, towards the bottom.

Apart from the water basin and the water inside the shaft, nothing much.

Theme (eg. combine):
Abandoned and industrial.

Approximate Size:
The flooded room would be about the size of a single floor in the C18 CWU building, the storage room, about the size of a C18 UCH apartment. These areas - excluding the first tunnel and the cliff edge - and the tunnel leading towards the water basin exit would be above the lowest section of ground in the map by about the height of the catwalks in C18. This means, when you get to the cliff exit, when you look down at the small water basin, the height would be roughly the same to you standing on the C18 catwalks while looking at the ground.

Extra Notes (optional):
N/A

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 01:45:06 PM »
Suggestion Description: The spawn would start out in a sewer, just like in Outer_canals, the spawn room would be in a room in the sewers, with water going up to say a persons knees, in front of them is a pipe, that can either go through some sewer, or it can lead out to the map, the pipe would stick out high above in a moutain face. The pipe can either be a few hammer units above the moutain face if its going diagonal, or it can lead to a long drop to the bottom, in which you land in water below, whether it be nateral or sewer water.
Special Features (eg. moving walls): Water leaking out of the pipe that leads to the outside, so that the water at the bottom seems it occured from the pipe, and not just magiclly came to be.
Theme (eg. combine): Nateral
Approximate Size: The spawn room would be about the size of the spawn room in outer_canals, the pipe would be big enough for an average human to fit through (atleast in source) and if its going to be a long drop, the water would be deep enough to allow the player to survive, although the player would have to RP jumping into the water and such, and not just swim up to the top and out of the water.
Extra Notes (optional): None
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 04:56:09 AM »
Suggestion Description: Underground, 2 rooms, looking like klieners lab.
Special Features (eg. moving walls): The second room features a sort of secret way to open it, like then eye scan that opens the picture frame switch.
Theme (eg. combine): Resistance, kliener. "Red letter day."
Approximate Size: About as big as 4-6 apartments in the CCH
Extra Notes (optional):

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 12:14:28 AM »
Suggestion Description: This regards the mine that you say your going to do in your to-do list, assuming the mine is in a moutain, and goes up the moutain, around the top of the mine shaft, the track turns to the left and leads out to a track that opens out into a large, expansive valley/moutain range. The track abruptly ends and, if you were to look at it from the outside, the shaft it a small hole cut into the moutain. Theres no way to get to the bottom of the moutain, so really, all that part has for RP is talking to someone while Rping looking out at the nice view.

3D skybox so you don't have to use so much space for the view

Theme (eg. combine):
Nateral, man-made

Approximate Size:
The track would be big enough to fit a minecart, width wise, so twice the size of an average human in souce. The view would be as big as you wish for it to be.

Extra Notes (optional):
None.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 06:05:49 AM »
Suggestion Description: I was wondering because I have seen this before on another map but I believe if it is not already there it should be added. I think and strongly suggest we make a combine base at the outskirts of Outlands to accompany OTA and have some gear and equipment inside. I would think that this would be anywhere near Outlands as new a road to get into the city.

Special Features (eg. moving walls): Maybe add a combine barrier.. I mean I really did not give thought into the special effects of the area. I believe that the combine base should be unique in its own way but I cant seem to think what would bring it these physcical qulaities. I have to say it is up to you on what you think you should have.

Theme (eg. combine): Combine

Approximate Size: Does have to be huge but just big enough to host a spawn site for OTA and also a weapons room or area of such.

Extra Notes (optional):
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 11:59:03 PM »
Bad news. I hit the displacement limit. I'll spend some time dumbing down some of valves super small unsless displacements, however some suggestions I put on the dev page might not make it in. Priorities for displacements are as follows:
-outer borders (cliffs, treelines)
-mountain connections
-caves
-mines
-extra parts

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: rp_ineu_pass_vX Suggestions
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 11:32:09 AM »
Suggestion Description:
I suggest adding a small detainment block into the combine base as well as a small treatment facility to administer memory replacement to the citizens or vortigaunts being recaptured and released back into the metroplex system. Tell me what you think.
Just the moving detainment doors.

Theme (eg. combine):
Combine

Approximate Size:
It can be anywhere from the size of the C11 detainment block (Which we can all agree was awesome) to our current detainment on the city server.

Extra Notes (optional):
None.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:38:28 AM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal