Author Topic: Where Did You Get Your Name?  (Read 11017 times)

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Where Did You Get Your Name?
« on: October 16, 2012, 11:21:30 PM »
I haven't seen a thread about this on CG, and couldn't find any with the search, so I figured I'd make it because I find this stuff interesting. Basically just post how you got your "Internet" name.

ReDrUmHD has two parts to it.

ReDrUm was from the movie "The Shining". I used to love the movie, and watched it a lot with my grandmother, who, lived with me and was like a second mother to me. At first it was there simply because I liked the movie. Eventually I changed it to something else for a while, but after my grandmother passed away I changed it back and keep it like that sort of as a memorial. The alternating capitalization was because when I made my Steam account and name back in 2007 I was 11 and autistic.

The "HD" part at the end of my name was actually made up by ReconPWN. We both used to wear a trademark symbol at the end of our name but then he was like "It's time to change it". He found an alphabet in subscript, so we put "HD" in subscript at the end of our names. "RedRum" is apparently a very common name on the internet and every time I try to make an account on something it says the name is taken, so I always tag on the HD part.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Where Did You Get Your Name?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 11:45:25 PM »
My name actually doesn't come from Fallout 3. I didn't know about the character from it until I played it around seven months after I played Fallout 3 for the first time. I got this name from playing on a zombie survival server back in summer/fall of 2009. Around December of that year, people started calling me the "Lone Wanderer" of the server because I usually was fighting the zombies by myself, outside any cades, etc. I liked the name, and about two months later remembered it and made it my Steam name.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 01:42:42 AM »
My current one: "[M4er].Mark I was just thinking for a name

My last one: A cartoon. "Renegade Awsome"

My LAST ONE BEFORE THAT: A resturant, called Shogun express. And how in Feudal Japan, Master Shogun was  a lord general kind of thing.
"Master Shogun"

Udie370: Killed my friend 370 times in Halo.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 08:52:52 AM »
Simple really.

Psycho from Crysis and/or Crysis warhead

29388 being the zip code of the town I live in.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 09:00:51 AM »
The Doctor- Simply a generic rip from the BBC series Dr Who

Dallas- This is the name I've used since I started on steam all those years ago. I've never been to the city but I find the name memorable and rather iconic.

David 8- A short time where I had my name as David 8 as tribute to Michael Fassbender's role in one of my favorite movies of 2012 "Prometheus". I am very interested in androids and the concept that we could create robots that are just as human as us. 

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 09:23:47 AM »
 STALKER is a name that is generally used for the people who risked their lives cleaning up near the Tschernobyl reactor back in 1986. It is also used as a title for one of my most favourite roleplaying, action, first person shooter franchise S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The stalkers in-game are titled this because they went into the Zone of Alienation without permission and are "criminals."

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 10:04:04 AM »
Lewis - my birth certificate

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 11:51:49 AM »
turian councilor - mass effect and my constant "ah yes, reapers" references
moon - got hooked onto the soundtrack of the film moon
evilmaster09 - 11 8, diagnosed with autism, my first name really
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:47:11 PM by Turian Nigga ? Moon »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 01:09:16 PM »
Don't even ask me. Because i have no idea what i was thinking back when i changed to this name.

I believe it was some day on CSS, someone called me a crap head ingame, on some danish jailbreak server. Me and my friend was then speaking on skype at the time, and decided it would be funny to change my name to crap head. I then wanted it to look "pro", and then it was changed to Crap-Head.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 01:38:01 PM »
I was playing HL2RP some day when i thought to myself "i need a new name" and then i saw the word Apex and it sounded really awesome so i wikipedia'd the meaning of it and sticked with it. It dosnt have any relation with apex division besides me learning the word from there.

The other name i had (teh caek) was when i was playing a fuckton of portal.

Offline [M4er]. Sam

• Nigger The official.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »
My M4er tag comes from my old gaming comunity M4er.com

Sam my irl name, Simple huh.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »
Well my brother about 4-5 got HL2, and then Garrysmod, and made his name 'ThatDudeWithTheFace :D'

It was so very stupid, but he then made his name Tray when furry-ism was all the rage, because of some character "Tray the kangaroo."

He says that's not the reason but I totally know it is because he never closed his steam chats, and I, being a nosy asshole, always read through them before closing them.

And the Corporal (Cpl.) and 22nd tags are because I'm in the RnL group '22nd Airborne', and obviously, I am a Cpl.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 04:14:23 PM »
Master Shogun was  a lord general kind of thing.
"Master Shogun"

No such thing as Master Shogun. There was a title called Shogun however which were essentially rulers of Japan.

Abbott: Last name, came from KingAbbott which I used on Runescape and Warcraft 3 when I was a kid and changed to Abbott after.

LiamA657: Came from when a site gave me it as a nickname and used it as well as Abbott if that username is already taken.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
Cow because I like the name. I just thought of it all the sudden. Who doesn't want to be a cow that plays video games??
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 04:56:52 PM »
It's pretty simple, actually. I live on a lake and do a lot of wakeboarding, so that's where wakeboarder comes from. The CWB part a lot of people ask me about, and it's the brand of board I use and have always used.

I uses to be Shake N Bake(Few years ago when I played CS:S) because my favorite movie at the time was Talladega Nights.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal