Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Adelmo Sucre's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1216 times)

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Adelmo Sucre's Civil Authority Application
« on: May 05, 2012, 11:47:35 AM »
Adelmo Sucre's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: ReDrUm (Constantly changing with variations; however the base is always "ReDrUm".)

IC Character Name: Adelmo Sucre

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
     Adelmo Sucre wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority because he believes that the Universal Union is the only thing stopping the world from turning to hell. He grew up in the harsh environment of Panama, where he worked hard just to get by. He learned how to work hard when he was working at a coffee bean factory. He spent hours on end gathering, washing, and preparing coffee beans. Coffee being one of Panama's biggest exports at the time, there was always a lot of pressure to be flawless.

The work he did was long, hard, and exhausting. The pay was low, and he often came home with minor injuries from the old, rusty machinery that they used. However, Sucre didn't mind. He was grateful for what he had, and he was prepared to sacrifice everything he had for that job. Unfortunately for Sucre, not all of the workers felt the same as him. They felt as if they were underpaid, and mistreated. The workers of the factory eventually decided to go on a strike. They did no work at all for weeks straight, and the government wasn't happy about it. They began losing hundreds of thousands of dollars due to the lack of coffee exports. Eventually, they had enough.

One day, as the workers were protesting out front of the factory, the Panamanian military swooped in from the woods. Shouting. Screaming. Crying. Gunshots. The military began arresting all of the workers. Any who were non-compliant were shot immediately with no warning. Sucre, being one of the few workers who actually continued to work at the factory, ran outside to see what was happening. What he saw at first disgusted him, but as he watched, it slowly made him happy. He thought that these people who were ungrateful for what they were given, and deserved what they got. As Sucre watched the massacre, a member of the military spotted him. "Hey, you! On the ground! Now!" he shouted at Sucre.

"No, you don't understand-!" He tried to scream before being cut off.

"On the ground!" He roared back, raising his 9mm pistol to eye level, putting Sucre in his sights.

"But-" He was cut off by the sound of a gunshot. The man purposely missed Sucre; however, Sucre didn't know that. Out of instinct, Sucre began running into the wooded area surrounding the factory. He could hear the boots crunching on the leaves behind him. This is where he made the worst mistake possible. To this day, he still doesn't know what possessed him to do this, but he did. Sucre ran home, leading the military right to his wife and son. Sucre ran inside slammed the door shut; however, it only took the Panamanian military a second to break through. Sucre was tackled to the ground by a number of soldiers. As one took his gun out and pointed it at Sucre's head, he noticed Sucre's wife and child.

"Déjalo." That meant "Leave him" in Spanish. Without thinking about it, the soldier turned, raised his weapon, and fired two shots. One hitting Sucre's wife in the head, the other hitting his son in the chest. He turned to Sucre. "Piensa antes de actuar." Think before you act. Without another word, the military left his home, leaving Sucre to mourn his losses alone. Sucre heeded the soldiers words.

Sucre believes that if it wasn't for the Civil Disobedience of the Citizens of Panama, then his wife, and son would still be alive today. Adelmo Sucre wishes to prevent the same thing from happening again to another man. He believes that if he was a member of the CCA, that he would be able to help with the issue.

(Sorry, it's a bit lengthy.)

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Hardworking, loyal, respectful, dependable.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
     I'm expecting a whole new style of role playing. Being a citizen, you experience the oppressed side of Half Life 2 Role playing. I expect that being in the CCA will give me an idea on what it is like to actually have some authority, and show me the less oppressed side of role playing that HL2RP has to offer.

Another thing that intrigues me about being in the CCA is the new authority. I think that the acquirement of authority, but at the same time, lack of authority would be interesting for developing a character. Having an authority over the citizens of City45, yet being under the law of anyone who outranks you could create some fantastic role playing scenarios. Over all, I'm expecting to experience a new side of HL2RP, and just some good role playing in general.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
     Adelmo Sucre was born in Panama at a small house located out in the middle of the woods. Much of his life was spent secluded from the rest of society, only his parents to occupy him. Despite the seclusion, Sucre actually had a great childhood. He was raised in a loving family, got a good education, and had a lot of free time to do whatever he wanted to do. However, when Sucre reached his late teenage years, his mother and father both fell ill, and unfortunately passed away.

This heart crushing event created a new chapter in Sucre's life. After the death of his parents, he decided to move to a more populated area. He took what he had left, and began renting a small apartment in a small city 50 miles or so out from Panama City. Little did Sucre know, that city would lay in ruins in within the next ten years due to the Seven Hour War. While there, he found work at a major coffee bean factory a mile away from the city. It was hard work, but it paid for the apartment he lived in, and the food he ate. Sucre didn't exactly asked for much, he didn't need entertainment, and he didn't need luxuries. He just wanted to get by. He kept this attitude for a long time, but eventually, he met the love of his life while jogging around the city one day.

It was love and first sight, and the two naturally clicked. They dated for a while, but eventually wedded. They then had a beautiful baby son. Sucre had never been happier in his life. He had a job that paid well enough, and two people that he would do anything in the world for. Soon enough though, that all would change. One day, during a labor strike at the factory he worked at, the Panamanian Military arrived and chased Sucre back to his house. Ultimately, it led to the death of his wife and son. (I would go more into detail about this; however, I feel it would be redundant due to the fact that I just posted a wall of text about it in the first question.)

Sucre spiraled into a depression after this. He grew a hatred for anyone who went against the government. He believed that they knew exactly what was best for the government, and that people who act out against them only start trouble. Sucre sulked for a while on this. He turned into a robot for a while, waking up, walking to work, working, walking back, then going to sleep. Repeat.  Little did he know, his life, along with everyone else's life was about to change forever.

Sucre was assigned to City32 when the Combines first took over Earth. Sucre was uplifted by the event. He saw them as the perfect leaders for the world. They made sure that no one was harming other people directly, or indirectly. Their methods may have been unorthodox, but they worked, and they kept people in line. Sucre immediately did whatever he could in order to assist the combine. Sometimes it would be turning in people who were being uncivil, or eavesdropping on a conversation between a contraband dealer and his customer. He felt good, knowing that he was helping prevent people from suffering from his same fate.

Eventually, for a reason unknown to him, he was transferred to City45. He didn't notice much of a difference between the two cities. He made some friends in the new city, and continued his life as normal; turning in anyone he could in order to help the city. Now, Adelmo Sucre has decided that he wants to take the next step in protecting the citizens of the city.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
I started whenever I purchased Garry's Mod. I was actually a staff member on 3 servers, one of which was actually ranked the ninth best Garry's Mod server at the time.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
A long time, although I haven't kept track. I know that I played on the CG Outlands server for a while back in August of 2011.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I used to play on the Outlands server back in August of 2011, but there was a long gap between then and when I returned, which was about 2, almost 3 weeks ago.

4. What Time zone are you in?
EST

5. In what country do you live?
United States.

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable RP experience would have to be one time back on a DarkRP server. If you are familiar with WWII, you know that there were a number of war time conferences. This was exactly like those, except it included the leaders of all the gangs/"businesses" of the server. My character, Rokus Relici, whose life I continued on the CG HL2RP server, was the leader of one of the "businesses", RGPI. Now, it would be impossible to recreate the entire thing over text here, due to the fact that it was RPed out over a weeks time, but it ended in a treaty between the gangs of the server. The treaty included a declaration of war on the government; however, at the end of the meeting, the conference house was stormed by police, and the leaders of the gangs were incarcerated, resulting in many attempted jail breaks. Based on the fact that we got everyone on the server to correctly RP on DarkRP is pretty amazing, considering most people who play DarkRP can't roleplay for their lives.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Adelmo Sucre
CID: 91970
Height: 6 Feet 1 Inch.
Hair Colour Dark Brown.
Eye Colour: Green.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 157 pounds.
Mental Distinctions: Typically thinks before acting.
Mental Defects: Often judgmental about things.
Mental Advantages: Good at avoiding coercion.
Notable Qualities: Physically fit, very observational, and extreme loyalty to the UU.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Every single day that ration are given out, I eat them.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I always will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the Combine Civil Authority to prevent uncivil behavior. In my past, I myself have suffered from citizens who think that they are above the law, and can do whatever they wish. I actually lost two people who I cared about very much. I have dedicated my life to preventing that from happening to anyone else. I believe that being a member of the CCA will allow me to fulfill goal of keeping the peace for the innocent.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Adelmo Sucre hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

** Edited to fix a spelling mistake, and a typo.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:17:23 AM by Khubajsn »

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Adelmo Sucre's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 04:04:48 PM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: VICE
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Adelmo Sucre
Citizen Identification Number: 91970

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.VICE-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING]Adelmo Sucre's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 08:18:03 AM »
//I was accepted, I noticed nobody changed it, so I was just giving a heads up.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal