Author Topic: Josephine Woodland's Authorization Application  (Read 2327 times)

Josephine Woodland's Authorization Application
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:23:37 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: HBG | Durzo Blint |KS|
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): since October 2008 - around 4 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: SeriousRP started with me in 2010 - 2 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Applying for Authorisation of Reasonable medical Knowledge on my character Josephine Woodland
Applying for Medical Items (medkit, Bandages, ect.)

Name: Josephine Woodland
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
*assuming Third Person* Josephine grew up in a household in which her mother died when she was 6, This left her has the main carer for herself, her father, and her two siblings (her farther was terminally ill). Through this she slowly developed caring skills, and basic medical knowledge. At her old city she slowly became (as she grew Older) the main medical person, helping take care of the sick and wounded, This allowed her to further increase her knowledge of the healing arts. When Josephine was 28, She decided that she wanted to travel more and help those around her, in surrounding cities. Through this, she travelled to City45 and began living. Though she soon found out that the combine had a strict rule on the people of City45 and decided to only help those who needed help secretly. (reaching this point today) She helps people whom she finds injured or ill, taking them into her appartment and attempting to help them in any way possible.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
This Authorization will allow for the healing of others and earning respect amougnst the people of City45, This will allow for improved services and increased amount of people being helped through the roleplay. This will also allow other characters to stay alive for longer, meaning the RP of individual people will be improved.

Defects
Possible attention from the Rebellion, wanting her to work for them (she doesnt take sides), This line of work could also cause injury from operations of people who have violent tendencies. This line of work also opens Josephine to other people, through letting them into her home, This can lead to rape, robbery, or serious injury.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I hope to improve the way my character roleplays and make her more interactive with City45 as a whole. I hope to make her somewhat known throughout City45. This Authoriazation is also the stepping stone before my charachter eventually applies for the CWU as a Medic.
I hope for this Authorization to help my character develop her story, as part of her background sits on this line of story.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: Josephine Woodland's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 06:52:08 AM »
 Medical items can be acquired IC'ly such as Medical Kits and Vials if that's what your getting to. IC'ly content such as tweezers, scalpels, packets is what you need to get in a authorization application that I believe you are wanting to get at.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 07:09:26 AM »
Stalker, your right, I may have wanted to mention that - i was told by a friend that im not really meant to be acting as a person with medical knowledge without authorization, Thats why i was doing this post. Thankyou for the Heads up.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 11:08:05 AM »
Yeah, like Stalker said. You can rather get medical items ICly, or I believe you can donate for v flags, which allow you to get them (v flags give medical items, right?).

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »
This needs to be cleaned of punctuation and grammatical errors.

I feel that the backstory needs to explain what specific things your character knows in regards to medical treatment.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 07:38:04 AM »
Oz, I will do my best to clean it of Grammical errors, but im not sure I understand your statement about the backstory. Please elaborate on what I should do to improve it.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 07:52:57 AM »
 A backstory consists of how your character acquired these items in-game. For example, going through birth, childhood, adolescence and the Seven Hour War cycle.

Check other peoples authorization applications and review them slowly, then try and CREATE your own.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 05:08:47 PM »
Oz, I will do my best to clean it of Grammical errors, but im not sure I understand your statement about the backstory. Please elaborate on what I should do to improve it.

What he means is you completely disregared the incident of black mesa which caused the earth raging portal storms, the combine invasion and finally the most important part, how he actually obtained this knowledge. In the backstory you state nothing about how he learned how to perform medical tasks, having sick family members does not mean you can automatically begin to learn how to treat advanced wounds and injuries.

Applying for Medical Items (medkit, Bandages, ect.)

This request is going to be denied, as you cannot apply for v flags which grant you the ability to spawn medical items. However if you were to change that to basic medical gear (and explained how he got them and how he learned to use them) then i would be willing to accept something along those lines.

Offline SatN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 06:01:47 PM »
Remember to lock topics and transfer for them to the new 'Accepted or Denied' boards.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal