Author Topic: Missing textures on HL2RP City map all of a sudden?  (Read 2904 times)

Offline usedfloppydisk_

• View Profile
    • Awards
Missing textures on HL2RP City map all of a sudden?
« on: January 25, 2012, 07:29:35 PM »
Okay, i'm confused.. Just yesterday I logged on to the server like usual, but the wires and grass were pink and black?! This has never happened before on the map, I have been playing on this server for 1 month and the textures were perfect. And just to let you know I have
HL2EP:2 And CS:S, which are what most textures are from, also I did notice I get a GMOD error message when I log onto this server with the map, so that may be part of it. This is the only map I have noticed lately with missing textures, the map used to have NO missing textures 2 days ago.. So were some textures updated or something?
HL2RP Characters

Simmons Donavick
Activity: Helping reform the resistance organization "The Brotherhood".

Ryan Moehle
Activity: Awaiting his acceptance/denial for the CCA interview.

Lance Jimenez
Activity: Recovering from his injuries after being fired at by a Hunter-Chopper.

Offline Atrioc

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Missing textures on HL2RP City map all of a sudden?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:22:04 PM »
This usually happens when you tab into another screen. Just Alt Tab out of your game and back in, it will reset the graphics on screen.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Missing textures on HL2RP City map all of a sudden?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:22:43 AM »
Wires and grass are both EP2 if I'm not mistaken. Verify game cache files on both Gmod and EP2. Then in Gmod main menu go to extensions -> Game Content and make sure all available games are sellected. Restart Gmod to apply changes and hope for the best.

If this didn't work, try the following:
Go to C:/..../steamapps/<username>/half-life 2 episode two/ep2
Copy the folders Materials, Models and Sounds.
Browse to C:/...../steamapps/<username>/garrysmod/garrysmod
Paste the 3 maps in there.
(Say yes to copying files to existing map. Say no to replacing existing files.)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal