Author Topic: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Announcement  (Read 21891 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Orange Cosmos RP 2 Announcement
« on: April 02, 2013, 09:44:24 AM »

We're happy to announce that OCRP2 is right around the corner!
After plenty of setbacks, delays, and other miscellaneous problems the game mode is finally at a stage we consider complete.
The purpose of this thread is to give you a general idea of what to expect - the full change-log will come soon.

Reset
Around the beginning of the development of OCRP2, we decided that we would use a fresh database.
The economy, in the present time, is close to non-existent due to the exploits, insane rates of easy money making, and the fact that we're running on a database that hasn't been wiped in three years.
There are a few more reasons, but those listed are the main leads to the current, horrific economy. Regardless, too much has changed internally and porting over old information would be next to impossible.
We personally believe this will have a very positive impact on game play as well - because there's no fun if you have nothing to work for.

Donator Benefits
Benefits will remain the same - however, the numbers have been tweaked a bit. VIP will start with an extra $20,000, gold will get $40,000.
Paychecks have also been reduced quite a bit, not only for donators, but for normal players as well.

In-Game Money Donations
As much as we dislike it, in-game money donations are a large part of our revenue.
We want this to have as little impact on the economy as possible - so we'll be cutting the rates down drastically and it won't be possible to donate for money for the first 2 weeks of OCRP2.
This is being done to keep the sort of 'race' for the nicest or most cars, items, props, etc. that always happens when a new gamemode of this type is released.
Trust us when we say it'll be a lot more fun to earn your first car instead of just buying it right away on the release day.

New Forum Section
We'll be leaving our old OCRP1.5 board behind with the release of OCRP2. We've got a whole new board made, so it's not a wipe of the old boards.
Your posts in that section will remain, but players will no longer be able to see the boards.
The new board can be found here: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?board=311.0
Nearly every rule has been changed (they will change more before release) and there is already plenty of information posted.

Content
You can find everything you need in our Downloads section.
We are currently running RP_EvoCity_V33X, so be sure to download this version if EvoCity if you don’t already have it.
In case you have already downloaded our SVN content pack, all you will have to do is update it. If there are any issues with updating it, please remove it and try to re-download it.
You are able to find help on how to install using SVN at the SVN Guide.
You will always be able to download the content by just joining the server. Everything is on FastDL, so you should get through it pretty fast.
External mirrors will also be available through the Downloads section.
I would, however, suggest that you use the SVN. The traffic on the server is going to be pretty heavy on release, so you will get through faster if you don't have to download everything.

Fast download is currently broken and is quite important for launch; therefore we do not have an exact release date yet.
Garry's Mod update #160 is supposed to fix this issue, so when that comes, you can count on OCRP2 coming as soon as possible.
Feel free to use this thread to ask any questions about whatever you would like to know.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Announcement
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 09:49:03 AM »
Meh.

I can't wait! Come on update 160, come out!

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 09:52:33 AM »
Finally :D

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »
Hurray, the announcement everyone has been waiting for. ^^
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Batman

• Ginger
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 10:21:19 AM »
Is it going to be Serious RP?!?!

Offline GrannyLad

• This Is Fucking
    Awesome
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 10:35:47 AM »
Finally, I can't wait  ;D

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 11:47:30 AM »
Hurrah hurrah, ocrp2 is finally comming.

If roflwaffle resets the box again and everything is lost once again ima kill someone. I miss being a cop in mayor hostage situations :( they were so much fun.

Anywho, thanks craphead, can't wait. :-*
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 12:10:14 PM »
This is as almost as exciting as if Half Life 3 were being announced.

Glad to finally get some news. I will definitely keep an eye out for the release.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »
But it was already announced before :| This isn't really an announcement as opposed to an update on the progress, but whatever. Glad to see people are happy, Crap-Head has been working forever on this and I'm hoping everyone gets what they expected. Gj Crap  :) I know you spent a crazy amount of your own time on this, so you must also be excited as shit to know that it's just around the corner.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 12:15:59 PM »
He had to put up with me every day asking for something new or asking to change something or going off topic while he was doing something. That is even more of a commendment :D

but yeah as kronic said this is just a sort of update, i'm sure a detailed page on features and other stuff will be put out closer to release but nether the less, we are close!

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 12:37:07 PM »
Is it going to be Serious RP?!?!

I do not think so, it'll be Lite-RP or Semi-RP.

I was expecting OCRP 2 for a long time now, OCRP was my first gamemode in CG. I'll miss my Lotus :(

P.S. The board link is either missing or for VIP+, I can't access it.
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 12:40:57 PM »
craphead is yet to unlock it from the OCRP2 alpha team of annoying people

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 12:41:22 PM »

P.S. The board link is either missing or for VIP+, I can't access it.

I'm not sure if Crap-Head wanted that visible to users that aren't dev or owner now, or if he just included the link to find it for when the game mode is actually released. I'm not gonna bother changing it, but I'm sure he'll notice and explain that he's going to wait or that he just forgot to change it here.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »
But it was already announced before :| This isn't really an announcement as opposed to an update on the progress, but whatever. Glad to see people are happy, Crap-Head has been working forever on this and I'm hoping everyone gets what they expected. Gj Crap  :) I know you spent a crazy amount of your own time on this, so you must also be excited as shit to know that it's just around the corner.
Yeah, that's a better term for what I meant.

Guess I've just been in the dark too long.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 02:30:48 PM »
Right, sorry. I was in a hurry and i didn't get to unlock the board.

I've opened the board, and you can find it here: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?board=311.0
Please keep all questions in THIS thread, and don't make useless posts in that new section.

You can still find all of your old stuff here, http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?board=303.0, but this board is going to be hidden when OCRP2 is released.

And no, you won't loose the posts, it will just be hidden for non-developers.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal