Author Topic: 'Flower's Authorization Application  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
'Flower's Authorization Application
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:04:35 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Lone Wanderer
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Awhile. Don’t know an exact number.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Over two years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
*4 inch combat knife.

Name: McKayla ‘Flower’ Withers
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Spoiler for Backstory:
“Flower? Flower?! Are you down there?!” The voice echoed through the gorge. It was a cold winter’s evening in at a small ridge outside City 45. A darkened figure stood in the midst of falling snow, shouting to the darkness before him. “Flower! Come on out now! It’s alright, really!” he shouted once more. Again, there was no response. With a sad sigh, he turned around, departing into the cover of the trees.

As soon as the man was engulfed by darkness, a small head peaked over a small rock around 25 feet away from his original position overlooking the small gorge. After a few silent moments, the head grew into a full figure as a small, young woman slowly withdrew from the rocks. She looked around, shivering in the cold weather. Soon, she began to stray away from the direction the man departed to, only for something to latch onto her arm.

“Gotcha!” a different, deeper voice shouted as he jumped from the brush, latching onto the woman’s right arm. She screamed, attempting to jerk her arm away from the man as she smacked and kicked his large, muscular feature. After a few moments of thrashing about, the man lunged his fist over the woman’s head.
Darkness.

After Flower’s departure from City45 into the Outlands, she quickly became lost in the harsh wilderness. After wandering for a few days aimlessly, she managed to stumble into a small pack of antlions. If not for a brave yet small party of three, she surely would have been eaten. The group consisted of two men and one woman. The first man and the woman were about equal in size, and seemed generally average at first glance. The pair were husband and wife, and went by the names ‘Dog’ and ‘Cat’. The other male was a large, muscular man in his late forties. He wore biker’s attire, and was simply called ‘Johnny’. With nowhere to go and no one to stick with, she instinctively joined the group for protection and companionship.

As the months passed, however, she realized how big of a mistake it was. Cat and Dog were arguably insane, and druggies as well. While they were off wondering where to get their next hit, Flower was stuck with Johnny, who used her for his own enjoyment. If she refused, she was beaten. If she tried to run, Johnny made sure she paid for her mistake. One event, however, set her off and changed the course of events.

The group was staying the night in a cave, one that Johnny had been looking for, apparently for a good while too. Nobody questioned the stay, but when they found a stash of assorted narcotics, problems arose. Dog and Cat wanted to use it, while Johnny wanted to sell it. After a heated debate, Johnny had enough. In a swift movement, he withdrew a four inch combat knife, driving it into Dog’s throat. Cat immediately began to claw at Johnny with her long nails, but merely met a similar fate as her husband.

Johnny chuckled, dropping the knife next to the two bodies in order to rummage through his plunder. Flower could only stare at the bodies in horror and silence. “Hey, girlie, get yer’ ass over here and help me with the stuff!” he commanded, still looking through the loot with glee. Flower reached for the knife, slowly moving towards Johnny.

“God dammit girlie, how many times do I need ta-“

Johnny screamed as the knife entered his shoulder. Flower began to scream out in rage, yanking the knife from his body. She continued to thrust the blade forward, this time connecting with Johnny’s center torso. Johnny shouted in pain, clutching his chest.

“W-What are you doing?!” he yelled.

Flower drove the knife towards Johnny once again, an expression of complete rage upon her face as she ripped apart his body with the blade. She repeatedly stabbed his body over and over again, continuing long after the screaming stopped. Finally, with blood coating her t-shirt and body, she stepped back, breathing heavily. She wiped a single tear from her eye, wandering out of the cave into the snow, searching for a new home…

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
*The knife could be used for a few different things. It could obviously be used as a weapon against potential threats.
*The knife can be used a basic survival tool, IE: cooking, adjusting clothing, performing medical aid, etc.

Defects
*The knife isn’t /too/ long, making it pretty much useless unless she’s very close. It’s also completely ineffective against heavy targets like Overwatch, and useless against ranged targets.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
*I plan to use the knife, well, as a knife really. I’m still working on developing this character a bit, but this knife is a crucial part of her backstory that you’ve seen so far. I’ll hopefully be going more into depth along the background, describing the importance of the knife after and before the fact. Also, she's kinda crazy if you couldn't tell from the story, and crazy people love knives right? RIGHT?!?!

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nope, no one else.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands.

Extra Notes (optional):
Could I also get my name changed to just 'Flower' ingame? That'd be awesome  ;D

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 'Flower's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:37:23 AM »
Really interesting background you've got here.
Caught my attention and this is something 'slightly' new compared to the other application backgrounds. (At least for what I've seen.)
I see no reasons to, why I shouldn't accept this on the spot, so I will. :)

See you application as: Accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal