Author Topic: Johnathan Garrison and Rika Tokaji's Authorization Application  (Read 4823 times)

STALKER

Player Section

Steam Name: The Flying Chicken and ?? the Red Spy
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 to 4 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 3 to 4 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Johnathan Garrison
-A blue, expensive suit with a black collar. Note that the suit is abit weathered and has "slice" tears in it.
-The ability to handle more damage than the average human being. Not much though.
-Middle name now becomes "Ranger" which is depicted to his travelling and scavenging.
-Advanced hand-to-hand combat.
-Regular engineering

Rika Tokaji
-A facemask that covers the lower portion of the face
-A gasmask + A satchel with six filters
-Advanced hand-to-hand combat.
-Advanced parkour
-A black suit with abit of red and surrounding armor of the body
-Black boots
-A knife

Name: Johnathan Garrison and Rika Tokaji
Affiliation: Refugee (JG) and Rebellion (RT)

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
 Johnathan Garrison - Regular engineering, advanced hand-to-hand combat.

Aiming down the scope before firing off a hurling round into the evading kangaroo, it successfully penetrated into his chest before escaping from his back. Half ceased, John dropped his rifle before running down the hill but all of a sudden. A aircraft with glowing blue hovered over him before taking a drift in mid-air, following down the road until colliding into a lightstand before recovering. A sign of something? Yes, it was the Seven Hour War taking place in the populated areas such as cities, towns and villages. He knew something was wrong and he had to phone his friend about it...

Just before that happened, he was a young Australian at the age of 22. He was just accepted into the Engineering field to do work on military vehicles while on duty but nothing really interesting. Yet he was intelligent, his father now celebrating his 76th birthday, he teached him for about 5 years on everything and told him about the experiences of the horrid and dangerous war. John wanted to follow into his footsteps but that didn't seem right... but what if he was to not kill any of his human beings AND assist the military? That's where engineering took place. Unfortunately, his father died of a chronic heart attack due to old age while dying in the hospital, his funeral was planned the next day and his child didn't bother to go there. John searched through his belongings and found exciting information on the military including diaries of his experience, photographs of vehicles, weaponry with words explaining the problems that can happen with them and so forth, even some information that his father didn't talk to him about. "A very intelligent man," his mother said before continuing to clean the dishes, looking out the window to see the man Johnathan and his German Shepherd walk down the barren wastelands. John had to make money so he can give it to his family and ofcourse, for himself due to the poverty he was in.

He wasn't that kind of battle engineer but he had to stay at the base to work on the aircraft and ground vehicles before the higher-ranked portion of the base area had to throw them into the middle of desert for some testing. "Ah, what a beaut she is," he nodded before slamming another bolt into the opening of the tank. Done working with the engine, it was night time and that was all he had to do. He went off duty for the night and walked all the way home through the desert with his fellow German Shepherd.

Johnathan was accepted into the military for primitive working on vehicles and structures including maintenance for the base in the middle of the barren wastelands. He wasn't a battlefield engineer though but just a regular engineer for checkups on vehicles before they went off to the test and onto the battlefields of another part of the Earth itself. Aerial Personal Carriers, M1A1 Abrams, Chinook, Black Hawks, Tigers, and so forth. His fellow engineers also helped him with assistance on the vehicles too. Sometimes complications interrupted his work. Some of the older engineers explained to him when they were half-awake at night in the barracks. "I don't think I am old enough for such haste to work on engineering, especially in the military." "Aye', my brother signed up at the age of 21 for engineering, what makes you think that?" "Well, I am only a young bloke and I think that workin' on vehicles takes hard time. I had very good grades and I am intelligent too but I don't speak it out if you get what I mean." "Ah yes..."

After the Seven Hour War hit, Johnathan Garrison hid from the Combine attacks by staying in the middle of the desert and trying to find a escape route from the continent Australia. He had escaped by going into a jet that was filled with passengers and was sent to the Romania mountains where most of the passengers died but some lived including the lucky Johnathan who was suffering from anxiety, adrenaline, memories of the war and so forth. He had head trauma and most of the military experiences were gone since he drank that Dr. Breens Water he accidently mistakened for pure water since he was dehydrated on the coast. Unfortunately, almost all of his military experience was now removed from his mind due to being brainwashed, although he remembered some things too. Going back and forth to the coast to Ineu Pass once wasn't so bad.

His friends teached him in Hand-to-Hand combat and he even encountered a Australian that came from Australia too. Each day, Johnathan would fight this guy through hand-to-hand combat and tricks on what you could do. It was easy but also frustrating in tight scenarios when Johnathan would come out of the doorway with a bruised face but he forgave his trainer for what he did that day. It was atleast giving him training. For about six months, they did this until the death of the Australian who had been shot in the chest by a hail of black matter.

EDIT: The sun arised from the horizon and Johnathan was already awake, looking out the back of the truck. Only knowing that they were heading straight for a abandoned town that he wanted to a drop off at. It took a few hours before their arrival to the abandoned town. "Thanks!" Johnathan said before jumping out of the truck, walking down the dirt path that led towards the town itself. The environment surrounding him was quite... eerily. It felt like he was being watched from both sides of the forest that surrounded the dirt path until he reached the town. A town filled with zombified humans, corpses. pre-military vehicles that were either not working or destroyed, blocked off areas for maintenance or survelliance, nearby stores and so forth.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Hastely saying before opening the door, noticing the bells above him ring about like every store does. Searching around the darkened area, clothes were piled everywhere. Scavenging through each pile of clothing like a neutral vulture, he found a suit. A black suit with a blue collar, abit of sliced open areas around it but it was quite the piece. He shoved it inside his backpack, then looked around once more, trying to find anything valuable. Out of nowhere before reacting, a zombie lunged ontop of him. Frightened to death, he pressed his hands around his forearm before noticing the claws stretch out towards him. His face was close to John's, smelling rotten like a rotted corpse. "Eugh! Shit!" He yelled before kicking him off using his boot. "Yaaaaaaba!" Thus the zombie thrusted foward on his arms, reaching for John who was temporarily down.

John reached for his Spas-12 which was near him. Slowly raising it towards the zombie, he shot off a round which penetrated the headcrab attached to his head, flinging it away like a slingshot. Although, the zombie was stunned and he was still ceased to move. Pressing down on the trigger, a slight click emitted from the body of the Spas-12. "Oh shit..." He whispered before throwing the Spas-12 away, getting up onto his feet. "Yaaaaba!" It screamed once more before returning it's target upon John who was apparently running for the broken baseball bat nearby. Gripping ahold of it before swinging it across the head of the zombie, the hung skin hanging from it's head ripped, flinging away the zombie's head like a baseball.

Dropping the baseball bat, he didn't care about any weapon. He had to run. The zombies were already toppling ontop of the door like a pack of dogs trying to eat one can of dog food. He was the dog food just so you know. Their sharp piercing claws reached towards him while they moaned, trying to go through the door. Going to the back, he opened the door and slowly pushed himself through a broken-downed barricade infront of him before sprinting down the trail. It was there then that he was picked up by Resistance moved back to Ineu Pass.

EDIT 2: Arriving to a warehouse in the middle of nowhere, he pushed up the garage door and let himself in. Inside the warehouse was a stack of boxes and a whole mess on the floor which indicated a sign of scavengers being here. The bright flashlight revealed a pathway through the darkness. Pressing his hand on each box, he pulled them down and looked at the remaining items fall onto the ground. Sometimes he searched through each box and discovered useless items that were no value to him nor his survival rate. Keeping on strolling through the corridor, he went into a office. "Eugh, fuck..." A corpse remained on the chair with a bullet in their head. Although, he kept on searching.

Something caught the corner of his eye. It was a large crate sitting in the corner of the room, half way open though. Opening it up, he noticed a suit inside. He wandered who would leave a perfectly good suit in the middle of no where? A note was also left inside. It read something about a Suit 3 with protection, military project, date, timeline, sent to and so forth. He threw it away and grabbed ahold of it, pulling it out of the crate itself. The suit was extraordinary. It wasn't his size though but that of a females kind. He thought that discovering more items will result in being overcumbered so he went out of the warehouse with the suit in his backpack.

Coming back to Ineu Pass a few days later with the help of being picked up and dropped off, he slowly went in Rika's apartment and put it onto the floor infront of the doorway. He left the day afterwards, leaving a note behind which read:

Here's a suit I found on the way with scavenging that abandoned town earlier. I don't know what kind of suit it is but it doesn't fit me so I thought I should give it to you. Just hope it fits. Also, it's heavy as fuck but you will get used to it.

Johnathan Garrison.

Rika Tokaji - Advanced parkour, advanced hand-to-hand combat. (Note that I haven't received much information regarding her backstory so please, cut her some slack eh?)

Rika Tokaji is a young asian female at the age of 20. She was born in the capital of Massachusetts in the city of Boston, one of the oldest cities in the United States of America to date. As a teenager when she was alone most of the time inside the urban buildings at night or behind a house, she would often train herself with parkour. Often doing this through years of training with bruises and cuts that strained her surrounding body. This technique would come in handy through the days to come.

Anyways, back to what we were talking about, we left off at Boston, alright, here we go; Rika lived there for the rest of her life until the attack of the Combine Invasion which killed most of the population of the Earth and lost most of the Earths resources which will be remembered in centuries to come. After being one of the lucky ones to be captured and fitted into the citizen suits of City 18, she was then living there for a short time until her escape from such a guarded city. Setting out into the canals which was devastated by zombified humans, hostile and friendly human beings, Universal Union authorized members, Resistance and so forth.

It was until she was left alone with a weapon and a vehicle she had found on the coast of a sought abandoned town, she set on out to where she would arrive at the Romania mountains. Often fighting through hostile opponents, gasing up the vehicle, borrowing resources from Resistance bases or atleast robbing at night, surviving day-to-day life with days to come, it was then she arrived there through the harsh environment inhabitated by dangerous opponents and also friendly people too. She took a long sigh before heading down the pathway to the Ineu Pass where she remained to live in.

EDIT 2:Offered a suit which Johnathan Garrison gave her, it fitted her body perfectly. She read the note and nodded before pressing her hand upon her upper arm, noticing the armour that protected her upperarm. It was quite the piece and was vintage itself. It was heavy which slowed her movement abit by running but she was about to get used to it; hence the note that Johnathan gave her. Pressing her fingers around the grip of the knife attached to the holster around her leg, she slowly took it out to reveal a sharp blade in good condition. Atleast it wasn't broken but it would make a great killing weapon.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
 Johnathan Garrison
 +Can take much more brutal blows to the body before falling unconsious unlike the average refugee. Something like a bouncer to say atleast.
 +Hidden identity gives him a better advantage at hiding; "The Australian" other than his regular name.
 +Advanced hand-to-hand combat for better defensive when attacked by his opponents.
 +Good looking suit which doesn't bring good style but a more fearsome look in fights. Well, abit.
 +Good at engineering skills.

Rika Tokaji
 +More bullets to the body are absorbed by the plates of kevlar added to the body.
 +Gasmask reduces the amount of harmful, hazardous gases breathed into the lungs by 100 percent.
 +Facemask and gasmask hides her identity from those who confront her.
 +Advanced parkour for easily evading her opponents.
 +Advanced hand-to-hand combat for better defensive when attacked by her opponents.

Defects
 Johnathan Garrison
 -Is a better target for becoming robbed by those who wish to steal a expensive suit.
 -Suffers from military memories when he was a engineer but not a lot.
 -Is brainwashed abit, therefore not knowing most of his past experience.

Rika Tokaji
 -When the suit is on, her parkouring is either slowed down or that she cannot do it.
 -Will have to repair the suit.
 -Will have to repair the gasmask.
 -Will have to search for filters for her gasmask.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
 Useful for action roleplay but also passive roleplay too.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
 Rika Tokaji with the said authorizations in her character section.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
 // Note that he doesn't know VERY much (only 10 percent) of the military but he knows (only most) of the engineering experience he had due to the brainwashing chemicals in the water and minor head trauma. Not much for the background of Rika though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:36:30 PM by STALKER »

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Johnathan Garrison and Rika Tokaji's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 07:59:09 AM »
we dont fucking hunt kangaroos irl

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »

Uh, we do actually but it is against the law to do it. Did you do some research before constantly bitching at me?

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:02:31 PM »
Doesn't the backstory break the no interaction between your own characters rule?

I mean it'll be brought up every time you talk about the backstory.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 04:24:25 PM »
Doesn't the backstory break the no interaction between your own characters rule?

I mean it'll be brought up every time you talk about the backstory.

Probably, probably not. I can change it abit if you wish.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 10:55:52 PM »
Well, there is a rule about players.
Their characters is not allowed to interact with each others / they are not allowed to know each others.
As you've stated, the items you are requesting an authorization for is slightly overpowered.
Yet, I do know you and I know your roleplaying skills, which is more than the moderate rp'er.
Actually, the only thing I want to see gone is the facemask. I find the gasmask fine enough, if it's like covering the lower part (Mouth - Nose.) of the face.

For now, I've got neutral support on this application.
I'll let a SA decide, whether or not what happens.

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: Johnathan Garrison and Rika Tokaji\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 11:49:56 PM »
Well, there is a rule about players.
Their characters is not allowed to interact with each others / they are not allowed to know each others.
As you've stated, the items you are requesting an authorization for is slightly overpowered.
Yet, I do know you and I know your roleplaying skills, which is more than the moderate rp'er.
Actually, the only thing I want to see gone is the facemask. I find the gasmask fine enough, if it's like covering the lower part (Mouth - Nose.) of the face.

For now, I've got neutral support on this application.
I'll let a SA decide, whether or not what happens.

Going to change the story abit. Removing the military thing and replacing it with a somewhat gas station kind. Adding more perks and defects. I'll modify it tommorow.

EDIT 1: I'll keep the military thing with the application since removing it will take away a lot of my work I put into it. Doing a modification with the story now.

Post Auto-Merged: September 01, 2012, 07:34:34 PM
I'll do Rika Tokaji's authorization tommorow or in a few more hours.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:34:34 PM by STALKER »

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 05:23:47 PM »
Two of your own characters can't interact no, most of the app looks fine and you'll be able to handle these authorizations, but as you're rewriting stuff I'll just post to say that I'd be interested in reading the edited version, so, yeah.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 08:18:47 PM »
Two of your own characters can't interact no, most of the app looks fine and you'll be able to handle these authorizations, but as you're rewriting stuff I'll just post to say that I'd be interested in reading the edited version, so, yeah.

Actually, Rika is one of my friends who suggested me to write it for her and myself for the authorizations so here it is.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 02:14:39 AM »

Actually, Rika is one of my friends who suggested me to write it for her and myself for the authorizations so here it is.

As far as I see, you haven't posted a steam name, name or profile link of who Rika's apparently original owner is.
I would advise you to do this, instead of just saying its another players character.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 03:13:01 AM »

Uh, we do actually but it is against the law to do it. Did you do some research before constantly bitching at me?

i'm sorry when did you go from being a canadian to an australian, i'm fully aware of the legality of hunting animals in my own country bro

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: Johnathan Garrison and Rika Tokaji\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 04:37:09 AM »

i'm sorry when did you go from being a canadian to an australian, i'm fully aware of the legality of hunting animals in my own country bro

You do know that I have each character with a different country. Take Reaver for a quick example, he chooses characters with different countries. Plus, this would've been legal at the time due to the Seven Hour War starting. So, yeah.

Post Auto-Merged: September 03, 2012, 11:41:41 PM
I did some arrangements with the authorization application. EDIT 2 is in both the characters background story. Johnathan Garrison isn't exactly 100 percent Australian so that's why I changed the name of the nickname (hence the word "Ranger.") This might not be the last update if the admins want a change in the authorization application.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:41:41 PM by STALKER »

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 01:53:29 AM »
I never specified once that I was talking about the Seven Hour War making it 'legal' to hunt kangaroos, you claimed that 'we do' hunt kangaroos when you don't even live in Australia. Stop making up shit.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 06:20:49 AM »
I never specified once that I was talking about the Seven Hour War making it 'legal' to hunt kangaroos, you claimed that 'we do' hunt kangaroos when you don't even live in Australia. Stop making up shit.

You expect me to jump onto a plane and travel all the way to Australia? Don't be a douchebag. This is a non-real story with a non-existant character. You don't need to scope out all the little mistakes and start constantly bitching over them to the author (whose me) to fix them up. I don't have all the information but as far as I know that you can hunt a specific kind of kangaroo if you are a hunter in Australia.

I'm Canadian. Can I go and kill some caribou? Yes, I can go kill one right now but if the government doesn't allow it due to a low population of caribou which allows them to be endangered, then no I can't. This happened once over here. I ain't Australian; hence what I know is that you can hunt a specific kind of kangaroo that is popular.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:26:09 AM by STALKER »

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 05:24:59 PM »
then don't assume things mr butthurt and pretend you're australian and you know everything

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal