Author Topic: Joseph Reynolds' Authorization Application  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Nomad

• View Profile
    • Awards
Joseph Reynolds' Authorization Application
« on: August 26, 2012, 11:48:01 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Nomad
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 4 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A bloodied, trench knife.

Name: Joseph Reynolds
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
     Joey and Layoto were simple folk that made their way through life by selling low caliber contraband. As they were enjoying their meal, a strange knock on the door was coherent, his voice muffled but it was clear he was infuriated. His heart was racing, the mere thought of what just happened could baffle any simple minded man, like Joey and his friend Layoto. The man stood in the doorway, he was about six foot five. He held a dirty pipe in his right hand, blood dripping from his hand as the darkness concealed his face in the poorly lit room.

"Open the fucking door, right now, Joey!" the statement rung out in his ears like an echo. He sat there, a wooden spoon in hand and as the man came closer, a list of scenarios flew into Joey's head at that moment, and he knew he had to think fast. He stood up and threw the spoon across the room, hitting the man in the doorway across the face. He gave a brief chuckle before bringing down the metal pipe down onto his head, incapacitating him. Layoto suffered the same fate and the next day they found themselves in their apartment.

They were lone men, looking to find a way in the hellhole they call the world. The two made a bargain to share profits with a man by the name of "Mark" he was bold enough to travel into the Out-lands to retrieve these supplies, but not once had they ventured there themselves. They decided they needed to prioritize protection, in terms of a small, agile weapon that could be easily concealed and didn't have as much hassle as a pipe or an axe. They asked Mark about getting to the out-lands, they discovered about a passage through the sewers, they chose to traverse outside of the City in search of supplies and something to use for protection. The sewers went on for an hour or so until they saw a light, coming from the end of the tunnel, it was sunlight, Joey was never happier to see it like this and the area filled with grass and forests brought a warm feeling to his heart. The only thing that made their so called 'adventure' worse was the lack of water, at least clean water. The only thing that worried him more was the screeching howls that reminded him of nails scratching against a chalkboard, the thought remained in his head for quite some time. Joey hadn't the slightest clue on how they would survive the night, but as the sun was setting the howls became more prominent and more frequent. They sought out a hope, something that could save their lives... and there it was. A small house in the distance with a piss poor lantern hanging outside the doorway.

The windows were already barricaded, but they barricaded the door just to be safe. Mark had already told Joey and Layoto about desperate people seeking supplies that are considered anti-citizens in the nearby City which made food and water less frequent than rations. He told them that these kind of people would steal, murder, anything they could do to survive. The howls were the most disturbing things throughout their journey in the out-lands, the two had a lack of sleep from the terror. The next morning they heard gunfire, although it was distant it still troubled them. They searched for a span of two and a half days, but they became tired, hungry and dehydrated. It was late afternoon, one moment Layoto was behind Joey, the next minute, he's gone. Everything stacked upon each other, hunger, deprived of water, and now he was paranoid as hell.

Joey was on his own, the darkness, he noticed a tunnel in the distance, it was covered in garbage, he spent hours searching through the pile of garbage until something at the corner of his eye revealed a glimmer. He immediately turned towards the general direction and started digging until he found a small, trench knife labeled 'US 1921' it was clearly a replica but it was covered in dried blood. He slipped his fingers into the brass knuckle handle gripping the knife and examining it. As he was examining it, he heard footsteps creep up from behind him. It was Layoto, his jumpsuit was torn up and had wounds scattered around his body. The two decided it was time to return to the city, they were no match for the dangers that lurked in the out-lands but from that day, they would have at the very least, some protection. The drop of water entered his mouth, exhaling deeply, the journey was not like what he expected, among the countless issues they encountered, whether it be fear, dehydration or hunger... It taught them a valuable lesson, to never come unprepared. And so they chose not to return to the out-lands ever again.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Protection
Cutting items that need cutting.

Defects
Managing the blade is required to keep it stable and effective
Needs to be hidden from prying eyes.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I can use the knife to cut open boxes, cut bandages, various things that would require the use of a knife and I mostly plan to use the knife for protection.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:37:30 PM by Genam »
dimidium facti qui coepit habet

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Joseph Reynolds' Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:37:13 PM »
I've seen Nomad's rp here and there.
I find him qualified to handle such an OOC weapon as a knife.
The background is interesting in itself (since I'm WW2 addicted<3) and I find it rather detailed and it describes how he got the item.
In my opinion, this application should be accepted, but I'll leave that to a SA.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Joseph Reynolds' Authorization Application
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 07:18:05 PM »
The application covers your motivations for wanting this authorisation and I can't fault anything in there.

Consider this accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal