Author Topic: 'Beef''s Authorization Application  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
'Beef''s Authorization Application
« on: June 19, 2012, 03:52:29 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Pfc.Egf_Adam [22nd AB f] [TA1P]
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Around 2 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: More than a year.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
- An attachable/detachable homemade silencer for Matther 'Shadow' Mcdermit.

Name: 'Beef'
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
One morning, Beef woke up to a radio message from Beans “Beef, I need you to make Matther a silencer for his MP7.” Beef headed to the inn where he got some tools including a screwdriver and some sandpaper. Luckily his buddy Needles gave him a metal cylinder, around the same as his. It seemed like it would be big enough but he was also given 2 others if it didn’t which there's always a chance he will need spares..

He sat down at the basement of the inn where he could use the workbench to get started on the cylinder’s innards. He took a screw driver and made groove like marks on the inside of the cylinder, but not so deep for an hour or being careful as to not make mistakes. He then made sure that other end of the cylinder that the barrel would not screw in deeply to the larger part of the cylinder, this way; the enclosed gas behind the bullet would expand and reduce the sound.  Sadly, this reduced velocity and made the gun heavier aswell, but it seemed worth it. He checked both sides of the cylinder to look for cracks or dents. There was one dent, so he took the second cylinder that did not have any dents and began the process again.

After 2-3 hours, Beef then began to make the same groove like markings onto the MP7’s barrel that way the silencer was detachable and attachable. When he was finished making the grooves he used some sand paper to smoothen the rough edges of the grooves. He twisted the cylinder onto the MP7’s barrel and it seemed to fit tightly. The silencer had to be, and was bigger than the MP7’s barrel or else it would not make a difference in sound which at this quality, wasn't all that much.

He made quick checks to see if it fit, which it did.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Matther's MP7 will have reduced sound but not extrenly and only if the silencer is attached.

-Due to the silencer the muzzle flash will also be reduced.

- The silencer is detachable and attachable.

Defects
- Not as mobile with the weapon when the silencer is attached.

- It is harder to conceal the weapon with the silencer attached as it add length to the weapon

- With the silencer attached the weapon is heavier.

- Due to the silencer not being properly made it doesn't silence the gun as well as it should.

- it takes a bit of time to properly remove the silencer.

- Bullet velocity is reduced when the silencer is attached.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to give Matther 'Shadow' Mcdermit a modified weapon that will add to weapon/gunfight rp and hopefully in the future to improve the modifications.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Yes, (IC) Matther 'Shadow' Mcdermit.
       (OOC)[FOOD] Waffle the Waffu

Which server does this apply for?
Both

Extra Notes (optional):
This silencer is only for Matther's weapon and cannot be put on others unless they have the correct grooves. This silencer is for Matther not for me as I have one.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:06:33 PM by Pfc. eGF_Adam [22nd AB] [TA1P] »
"If horses could draw, they would draw their gods like horses." - Xenophanes

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 'Beef''s Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:50:15 PM »
Edited; minor error fixes

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 06:09:08 PM »
You forgot an L in the last part of my OOC name but it's okay xD
Also, I can support beef's auth on the roleplaying it out, ICly part.
Matther 'Shadow' McDermit
Outlands, Alive; helping refugees and giving out supplies.

Walton Pier
Publicly shot and killed after being forced to jump off the Nexus from having too much contrabands

Matt Pir
City 45, Alive; protesting the Combine.

Megan Jills
City 45, Alive; grows tired of Combine rule

Walker Moep
City 45, Loyalist; Helping the UU clean

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »
More minor gramatical error fixes

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »
Application is really to small. Not much effort has been put in it, and the fact that you are trying to auth a self-made silencer will almost never work.

- It is handmade, which makes it hardly work at all.
- Chances are big that something goes wrong.
- Does your character even have the proper skills authed to create this?

I'm not playing on Outlands, hence I don't know anything about it, but where would you even get these tools from?

By the looks of how the application currently is, I don't think it will be accepted. I'll wait for more opinions from other HL2RP SAs and give you a chance to edit it as well.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 05:37:05 PM »
The tools are around, Beans and Beef have authorizations for such skills, and we realize that chances are big that this would fail.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 07:57:54 PM »
Application is really to small. Not much effort has been put in it, and the fact that you are trying to auth a self-made silencer will almost never work.

- It is handmade, which makes it hardly work at all.
- Chances are big that something goes wrong.
- Does your character even have the proper skills authed to create this?

I'm not playing on Outlands, hence I don't know anything about it, but where would you even get these tools from?

By the looks of how the application currently is, I don't think it will be accepted. I'll wait for more opinions from other HL2RP SAs and give you a chance to edit it as well.

The tools are in the inn's basement ICly. I have the auths from a previous app to make weapon modifications. I have also made a silencer for myself before and the app was accepted. Could you please specify what requires improvment?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »
How would it hardly work? All a silencer is made of is a meta tube with 'buffering fins' which are basically metal shields bent inward to absorb the energy and it fits over the end of a gun. It would work fine as long as he has the diameter right.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:08:48 PM by Statua »

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
Even more fixes and lengthening to make sure it is to the auth's requirements

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 08:55:06 PM »
How would it hardly work? All a silencer is made of is a meta tube with 'buffering fins' which are basically metal shields bent inward to absorb the energy and it fits over the end of a gun. It would work fine as long as he has the diameter right.

I can remember another auth app a long time ago where someone wanted to make a silencer, and someone else pointed out that they need to be made very accurate or else they don't work as good as planned.

Sure, they could reduce the sound, but not as much as it would normally do if it was made in a factory or wherever they normally come from.

Anyways, this is why I wanted more opinions from other admins so me or someone else who will verdict this app can make a better decision.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 11:59:44 AM »
Of course a homemade suppressor wouldn't work as well as it would be if it was developed in the Springfield Armory, but as long as you have the correct tools, diameter, etc., you could make a somewhat decent suppressor, especially if you've had upwards of 20 years experience.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 12:03:31 PM »
Silencers don't really lower noise by that much anyway - compared to the gun yes but it's still very loud so I doubt a home made one would do that much of a good job...

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 02:09:27 PM »
Well in closed areas it would echo sure, but it would have a signifigant change in wide open areas.

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 02:29:55 PM »
Personally, it seems like some admins agree and some dont. but I'd like to clear a few things up.

- The silencer as tray said,  would not be as good as it were to be made in springfield armory but since i've made one before it should work atleast a bit when outdoors so lets say I were to fire a shot not everyone in the map should be able to icly hear it. Only people within a certain radious.

- The tools and equipemnt to make this are in the inn. The parts where collected icly by a charcter called "Needles".

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »
Alright, you know what. I'd say I'll give you a chance with it.
However, like stated above: The silencer is hand-made which makes it not as good as a real one. This means that the sound will be reduced a bit ICly, but not so much.

So yes, consider this accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal