Author Topic: Jason Led's Authorization Application  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Crayola

• View Profile
    • Awards
Jason Led's Authorization Application
« on: March 30, 2012, 04:44:01 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: scoobybloo2
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About 7 Years. (I think it will be 7 years next month.)
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About 6-8 months, somewhere in that time-period.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
(I know that these may/have a high chance of being denied, but I figured I would give it a shot. I am not asking for an actual weapon, just an IC rp weapon mainly used to enhance survival rp.)
   A rubber glove insolated with more rubber, used by electrician repair Technician, they used them to work on Hydro Lines. The glove has three small metal brackets attached to the palm of it connected to wires that surround the glove and go down in to a battery pack that hangs on the waist or in the pocket. There is a switch attached to the battery pack that blocks the electric feed from the batteries turning the electricity emitted through the wires on and off. When on, the batteries send a constant electric feed to the metal brackets that send off an electric shock to any metal within a 5 inch radius of the brackets. If it touches water it will send an electric current through the water, spanning about 5 feet in each direction.  When the bracket gives off an electric shock to a metal object or such, it does not harm the wearer (Unless another part of him/her is touching the piece of metal.) Because of the insulation in the glove.
Also, I am not asking for it now, I am asking for the ability to craft one, IC using Role-play.

Name: Jason Led
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Before 7-hour war: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=12525.0 For more of a back-story.
During the 7-hour war: As Jason ran down the road, he frantically looked around for his father, sweat slowly trickling off his forehead and barreling down around his eyes. He turned left and right ducking down when he heard shots, keeping to backyards and alleyways. As he ran down Magnate St, he came across a medium sized yellow rubber glove with a Electric symbol on the back. He quickly grabbed it and slid it halfway in his pocket, the other half sticking out and flopping around as Jason ran. He wasn’t and still isn’t sure why he picked that glove up, he sometimes thinks it may be because it reminded him of the one his father used in his line of work, other times he thinks he may have though it useful, but it doesn’t matter why he grabbed it, all that matters is that he had it, and it was a damn-good thing too.
After a few hours of rushing down alleys hopping backyard fences, running from chained dogs. The gruesome smell of blood and decaying bodies began to fill the air, he rushed past the blue house spotted with red blood, people lay dead on the patio. He kept running for about an hour when he came to a short fence, behind it was a power grid leading to a sewer line. He was about to grab the fence and climb under when it sparked, sending small yellow lights jumping at his face, startled he dove back slamming against the wall of a cafe. He stood back up muttered something and rubbed his face before sliding his hand in his pocket and feeling the rubber glove. After pausing for a moment wondering what was in his pocket, he looked down at the yellow glove. He lifted it, looking at the thunder-bolt symbol on the back of the glove, and then slid it on. Slowly he crept to the fence, lowering his hand and grabbing the fence. He shut his eyes expecting a shock, but nothing happened, still slow he lifted the gate up as far as it would go and crawled through the hole. He then ran to the ladder leading to the sewer, and quickly climbed down in to the damp air and dim lighted sewer hall.
He walked for what felt like days, it was too dark to read the time on his watch, so he just kept walking. Eventually he found a ladder, pulling himself on to it, weak and hungry he emerged to the world above. The fresh air flooded his nose nearly immediately; he was still in a tunnel but at surface level. He followed it, and that is how he arrived in the Outlands.
After The 7 Hour War: (I plan to Roleplay this part IC, doing the building of the glove and the finding of materials like the metal brackets and wires.)

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
A means of Survival against wild creatures or hostile in-habitants.
A means of catching food, such as headcrabs or wild deer (< Extremely rare-impossible to find.)
A way to cook said-caught food.
A way to intimidate people.
When working on other inventions, can power them using the electrical glove.

Defects
Can’t go in water above knee level due to risk of electrocuting entire body.
Cannot touch metal when the glove is on or activated.
The odd electric shock when to close to metal.
Cannot use guns (Because the gun-powder will ignite and the gun will explode.)
Because of above defect the glove will be my only line of defense, which can only electrocute metal or water making it harder to defend myself.
Needs batteries or electricity to power.
Must scavenge for Said-batteries.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
With the authorization I plan to build the glove (Using the skills I got in prior-authorization application.)
With the perks/defects I plan to scavenge for batteries and electric goods, giving me more passive roleplay options.
I plan to (Like usual) Enhance the interactions between me and other people and give them more roleplay and speech options to say/use towards me.
I plan to roleplay in a different way, not able to go in water or use guns, relying on the glove as my only form of defense.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
Please read: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=12525.0 For more detail into the backstory of my character.
C45.CCA.UA.619 says "<:: You're the shitstain that fell between the resistances buttcheeks."

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jason Led's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:56:16 PM »
Accepted.

I saw your RP in-game and my jaw dropped.

Just, make sure the glove breaks a LOT. You'll be having problems with it 24/7. Don't always just be like 'lolglov'd' and kill everyone, either.

Make sure you know your limits.

Also you have other auths for the skill to make this, so I'll accept it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal