Author Topic: Dr. Chloe Shefield's Authorization Application  (Read 8366 times)

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dr. Chloe Shefield's Authorization Application
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 06:09:03 PM »
Just posting on here because you haven't heard anything from the admin team since last month, we're still waiting on Raiden to take a look at this.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »
Sorry for the massive massive delay on this.

I will get to it as soon as possible (not with this post, I made this and at this point I have had not sleep since yesterday and I have 4 hours until school)

Offline Thor ?? ??¢ ??? ?² ?©

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 04:02:52 PM »
Sorry for the massive massive delay on this.

I will get to it as soon as possible (not with this post, I made this and at this point I have had not sleep since yesterday and I have 4 hours until school)

Thanks, and It's alright for the delay. I can imagine how busy you are (as I have been, only you have life stuff and management. I used to be a high up administrator for a SS13 server.. Boy those were the days. But that is completely irrelevant..)
I am hoping to upload some more Noxis content today, but it might not happen. It will just be two diagrams of a thruster (FuseWarps :V) and the warp-core (I'll include a story about the warp-cores, as you might be wondering why the hell they are not used after seeing them.) I hope to also include a small animation of what the starmap used to look like, and how it changed from the start, through the Eternal Darkness, to the present; this might not happen, but it shouldn't be too hard as I have the base already done.

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 07:31:14 PM »
(Reply instead of edit since this is a new post with new content)
NEW MESSAGE: Material You Requested [PIC]
A document with information on the mark I thrusters and warp-cores is sent to your console.
The attached note says: "While it says declassified, it isn't declassified for the world to see. I had to smuggle this out on my datapad and hope the AI didn't catch it. I don't personally know much about these two pieces of technology, but I can tell you a bit. The whole file on them seems to be locked down tightly, so I can't provide a detailed analyze on how they work. The thruster is the first generation, and they now use MK5 which is much faster. All I can tell is that somehow Noxium binds to water, producing a fuel that thrusts the vessel forward at great speeds. The speeds on the paper are not speeds of spacecraft, but more like speeds of one thruster. Add mass and it's slower, add another thruster and it might be faster. The warp-core is the best part. Have you ever heard of a warp-core? Neither have it. It was used very briefly. It can project a vessel upwards towards 1 million km a second. And that was just mark one. Mark two was 5 million km a second. That's almost as good as gate travel, not instant but damn fast. It also doesn't have a spacing rule, so we could take every system. Why was it stopped? Well it appears as though Zeta radiation is NASTY. The genite (Don't ask what it's called now, they changed the name in secret, and this was before all mineral names had to be included in manifests.) shell was also carcinogenic, so the engineering rooms were deadly. The Zeta radiation leaked out often, giving the crew radiation poisoning. The safety got better with mark three, as did the speed. 10 million km/s. But after mk3, it was suddenly dropped. I can't give you anymore information as this transmission is be- ---- -g- --a-- h --- *********" The transmission was either lost, or the connection was terminated on the operatives side.
=================================================================================================
Starmap
This is the released starmap of Noxis territory. The sections were not labeled, per policies. This is not a complete map, as one could not be generated before the Eternal Darkness.
=================================================================================================
NEW MESSAGE: Starmap Data [PIC]
A message pops up on your console, from the operative.
An attached note states: "Here is the starmap data, sorry about that last message. The AI found the transmission. At least she mistook it for the faulty comms. The station I am at is having comm problems, so I can disguise this message. This shows how the galaxy starmap changed over the course of a year. Shocking, if you ask me. After it all the gates were shut off, CA went into hibernation, and humanity took a different path. I can't hold this transmission much longer, but I wanted to make sure you knew that the cod- fo- -he re-ote con-ec-ion fo- -ore d-ta is 1-68-G---7--. -est of -uck, -********" Connection is lost at the end of the message.

I got all three done. For the animation, make sure your browser supports apngs. If you use chrome, like me, you will need the plugin. Firefox is fine, and I don't know about IE (God who uses IE... :sigh:). Also, I forgot to thank you Raiden, for even considering this auth. Time to do some more studying and then sleep.
(Editing instead of posting a new reply, as one is not necessary. 11:19PM 3/10/12)

The newest copy of the Milky Way Times is thrown at your desk. This has been the talk of all news stations for the past fifteen hours, and the presses have made it's way to [CLASSIFED], where you are stationed.

(Oh and by the way, all the information posted here in this manner is presented as though you are collecting intel on Noxis. You are not a member of Noxis, but a member of one of the two other human groups. Moles currently inside of Noxis are the only link between Noxis's activity and information, and you. This was done because I figure it would be more interesting this way. If this gets accepted, I am going to make a thread in the IC chat for Dr. Shefield's logs and uploads, along with Noxis responses and the occasional news from galactic sources, like the one above.)
(Oh there is a typo in the paper.. lets just pretend the newspaper company did it, as I am not going to bother editing the image for the single addition of one letter. [11:25PM])
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:25:34 PM by Thor â?? â?¢ ï¿? ² »

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 08:41:02 PM »
Honestly, i don't think somebody could put more time, effort and devotion into an authorization. The idea is possibly the most unique (While still extremely serious) idea i have ever seen.

Once i spot Raiden online on steam i'll forward this thread to him (It seems he has forgotten) so we can get a final verdict on this authorization.

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 01:20:57 AM »
+Support x 50,000, for the emmense amount of time and effort put into this app.
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

Offline [TNS-D] Sanitorium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 03:04:38 AM »
I read the whole thread, and I easily support this 99,999 times.
i like men.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 05:47:54 AM »
Yes, this is a great effort put into this.. I am horrible with apps.. so this looks like a piece of art to me.

+Support
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »
This thread suddenly exploded. Thank you all for your support. I plan on releasing a few new things soon, and I finished all important testing I need to get done for the next few months. I'll just edit this post with the new content when I finish it.
--------------

This paper is on your desk as you arrive. No notes attached.
Quote from: NXINT.CA
TO ALL LEVEL ORANGE AND ABOVE PERSONNEL:

We have a copy of the signal recorded from Relay 627 out in the Persus cluster. It's not far from the source of this signal. The AI tried to clean up as much of the sound as possible. What you need to listen to is the strange humming type sound, ignoring the static, and some other pulsing sound. The AI thinks the strange pulsing is a natural source, but is baffled at the other hum sound. This clip is classified at level ORANGE. Knowledge that there is a signal is at level GREEN.

~NXLVR_DR_CHIWK@S4L1B.NXINT.CA
(This is a Noxis email, not from the perspective of the mystery man "stalking" Noxis. I don't suggest playing the sound at the highest volume, as it may be too loud.)

(Last Edit: @ 09:21pm: Added content.)
(Last Edit: @ 09:22pm: Added the link to the newspaper as for some reason it no longer showed for me. This is to make sure everyone can access it.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:23:29 PM by Thor â?? â?¢ ï¿? ² »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »
As completely uncanon as this is, I love it.

You have my support, though an owner should really take a look at this. If there isn't a response then I'll accept this on the weekend.

Offline shrimp

• The ONLY Ninja
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 06:42:21 PM »
I can tell you've put a lot of effort into this app.
+Support from me.
A real human beeeeeiiinnnggg.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 07:14:48 PM »
For the ease of the administrator and players, I decided I should completely write out the exact functions of every device she will have (if it is accepted.) Please inform me if an option should be removed, but I feel as though the devices are fairly balanced.
PDA
* Small 5.5"x4.5"x1.5" (LxWxH) metal case, the case is study enough to withstand a fall from 25 feet.
* Screen size of 5"x4", the screen has a  320x128 resolution, with 32-bits of colour.
* On the back there is a small camera like aperture. It can record video (360p, no audio), along with scan any object within 5 feet. The scanner can provide an estimated weight, dimensions (requires the PDA to move 360 degrees around the object.), and an estimated makeup of the object (Has a 45% accuracy, requiring more than one scan to make up for this.)
* Two plugs, one for a battery charger, and one USB-like connector that can connect the device to other devices.
* A small Li-ion battery lasting 6 hours on full charge.
* "Thinktronics" operating system, a UNIX-Like OS designed by Noxis. (Think of it as a linux OS, but tailor made for PDAs.)

Holo-Computer
* The physical device is a small 3"x3"x1" (LxWxH) band that goes around the wrist. The physical part has two connects, just like the PDA.
* Projects it's "screen" either around the device's face, or above the device in the air. When the latter mode is used, the screen can be a fairly moderate size.
* Can project an object above, producing a 3D representation of the object in the air, max range is 5 feet.
* 5 PB of storage (Think of it as TB today, it's not a lot compared to desktop Noxis computers)
* 1.3 terahz processor (Compare to a 1.3 GHz today, relative to desktop Noxis computers)
* Can connect remotely to the satillite in orbit, which can then connect to the SSC relay and thus to the CA Station. (Provided atmospheric conditions are good, data may not reach CA unless the rift is 'open', as it has that cycle.)
* A moderate Li-ion battery that lasts 48 hours on full charge.
* If conditions are perfect, it allows data and voice streaming both to and from CA, however it drains the battery and cannot be sustained for long.
* "Thinktronics" OS like the PDA.

Backpack
* A moderate sized backpack, capable of carrying 15 pounds.
* "Secret" blue-space compartment capable of hiding 5 pounds in the 4th dimension. (Requires power to open and close, and has a small amount of space. At most it can hold the PDA, Holo, and reactor, nothing more.)
* Small antenna capable of broadcasting radio messages to and from the satellite in orbit. It is locked on that one frequency and cannot be used for any other signals.

Mark II Reactor (And Thermal PVs)
- Mark II
* Produces 5 MW/h from fusion.
* Fueled by small bits of matter that is lighter than iron. Anything heaver and the reaction stops.
* 1 cubic cm can produce two hours of reactor (10MW).
- Thermal PV
* Creates energy from heat.
* Can be used to lay out in the sun, or put inside the reactor to increase power output.
* Produces 1 watts per 1 joule a second. (One PV grid can produce 1MW in 12 hours of sunlight exposure)
* Grids are 100x100 PVs, which is about 5cmx5cm. She has ten grids currently, however they are very flimsy and easy to break.

Jumpsuit
* Standard sized jumpsuit
* Orange in colour (Looks like this. The name says "Dr. Shefield", Instead of "NASA" it is the Noxis Logo (The N looks like that, but "oxis" is after it. Too lazy to draw it right now. This is the emblem that is on the backpack (Just the N). There is no flag, or mission badge. The rest looks more or less the same. It's also not as bright, more of a dark orange.)
* Contains tracking devices, including a GPS unit (100% useless, as there are no GPS satellites in orbit) and health monitors (Pulse, blood sugar, etc)
* Can administer nanites to heal minor injuries at a slow rate (I put this in because on the server, health is regenerated at a slow rate, these nanites basically do that. It's alright if you want to remove this part, as I completely understand. They don't heal broken bones etc, just minor injuries.)

That is all she has, other than some rations in her bag. Currently the Holo-computer, Thermal PVs, and Mark II Reactor are in the blue-space compartment, and the backpack does not have enough power to open it. She will need to find some way to hook up power to it to use these devices. The PDA is in the normal compartment, and has a full charge. She turns it off when not using it to save battery life. It will however need a charging sooner or later. Let me know if you want something changed, and I will try and do so.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 06:43:11 PM »
I want administrators to take notice of the last post by Thor and post their opinions before I throw in my opinion and the final verdict.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
Let me know if you want to remove any features on that list, or have any questions about anything.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 02:02:10 AM »
The amount of creativity, time, and effort that Thor has put into this application really shines. Although this is a stray from cannon, I must believe that it's uniqueness will provide good RP and a new plot dimension. Do it.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal