Author Topic: Jake Kingstone's Authorization Application  (Read 3993 times)

The Mysterious Stranger

Jake Kingstone's Authorization Application
« on: January 25, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: [CG] Ranger
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Since 2008 (Fallout 3) - 4 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2.5 - 3 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Vehicle with built-in trunk (flags for vehicle spawning (buggy only)) (will be taken away, see details below in defects section.)
Ranger armor and gear (Ranger is a name given to the armor, before pre-war)
Greasy, grimy, engineering jumpsuit (before pre-war)
Engineering skills (given to the player since character creation)
Repairsman skills (given to the player since character creation)
Able to build weak armor (not vests, weaker than vests)
S.W.A.T. suit (weaker than vests)
Resistance skin (different one, probably with a gasmask and camoflauge or something else. Tactical rebel skin here:  http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=22066 )

Name: Jake Kingstone
Affiliation: Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
  Let me introduce myself. My name is Jake Kingstone. I used to be a engineer in West London and I went to get some help by my father who was also a engineer, well close to being one. He worked in the garage and helped customers get their vehicles fixed. He showed me most of the work of being a handy repairsman. I had a job to do though and I mostly met up with my father once I was off engineering work. Enough of that, I worked at the Engineering Industries of the West Co., where I was a engineer like the rest.

This is how it all happened by a story I gotta' tell you. Grab a chair and turn your ears on.

The nice knowledge of a man:
 Jake Kingstone was looking at his father straight in the eyes. "Alright Jake, you're gonna' put this engine in. You know how to do that?" "Well, dad. I know how to do that, you showed me." "That's the spirit, make me proud kid." Jake smiled and noticed his father walking away, he knew he was gonna' keep a few customers busy with buying the tools out front. Jake looked at the engine on the table and noticed the silver polish it had, he grasped his fingers around it and threw it into the front-end. It took a few hours to get everything fixed inside and then... the push of a key into the ignition. He noticed the car light up in the headlights, it roared whenever he pushed down on the accelerator. "Aha! Nice kid, you can do this yourself now. It took 5 months in order to learn about putting in a engine." "Hey dad. Thanks for helpin' me out." "No problem. Your mother phoned me a few minutes and she wants to meet up with you." "Alright, I'll see you later." The garage opened up as the night skies was seen above, the nightposts were lighting up the sidewalks now.

"Keep the car and achieve it as a trophy. Now, drive to your mothers house." Jake nodded and rided out of the garage lightly.
A hour passed and the forest breeze was heard even though he was in the vehicle. His phone ringed in his pocket, he grabbed it out and put it near his ear. "Jake, where are you?" "I'm here mama, don't worry. I am gonna' be there in a second." "Hurry please, I am worried sick about your sister." "Wh-What? What's wrong with my sister?" "She is sick! I didn't want to bother your father about it." "I'll be right there, tell Veronica, my sister to hang on!"

He closed the phone and was shocked. How did my sister Veronica get sick? He said in his mind a couple of times, he started to drive faster, abit anxious and worried. Minutes passed and Jake made his way up the stairs. He blew open the door with his hands and once again, legged it up the staircase. He heard a female sob and looked at the door with the metal plating, it said 'Veronica's room.' He entered the room and noticed Veronica crying but... where was his mother? He forgot about it and laid near her. "Veronica. What's wrong?" "Mama is gone, Jake." "Where is she to?" "She's gone to your fathers." After those words, a loud crash was heard outside. He approached the window and noticed... a large portal in blue was seen in the sky, ships flied from the portal along with small figures! "Fuck, get up Veronica. We need to go." "I can't... get up Jake, my body is aching." Jake said in his mind 'Fuck it' and threw his arms under Veronica, she yelped. Jake didn't bother to care if the blankets were wrapped around her. "Jake, what are you doing?!" "We need to go, Veronica!" Jake held Veronica like a baby and threw her in the passenger seat. He then went into the driver seat and started the car, they both drove off.

Veronica was asleep and it was raining. He turned off the car and looked at Veronica sleep, he kissed her on the forehead and got out of the vehicle. He grabbed his dufflebag and metallic baseball bat. He looked through the trunk and noticed a few tools wrapped in a case, along with a engineering jumpsuit. Next to the jumpsuit was a... familiar looking suit. It had some armor on it, along with the carving near the collar, "David." The back of the suit had the words 'Ranger'. There was two of these suits! He was stunned, he didn't know his father made this familiar looking jumpsuit. It was then he remembered his father was in the S.W.A.T. He built his own armor but how?! He didn't care so he wore the suit, it felt bulky but it sure was a piece of protection.

Jake left the vehicle area while the rain covered his suit. He started to think of his sister, Veronica. All the memories they went through and he just left her. Like a coward.

He was not alone and therefore the wanderer, Jake Kingstone, made his way through into the Outlands.

Leaving the Outlands:
 A few months have passed and he heard some news about a transport up the mountains. It was the Alliance and possibly TLM who were leaving. Everyone was leaving and some were staying. He scavenged around for some tools and he did find some. He found a few scrapped vehicles and thought he could use some of the pieces of each vehicle. While being out of the Outlands, he found a silver engine. Yes, this was a working engine since it had a nice, silver polish on it and no pieces were missing. He brang it back to the Outlands and started to get to work on the vehicle. Three months have passed and the vehicle was ready. People were leaving on foot while the Alliance left by vehicle.

Arriving at the new location, his vehicle was fine. A few gas cans and tires were left behind if anything wrong happened to the vehicle during the ride.

The Vehicle Disaster:
 His belongings are in the truck, along with two tires and extra gas cans. It took a few cans to fill 'er up and a few tires to exchange. A few hours passed, still no sign of Overwatch... Jake lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle skidded along the dusty road and then crashed into a tree, demolishing the whole front end and even the engine.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
 -More protection with Ranger gear.
 -Vehicle will give more speed to other locations instead of going of foot.
 -Engineering/Repairsman skill in order to build special items.
 -Build much, more weak armor which will protect some limbs. (take a few shots, probably 20 shots in order to pierce specific body parts.)
 -Outcast members will ride the vehicle by passenger. (carry three members)
 -Able to carry personal goods.

Defects
 -Building armor and repairing Ranger gear will take time.
 -Repairing weapons will take time.
 -Repairing vehicles will take time.
 -Vehicle will take exclusive damage and will take time to repair by a long shot.
 -Vehicle will be removed during some exploration in the new map change.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
 I will be able to build armors but are much more weaker than Resistance vests. The SWAT suit will be weaker than Resistance vests due to the 7 hour war. Repairing weapons, vehicles and armor will take some time.

Vehicle will not be a show off nor the skin.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
 Evelyn 'Venom' Cheryl (skin only)

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
Admins have the freedom to - and + support. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:07:20 PM by The Mysterious Stranger »

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jake Kingstone's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »
I think you may be forgeting the time period between when Zen creatures came to Earth (and military urban centers sprung up) and when the Combine race attacked. Ofcourse, I may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that is how it went.

On another note, anyone could apply for authorizations to have a bullet proof vest because their father was a police officer / soldier. Can you provide more details on that? If so, great.

Finally, even if you managed to gather kevlar and something to hold it in, I'm skeptical of it being able to withstand twenty rounds of any weapon at a moderate range. (Baring something like a .22 or .38, and at a normal range for a handgun)

On the note of the strength of the armor, we cannot really define it as how many bullets it can withstand. You should detail the strength as x caliber at y range while at z velocity.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 09:02:46 PM »
 Something that is not too much of a burden, protects the knees and elbows, a coverish helmet (just like British rioteers) and a somewhat torso kevlar. Some shots can make the body 60% vulnerable since there is mostly open area's.

Jake's father was a SWAT unit. Apparently, he might of ripped open his vest and used the cotton (yes, there is cotton in kevlar), probably some thick threads, ballistic and thick metal in the inside. Some kevlar pieces were patched in to make it look like a real piece of kevlar.

A metal case was dug in the ground nearby, the Universal Union might have been stomping over it the whole time. Later on Jake will dig it back open after he has been transfered into City45 and escaped into the Outlands.

That rusty, piece of garbage called a Buggy? It's the admins choice whether how much time I get to keep my hands on it so... admins, GO GO GO!

Yes, that is your two cents, keep the change buddy-o.

UPDATE: I have finally decided to edit a few polished works inside my application in order to let out a more somewhat interesting application filled with information about this and that of the Half-Life 2 universe such as frequently asked questions by the Administrators. Keep a eye out because you got two of 'em.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:05:35 PM by The Mysterious Stranger »

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:26:18 AM »
Roleplay must be evaluated.

As for the SWAT suit I'm going to have to say no.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:43:58 AM »
Just want to point out, that you cannot request flags through an Authorization App.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 06:03:03 AM »
Just want to point out, that you cannot request flags through an Authorization App.

Well. I bet I had bad charm on that. I already know that so fine by me.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 07:34:36 PM »

Well. I bet I had bad charm on that. I already know that so fine by me.

Then how did Skyler spawn the jeep on the outlands?
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Checkers

• Cats are cool stuff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 07:43:21 PM »
I got them through donation like my other flags.
I am ded not big surprise.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 02:59:27 PM »
This authorization will be updated tommorow since the Outlands map has exchanged itself.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »
Roleplay still needs to be evaluated, admins, get on this.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »
+support for:
  • Vehicle with built-in trunk (flags for vehicle spawning (buggy only)) (will be taken away, see details below in defects section.) [If it wasn't taken away already?]
  • Greasy, grimy, engineering jumpsuit (before pre-war)
  • Engineering skills (given to the player since character creation)
  • Repairsman skills (given to the player since character creation)
  • Able to build weak armor (not vests, weaker than vests)

-support for:
  • Ranger armor and gear (Ranger is a name given to the armor, before pre-war)
  • S.W.A.T. suit (weaker than vests)
  • Resistance skin

I saw his RP many times, it's at good level all the time. Although, I'd say we wait Raiden to make verdict on this one. If he doesn't in next 24 hours, I shall place one.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 06:30:04 PM »
I agree, his roleplay shows the ability to handle such an authorization. I got with the same set of auths supported as Veran.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
I'd have to say I'm a bit neutral myself. I've seen your RP, and it's a bit iffy at sometimes. The problem you have is that you don't let people react enough, and sometimes you act as if your character is a bit OP. But if you can fix that, I'd go ahead and give you a +support.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 09:03:12 PM »
+support for:
  • Vehicle with built-in trunk (flags for vehicle spawning (buggy only)) (will be taken away, see details below in defects section.) [If it wasn't taken away already?]
  • Greasy, grimy, engineering jumpsuit (before pre-war)
  • Engineering skills (given to the player since character creation)
  • Repairsman skills (given to the player since character creation)
  • Able to build weak armor (not vests, weaker than vests)

-support for:
  • Ranger armor and gear (Ranger is a name given to the armor, before pre-war)
  • S.W.A.T. suit (weaker than vests)
  • Resistance skin

I saw his RP many times, it's at good level all the time. Although, I'd say we wait Raiden to make verdict on this one. If he doesn't in next 24 hours, I shall place one.

I am in agreement with these terms aswell. Over my time accumulated on the outlands server i have seen Jake roleplaying quite a bit, not only is he active but his roleplaying standards are better than most others. I belive he could handle these authorizations with the responsibility they require.

+Support

Leaving this authorization up to Raiden/Rolf for now due to the request of a resistance vest.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 09:33:56 PM »
I am a -support for the buggy and the resistance skin. Again, as I said before your RPing isn't the greatest.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal