Author Topic: Overall Mayor Events  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Overall Mayor Events
« on: April 25, 2013, 01:07:33 AM »
Okay, seriously, mayor events are pretty stupid. I've found that in a good amount of situations, most events require the city to have 'x' amount of money to succeed the event and gain eco-points. But, should the city not have enough money, you lose the event, lose eco-points, and something bad usually happens. Now, my first problem with this is the fact that getting city money is failry difficult. Almost no one pays the taxes, and it's a slow process to gain the money needed to get anywhere near these events. My second issue is that these situations are a lose:lose. There's never the option to somehow strategically squeeze your way through the situation with what you have. It's either you have the $30, $500, or possibly even $800 to do the event successfully or you're screwed. Now, I can admit that some of these downfalls are because I'm a dumb dumb sometimes. But on many occassions, I find myself left with a poor economic state, a playerbase that doesn't want to support taxes, and events that need high money. Where does that lead? A worse economy.

My suggestion? Overall the mayor event system for something that's actually gives you, the mayor, and opportunity to at least attempt to get your way out of situations like these, as its just stupid to get a $800 fine dropped on you city's funds all of the sudden, and then lose 15 eco-points. And that point, you might as well kiss your ass goodbye because people are going to kill you. Then the cycle repeats with the new mayor. I don't have a good plan on how to fix this, so I guess some suggestions/discussions would be nice to have here.

EDIT: I could have sworn I put this in the OCRP2 section. Weird. If an admin could move this, that'd be awesome.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Re: Overall Mayor Events
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:49:22 AM »
Some questions have the option to "leave everything as it was". Which is really useful sometimes, perhaps if this suggestion were to be considered try adding that option.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 10:18:37 AM »
If police would pull people over for speeding/simple traffic stops and fine them with the new system, the city can gain money. In a half hour I usually fine 3-4 people at $100-$150.

As for your suggestion, I agree.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 10:41:33 AM »
If police would pull people over for speeding/simple traffic stops and fine them with the new system, the city can gain money. In a half hour I usually fine 3-4 people at $100-$150.

I do, but this only works with good RPers; most other people loljump into their car, driving off. This leads to 5 police cars tailing him (because no 10 year old knows what 'Intercept' actually means). He's arrested by a 10 year-old eventually and bail is a pathetic $100.

You know what could cause taxes to be a bigger outcry?
If it came out of your pay.
A good economy with 10% tax? You get about $81.
A bad economy with 10% tax? You get $45.

Higher taxes would cause out-cry as items would be more expensive and you'd have your pay docked, but it would give the economy a well needed injection of money rather than purely relying on people buying from NPCs or the rare and illusive player-shops.
have a nice day :)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 11:02:15 AM »

You know what could cause taxes to be a bigger outcry?
If it came out of your pay.
A good economy with 10% tax? You get about $81.
A bad economy with 10% tax? You get $45.

How have I never thought of this...That's a great idea, really. If the city wants public goods, etc, then they need to pay taxes out of their pay.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal