Author Topic: Alex King's Authorization Application  (Read 3643 times)

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Alex King's Authorization Application
« on: January 01, 2012, 08:03:45 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: The Joke
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 1 year

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A child character who is 14, has minor skills with a knife, and is pretty independent.

Name: Alex King
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Chapter one: Prologue

As Alex stared at the the empty wasteland known as the Out lands from atop his mountain peak, he mourns his parents death. But he knows that this place might be his only chance of survival or death, he was prepared for either, as he stared down at his diary, writing his past experiences, so that he could keep the memories with him forever.

Chapter two: Upbringing

Alex lived comfortably. He did not live in luxury, nor in poverty. He watched people go by his window everyday, knowing they had a story to tell. As Alex jumped down from his bed, and raced down the stairs to get his breakfast. He spotted his father sitting in his favourite leather chair, reading his newspaper as always. As his farther took down his newspaper, he adjusted his glasses before saying "Hello Alex, finally waking up, I see?" Alex looked at him confused, before peering at the clock on the wall. It was mid-day. Alex's eyes widened, "Oh god, I am sorry, I have to go!" Alex quickly grabbed some bread and ran out of the room, running upstairs to put his clothes on. Before racing back down "Don't slam the-" Alex slammed the door shut before racing off "Door..." His mother finished as he left. Alex ran past everyone's homes, saying hello to each person as he went by. The town was small, old, and tired. But the community is what made it whole, everyone seemed to know each other.  As Alex raced into the woods, he found Suzy, "You are late..." She said sternly "I know...sorry, I had a...problem" Suzy smiled "Such a liar!" Alex smiled back before they both raced into the woods, "Right, take your pick." Suzy opened a suitcase, inside it lied so many knives that it filled the entire thing. "Uhh...this one." Alex brought out a large Bowie knife, "Huh...leave me with all the small ones" Suzy smiled as she brought out a kitchen knife "Lets go!" She yelled. racing in front of Alex, Alex smiled again, before racing after her.

Alex and Suzy peered out from behind trees opposite each other. Suzy put her finger to her lips and pointed out a small rabbit. Alex peered out quickly, before nodding silently. Slowly creeping up while the rabbit fed. Until "Get him!" Suzy yelled, as they both leapt for the rabbit. It ran off quickly deeper into the woods, while Suzy and Alex fell on top of each other. Gazing at each other, until Suzy said "Uhh...can you get off?" Alex nodded slowly, sliding off of her. "I'm going to go home..." Suzy said quietly, as Alex watched her leave. Once she had gone Alex ran home.

Chapter three: A new beginning

Alex woke up once more, staring out of his window as he usually did. Before walking down the steps to get breakfast again. He yawned, as usual his father peered down from his newspaper "Morning" he said "I am not late again am I?" His father looked up at the clock "Naa...plus its a Sunday , I did not think you saw Suzy on Sunday?" Alex looked at him blankly, "No...I guess not" He sat down ready for his breakfast, "Eat up" His mother said, as she laid down some bacons and eggs in front of him. He smiled up at her, before digging into his breakfast. "Morning!" Alex's sister appeared in the room. She was two years younger than Alex, but just as smart. "Morning" The room replied. All of a sudden, a flash appeared outside. "What in the world?" His mother pulled the blinds down, peering outside. "Oh my god..." She quickly dropped the plates and tried to get everyone into the attic, "What is it?" The room replied suddenly. Everyone rushed past her trying to peer outside, as Alex go to the bottom of the window he saw it. A large metal cylinder grew out of the ground. "Wow..." Alex murmured to himself as his father tried to pull him away from the window. "Alex. that's enough!" Alex kept peering out, and saw some strange creature appear out of the smoke. Screaming was heard from outside. People ran away, some with the animals attached to their head, they fell over suddenly, almost lifeless. "Into the attic!" Alex heard his father say. They almost ran inside. But one of the shells pierced through their home and into the kitchen. "Shit!" his father yelled as the two girls screamed. Quickly his father grabbed a pair of scissors. "Go, ill hold them off!" He yelled after them "Da-" One of the animals latched themselves to Alex's sisters head "What the fuck!" Alex yelled, as he stood their shocked. "Go Alex, run!" His father yelled, almost crying. Alex did all he could and ran for the window, opening it and squeezing  through, as he saw his family, be killed in front of his very eyes.

Alex ran outside, looking around, tears streaming down his face. He saw people running everywhere in different directions, trying to find some sort of safety. Alex ran to the only place he could, the woods. As he went farther and deeper into the woods, he heard only faint screams, he rested against a tree for a moment, crying his eyes out. He knew that his family were dead, his friends were dead. And that this, had to be a new beginning.

Alex went through the forest, stumbling every so often. Almost blinded by his tears. He kept running. Knowing he had to go somewhere else, somewhere safe. He ran onto a desecrated road, looking left and right. Until he saw a car full of people drive towards him. He stuck his hand up to get the cars attention. It stopped about five metres in front of him and a big, burly man stepped out. He walked towards Alex slowly, before kneeling down and putting his hand on Alex's shoulder and saying "You are safe now.." Alex stepped on the vehicle staring at everyone aboard. All of them were crying softly, knowing that everything that they had, was destroyed. Alex just stuck his head in his arms, before closing his eyes. And drifting to sleep on the bumpy road.

Alex woke up later and stared outside the vans window. He gasped as he saw a desecrated city stand in ruins before him. He just turned, not able to cry any more. And fell back asleep.

A loud voice bellowed "I am stopping here!" Alex woke up suddenly, looking around. Everyone mumbled quietly. The car came to a stop, before the driver got out and opened the back doors, "Everyone out please!" He bellowed. He looked straight at me with sad eyes, not saying a word as i stepped out. "I heard that there was a place just west of here!" Someone yelled out. Everyone looked at him and one woman replied "How do you know that?" He got something out of his backpack and wiggled it "Handheld radio, anyone with half a brain would stock up on this stuff before the apocalypse" Everyone looked at him, not sure what to say. "Comon!" He yelled out. Everyone followed him, including Alex, as they knew there was no where else to go.

Chapter three: The Out lands

As Alex stared at the the empty wasteland known as the Out lands from atop his mountain peak, he mourns his parents death. But he knows that this place might be his only chance of survival or death, he was prepared for either, as he stared down at his diary, writing his past experiences, so that he could keep the memories with him forever. After done with his diary, he hopped down the small mountain, trying to keep upright. Everyone else had already left for this new place, Alex had stayed back to write his diary, unsure of what to say or do any more. He just knew, that his parents would have wanted him to carry on.

Alex finely reached a large pipe system, which was big enough to walk through. He walked around aimlessly, only small hints gave away where people had gone before, and only red lights, to show the way. Finnally a large tunnel appeared to his right, he went into the dark abyss. And when he came out, saw the light, for a second his vision was blinded, but as it disappeared he saw it, The Out lands.  He knew this place was his home from now on. And he knew, all he had to try and do. Was live.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
The ability for new role play for me and other Outlands players
Small knife handling skills/survival skills (Being able to skin animals and have quick reactions, to be able to cook. And live in general
He is quite independent this could help in many situations.

Defects
He would be very shaken up from what happened before
He would not be very tough
He would have a lot of fears
He might have a hard time trusting people

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to make new RP for me and other people who play Outlands. I believe this character will give very interesting RP, for both me and others.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Alex King's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 08:14:09 PM »
Denied, you cannot have under 19 year old characters as they were amputated or killed. I spoke with a couple of admins too before denying this.

Reconsidering, but only after admins post their verdict on this and whether or not to have an underaged non-citizen.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:00:47 PM by Abbott »

Offline Jakalantern

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 10:25:28 PM »
I have no idea if this is true, but from what I've heard from people I trust. Alex King is extremely bad at RP, and has actually played a character under the age of 19, which is what he is currently trying to auth, saying that since he has RP'd with admins before it makes it okay, after he argued with someone about said thing, he disconnected to avoid. Also, he does not play to lose, and if he has to, he complains a lot. I am not saying this is my opinion, all I am saying that I have asked around, and all I have heard is as said.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:37:26 PM by ChristmasJack1405 »
8:41 PM - Cpt Jack: LMFAOLMFAO
8:41 PM - Newbrict: ??
8:41 PM - Cpt Jack: "Your gonna live! You're gonna be fine!" *prop pushes himself into the wall and kills himself*
8:42 PM - Cpt Jack: Hahahahah
8:42 PM - Cpt Jack: Yeah I died.
8:42 PM - Newbrict: LOL
-
2:09 AM - Jakalantern-brbderp: Haha
2:10 AM - RTLK - brbgmod: kawk
2:10 AM - RTLK - brbgmod: wat
-
Characters:
CA.C18.GRID-OfC.189; Alive, Training/Commanding Units.
Joel Parkes; Alive, Co-leading a large resistance group.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »
I have no idea if this is true, but from what I've heard from people I trust. Alex King is extremely bad at RP, and has actually played a character under the age of 19, which is what he is currently trying to auth, saying that since he has RP'd with admins before it makes it okay, after he argued with someone about said thing, he disconnected to avoid. Also, he does not play to lose, and if he has to, he complains a lot. I am not saying this is my opinion, all I am saying that I have asked around, and all I have heard is as said.
His RP has really improved over the months, it's almost hard to see that he is the same person. He has a Doc character now and my god he is amazing at role playing a Doc. His passive RP has gotten him in the Alliance, and he keeps the Alliance's engine going. He played a character who WAS 19 and improved a lot over time. We Alliance members have been retrieving a lot of hate messages from other roleplayers so far and it's really pissing all of us off.

Give him a chance at this, role-playing your RL age is probably an easy task. However, the character it'self should be scared shitless. RP like this is rare, he deserves it. Please just give him a chance, i would love this opportunity myself but i handed it over to him because his rp benefits are beyond mine. I can prove he has improved if you just want me and him rp.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:02:29 PM by Adam Hyde »

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 10:55:37 PM »
I believe you have the wrong person, there was someone like that on outlands (don't remember his name but anyway) and he tryed RPing a character under 19, but as far as I know, the joke never tryed something like this. I aplogize for posting in an auth I'm not involved in, I thought I should just shed some light.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 11:13:01 PM »
I didn't want to post here but The Joke has shown a high amount of immaturity...I've rp'd with him on my OTA on certain times and numerous times he played to win. You can take for example with the PK of Zak Grant, we gave him numerous chances to not get PK'd yet he just argued and avoided rp. Also the other night when my cousin told me he was avoiding rp, he soon changed chars while they were rping with him, I tried to confront him with these problems but he only denied them and DC'd from the server. I just really hope you alliance people will help him out as he won't accept help from anyone else.

Offline Sicarius Renatus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 11:14:04 PM »
I have to strongly disagree here, roughly 12 hours ago, give or take 2 hours, he performed the following:

- Character swapped to avoid Role-Play
- Disconnected to avoid Role-Play
- Disallowed others to Role-Play (As a character was performing after he shot her, he walked out mid /me, regardless of the notification above her head)
- Flamed excessively in OOC

Sure, I'm not saying me needs to improve, but he needs to improve more to take on a role as large as this in the Outlands, in my opinion.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 11:24:31 PM »
Any proof he did this guys? Why are you saying this now too, admins were on most of the time and i didn't hear 1 complaint on the server.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 11:44:42 PM »
Please do not clutter this thread with unneccessary posts..I shouldn't even have to say this.

If you are going to post accusations, then post proof as well.

This is a Warning to all non-admins, please no more posting in the Auth Apps.
Denied, you cannot have under 19 year old characters as they were amputated or killed. I spoke with a couple of admins too before denying this.

Reconsidering, but only after admins post their verdict on this and whether or not to have an underaged non-citizen.

As for my say on this matter, I say no, The Joke needs to work on his Roleplay first.
EDIT: The Application itself could use some more work as well, don't rush these things, take your time and make a great App.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 06:17:01 AM »
I will give other admins 6 more hours to post their verdicts then I am coming to a decision.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 07:29:22 AM »
Sorry can i just say something? First of all Sicarius Renatus, i did not avoid rp, you just did not continue it. And if you did i am sorry i did not see. Second of all i disconnected to avoid any futher arguments, you gave no identification that the rp was continuing, 3rd of all i never saw you doing a /me so I rped walking out, 4th of all i never flamed, if anyone flamed it was you bitching about how you got shot even when we agreed to do it and you did not pain rp. Also if you do not like me, I do not care. But keep it to yourself instead of telling the world and trying to turn everyone against me. Sawnikdawg I kind of agree, but kind of do not agree. I agree with what happened to Zak Grant was wrong of me to do, i regret what i did and have tried to improve my rp. Also you have not been on your OTA for ages or even rped with me since he died, so you cannot say anything. I think you have tthe wrong Alex King btw, i am not sure. I have never had any characters under 19, so just saying. Lastly, i do agree I may need to improve my RP, but at the same time I think i have improved quite a lot. I do like people pointing out what mistakes I have made as it helps me learn from that mistake. Example: Yesterday Abbott had a character shooting at the Alliance, i went to a window and did not RP traveling to that window, he asked if i had and i agreed to go back and do it again. I am sorry if you think of me as a bad rper, i will try and improve, but overall all I have done is simple mistakes.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 07:34:25 AM »

Got the wrong person there.

Joke is a fairly good rp'er, but does do wrong things sometimes, so im more neutral for this.
what

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 01:10:43 PM »
I say we hold with the verdict, and check his RP quality, for 1 week.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 06:57:41 AM »
Accepted but you will be watched carefully by administrators to ensure you are roleplaying correctly.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:18:13 AM by Kom??Як »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal