Author Topic: Kur "Nocht" Ben Auhorization Application  (Read 1523 times)

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Kur "Nocht" Ben Auhorization Application
« on: December 05, 2011, 06:21:33 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Coble
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 6 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 3 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
The chance to be a Vortigaunt.

Name: Kur "Nocht" Ven
Affiliation: Combine

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
There was only one life Kur understood, slavery. For as long as he could remember, he had worked for the mighty Nihilanth. Until one fateful day, The Combine came, Kur didn't understand what was going on as he looked around and heard the Calls of his Vortigaunts all screaming out in pain, it was overwhelming he couldn't handle it, the constant screams the loud noises offensive to the ears as an cylinder object came towards him emitting a flashing red light then an orange ball of flame went up and knocked him back. Kur retreated to a nearby cave and hid injured closed to death, he couldn't face the battle, the dieing, the scream of his friends and family, until something or someone found him. It was the Combine the soldier raised a mysterious object in his hand then a split second later came towards his face, sudden pain, then silence.

This split second of silence was heavenly, until, more screaming. This screaming was new something he didn't recognise, a new being as he looked to a left he overheard this creature called "The Citizen" another sound was coming into his ears, something moving, screaching along metal he overheard it to be called "The Train" this was all so new and mysterious, then he realised he was struggling to breath, gasping for air trying to adjust to the new atmosphere he did not recognise, he  panted and screamed out in the hope his brothers and sisters would hear him, there was no response. He was panicked screaming out until a man in black with blue glowing eyes said "He's awake, he's struggling to breath like the others." Another voice was heard "I don't care if he can't breath that noise is driving me nuts, shut him up." The blue eyed man replied "Yes, Sir" As he brought his mysterious object in his hand down upon his head and blackout.

After all that time of "re-education" he had forgotten all about the once great master Nihilanth and has instead begun to hail the Combine, it was familiar he accepted it , he was a slave, a life he understood and could accept. After the months he had begun to pick up basic English and occasionally got the chance to speak to others in vortiguese. After that he was moved to a new city to begin his slavery duty at the nexus assigned to clean and make sure prisoners did what they were told. However the Combine refused to accept him and would still get regular beatings. Anger was pent up inside him but couldn't act upon it, otherwise more beatings. Every night he still screams out to his brothers and sisters and hopes for a reply.
There was only one life Kur understood, slavery.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
More roleplay options
Passive roleplay
The chance to speak Vortiguese
Access to the Nexus

Defects
Citizens will treat him different.
The CCA will treat him with hostility and will most likely beat and degrade him.
Due to the explosion he is slightly death meaning he can not hear orders, which gets him more beatings.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
To practice my passive roleplay and to give the CCA a slave they can tell to do what ever they please.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:25:42 PM by Coble »

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Kur "Nocht" Ben Auhorization Application
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 09:09:21 PM »
I am on the fence with this, because the backstory itself is neat. However, I will have to lean towards denial as there is a need for more elaboration as to your character's past predicament that lead up to his enslavement. I will leave this open for other SA's. They may overturn my decision.

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »
I am on the fence with this, because the backstory itself is neat. However, I will have to lean towards denial as there is a need for more elaboration as to your character's past predicament that lead up to his enslavement. I will leave this open for other SA's. They may overturn my decision.

Fair enough. To be honest it was really tough because I wanted one that could be from the start and go through the Black Mesa Incident but it is never really mentioned how any of the Vortigaunts escaped Black Mesa or met up with the resistance or how the relationships were formed, so to make it a little easier it did mention the combine enslaved the Vortigaunts on the home planet so I used that, and hoped that the combine would put them in stasis till they were needed. I do realize this is not really clear, but thanks for the feedback I will wait for what the SA will say and if he does deny it I will just go back to the drawing board.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 04:21:45 AM »
Accepted for conscript.
Sorry for the long wait.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:22:48 AM by Kom??Як »
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal