Author Topic: What do you think CG should make a new server on?  (Read 12042 times)

Re: What do you think CG should make a new server on?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »
The hidden source.

But I would prefer a none GMOD/none RP game mode.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 11:24:05 PM »
A new server that actually draws in players
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 11:53:05 PM »
DarkRP and make ocrp semi serious
Kthx
:3
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

RyanPeters

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 06:32:49 AM »
Seems there is enough servers but I think Day of Defeat: Source would be a good idea for us to implement. There are many dods fans and creating a battalion on there would be a good idea. They are easy to run, I used to help run hells brigade.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 07:27:36 AM »
I personally think all ideas we bring up should not be about roleplay, we have enough roleplay servers for now and I think dividing the community more would not be helpful to us.

I would like to wait and see gmr2 and GMPTR done and live on the servers. Both the original gmp and gmr1 were heaps fun, I see the same happening in GMPTR and gmr2 when complete.

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 09:38:23 AM »
Minecraft most definitely.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 09:51:56 AM »
For everyone complaining at not having MC anymore. Lets just put it this way.

If Adam would just hand me over the MC2 files, we could have the server up in a day hosted from the CG box. Its completely brain dead to be paying for a server for 20 dollars when we already have a box for 210 dollars which is only hosting 5 gmod servers where we could easily run a MC server.

But noooooo. Adam wont send me over the files because we are gonna "leak" it. How the fuck can we even leak MC? Also he keep saying we will just ban him right. Adam, you gotta realize the reason you are here is not because you have MC2. You are treated like everybody else and giving us MC2 to host would make everyone happy. So don't throw it on us that MC2 is not up. Because its Adams decision if he want it up or not.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 10:09:35 AM »
I'm dying to play TTD again. It's so fun, I wonder why Tomasas hasn't put a betatest up again :C

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 10:44:13 AM »
I'm dying to play TTD again. It's so fun, I wonder why Tomasas hasn't put a betatest up again :C
It's been on hold for over a month. Hopefully I can find time to finish it before the end of the year.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 11:49:40 AM »
There was a army server based on openaura and I enjoyed it a lot, I only wish CG was in charge of it.

If its the one im thinking of it was called "Breaking point". The canon was that nuculear war or something happened, NATO vs Russia, apocalyptic feel to it.

This calls my attention.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 12:26:05 PM »
Here are some I have in mind:

Mini Game Server:
I played this before I came to CG, it was rather fun.  It's way different than Gmod party.  On the minigame, it was just that, there were tons of awesome minigames to choose from, like saw, a avoid minigame, and shit like that.  Also when the game mode ended, everyone would be spawned in a large room, you would all try to run to the middle of the room first, because if you do, you choose which game mode you wanted.  It was highly fun.  Sadly, they started getting ddosed and shit so they got rid of it.

Naval Play:  I don't remember what its called, I know SGC runs it.  Basicly there are 3 teams.  You all create your own boats and try to get oil without being boarded or hwat not by the other teams.  This oil gives you coins for weapons, cannons, and what not.  It was highly addicting and extremely fun.

Finish making deathrun:
  I really liked the sassilation deathrun server.  I think if crap head finished making sure everything worked and such it would be highly fun/

Tower Defense:
Like said above, I would love to play the tower defense server that tomasas letted us test earlier on.  I found it interesting and fun.

Gmod Party: 
  I know that its being worked on, and can be fun.  Hopefully it will be done shortly as well.

Custom Gmod Server:  I don't really know what, there are a shit load of possibilities.

Different Game Server:
  Like said ago, perhaps a server from a different game, I dunno what would bring a lot of people's attention though, or last longer than a week.  I don't think day of defeat, TF2, counter strike source, or what not would be good.  Maybe a ARMA 2 server liked stated a while back?  I suck at it but I would play it, or at least try to.  I don't know if we could get a big enough playerbase for it, but we could try perhaps.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:30:19 PM by CrazyNinja »

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 12:30:12 PM »
For everyone complaining at not having MC anymore. Lets just put it this way.

If Adam would just hand me over the MC2 files, we could have the server up in a day hosted from the CG box. Its completely brain dead to be paying for a server for 20 dollars when we already have a box for 210 dollars which is only hosting 5 gmod servers where we could easily run a MC server.

But noooooo. Adam wont send me over the files because we are gonna "leak" it. How the fuck can we even leak MC? Also he keep saying we will just ban him right. Adam, you gotta realize the reason you are here is not because you have MC2. You are treated like everybody else and giving us MC2 to host would make everyone happy. So don't throw it on us that MC2 is not up. Because its Adams decision if he want it up or not.

What about someone77's minecraft server?

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 12:42:54 PM »
Army roleplay based off openaura.

It's funny I made one once.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 12:43:39 PM »
Here are some I have in mind:

Sea Battle Sort of Game mode:  I don't remember what its called, I know SGC runs it.  Basicly there are 3 teams.  You all create your own boats and try to get oil without being boarded or hwat not by the other teams.  This oil gives you coins for weapons, cannons, and what not.  It was highly addicting and extremely fun.
That was naval play.

I was the one whom suggested a ArmAII server, but rofl didnt do it.
what

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »
But noooooo. Adam wont send me over the files because we are gonna "leak" it. How the fuck can we even leak MC?

That's not very nice placing blames like that. Adam S has a legitimate reason, it's not very nice to purposely put a MC hoster to shame and guilt. It causes unhappiness and tension between people.

I learned this from leadership. It's an amazing quality to earn.

I think Morbus would be a great idea to host for CG, because it would attract no trolls what so ever.
Clearly racist.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal