Author Topic: Take your personal problems away from CG!  (Read 11531 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Take your personal problems away from CG!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 04:09:34 PM »
Then don't. You have all the power to just not read the thread.

Plus, this isn't just a forum.

This is a COMMUNITY. A place where people gather and talk about things.

You already have gaming sections of the forum, and one general section.

You want shit only related to gaming? Again, Only click on the interesting threads.
Save yourself the headache.

This effectively sums up my opinion about this issue. If the thread doesn't look interesting to you, don't read it. Simple as that. Like Wish said, we're a community, and gamesgamesgaming shouldn't be the only thing we're allowed to discuss.
o7

Offline Desperado

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 04:10:49 PM »
As i said Just having a whole section for people to post their sob stories would be a grand idea.

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 04:11:57 PM »
+support
I no care bout your life.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:19:32 PM by Pirate Robot »

Offline Wish

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 04:12:21 PM »
Because kind words from others go a long way. friends are friends regardless of distance or mode of communication.

Everyone can use more friends.

Also FYI: I AM under treatment. Lots of pills, psychiatrist appointments and waiting.

Offline deXterous | KaB00M!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »
I support Jigger - the forum are turning into a Facebook-cry-fest.

''HURRR, my life is so terrible'' - Then go ask your friends or call someone who are classified to help you. I doubt anyone would take it seriously on the internet - and you will probably feel worse than before you asked for sympathy.

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 04:36:02 PM »
Yknow..... there are so many people who keep whining about these things.... but the fact is.... some of us have a lot of shit going on in our lives, and people post here because there are actually SOME people who DO CARE... the people who are trolling and flaming just make it worse

Think about it this way: if someone was near suicide and posted here on CG for help and for everyone to try to talk them out of it, but they just end up getting flamed at and trolled, knowing nothing isl eft in life and they actually went through with it?

Unless your a heartless bastard, you would probly feel pretty damn bad about it.
My dropbox gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/30764657/1/Ponies?h=988a91
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you�re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 04:40:08 PM »
I agree with Jiggerfrizz, I am getting bored of seeing these threads being made, all it does is attract unwanted attention and stirs up trouble, I seen this by experience (PE forums, if anyone was there), when someone made a thread talking about their real life problems, all it did, was create a nasty circle of flaming, trolling, and "It can be done yourself" responses.

Even though I do feel for those people (even though some are indeed, bullshit stories when looking closely into it.) I don't want to see them in the forums. As it just causes trouble.

I support JiggerFrizz, I've witnessed and experienced these situations before all first hand.

I've seen this before back at PE, and OC started to have it before it died, and I don't like when people use here for their personal problems. I've had MANY personal problems myself, but I never came to any forums to ask about people's opinions on what I should do.

It's VERY annoying and I'm tired of it.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 04:41:52 PM »
I mean this in the least offensive way I could say it in, but some of us don't want to hear about other's issues. It's not because we don't care, it's either because a. we have our own issues to deal with, or b. we're annoyed by all the threads about personal problems in CG.

As much as CG is a community, it is not called Emotional-Help.net, it's Catalyst-GAMING.net. Honestly, if you have personal issues, I think you should take it to Steam chat with people who care. Because odds are, by posting a thread about your personal problems, you're annoying others, you're annoying admins who need to monitor the thread to stop trolling and flaming, and you're allowing for others to poke fun at you behind your back.

In my opinion, we should not allow for threads about personal problems anymore. Keep it to yourself and people who have the time and the want to listen. That's not just for the sake of those who don't want to hear it, but to save you the insults that may come from posting a thread a bout personal problems.
Live free or die

Offline Wish

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 04:45:05 PM »
I didn't mean to start a huge fight. I just wanted people to talk to. I don't expect anyone to have the answers or wave a magic wand and fix everything.

Offline Desperado

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 05:33:30 PM »
People are saying they posted on forums cos they have people that DO care. You should steam chat those people then instead if posting it on the forums. as someone above me said it is called Catalyst-GAMING. Although it doesnt have to be about gaming all the time of course, this isnt the place of layout your problems and emotions.

Offline frostwolf

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 05:36:46 PM »
I don't really mind, as long as they don't exaggerate, and there isn't like one a week.

but at the same time this isn't really the place, chances are you won't get  good advice if you get any advice in the first place. This should be a last resort if you really have no where else to turn to.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 06:42:21 PM »
If you are problems with real life. The WORST thing you can do is releasing it on the internet. That place, full of troll caves and stuff.
Get some real life friends, and seek support from real life people who you know. Gaming communities really don't give a damn about other people's life. Rough said, but it is just true.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 06:43:46 PM »
If you are problems with real life. The WORST thing you can do is releasing it on the internet. That place, full of troll caves and stuff.
Get some real life friends, and seek support from real life people who you know. Gaming communities really don't give a damn about other people's life. Rough said, but it is just true.

TBH all my good friends are on the internet, i generally find nicer people on the internet then IRL
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you�re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 08:01:43 PM »
Yknow..... there are so many people who keep whining about these things.... but the fact is.... some of us have a lot of shit going on in our lives, and people post here because there are actually SOME people who DO CARE... the people who are trolling and flaming just make it worse

Think about it this way: if someone was near suicide and posted here on CG for help and for everyone to try to talk them out of it, but they just end up getting flamed at and trolled, knowing nothing isl eft in life and they actually went through with it?

Unless your a heartless bastard, you would probly feel pretty damn bad about it.

So, you resort to guilt tactics now? Please carry on. Anyone with intelligence would know that we're not a help line for people.
Clearly racist.

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 08:04:06 PM »
Guilt tactics? pfft... im just telling the truth

Why be a douche to people who need help?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal