Author Topic: Everyone's thoughts on Uplay and just Ubisoft in general lately?  (Read 4159 times)

Offline Colonel Glockpop

• Not Racist
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Anyone else really sick of this Uplay stuff? Uplay itself is just pitiful and the DRM is just a joke. First off I bought AC2 on Steam but I was still forced to launch it through Uplay. I've also been getting a lot of issues with Assassins Creed 2 where the game would randomly just lose my saves. Oh and I'm not the only one, I went on the forums and there's plenty more paying customers that are unsatisfied. I get that Ubisoft wants to prevent piracy, but they're just angering their paying customers, and making it look easier for the pirates.

If that doesn't make it bad enough, turns ouy Uplay had a plugin that exploited the browser and quote on quote made it "Open season for any maliciously-coded page that wants direct access to the computer."
This plugin was also installed without permission, this is malware.

Of course this has been patched but coming from a long time customer of Ubisoft, this is downright unacceptable.
What happened to you Ubisoft? :(

P.S. I know this topic may be a little outdated, but I just would like your guys' opinion on this.

Sources:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/30/ubisoft-uplay-accidentally-contains-web-plugin-exploit/

Thanks for reading this, I'm not used to posting on forums so I apologize in advance for any mistakes I may have made.

Edit--

Oh yeah guy's, this isn't supposed to be a hate or rant thread so please refrain from arguments. Think of this more as just a discussion thread.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:41:15 PM by Dr. Sugar Lumps »
/////r//r/r/r/r//r/r/r/n/n/n/n//nn//n//n/n/n////n/n//n/n/n/r/r/r/r/r/r/r/

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Everyone's thoughts on Uplay and just Ubisoft in general lately?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »
I agree completely

I bought a cd key for splinter cell conviction because I had originally pirated it and I loved the game, I wanted to show some support to the devs.

However, when I did this I lost all my saved stuff, okay thats fine. Then a month later my key got revoked and they told me it was bought with a stolen credit card which is complete bullshit. So I got a new one (to replace the other one for free) and all my saves were lost yet again, then another month passes by and they yet again revoked it, making me lose my saves AGAIN, 3rd and final time I get a new one they do it again, this time I got fed up with it so i just got a refund on the key.

Plus not being able to play offline was gay.

Offline Colonel Glockpop

• Not Racist
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 03:38:21 PM »
I agree completely

I bought a cd key for splinter cell conviction because I had originally pirated it and I loved the game, I wanted to show some support to the devs.

However, when I did this I lost all my saved stuff, okay thats fine. Then a month later my key got revoked and they told me it was bought with a stolen credit card which is complete bullshit. So I got a new one (to replace the other one for free) and all my saves were lost yet again, then another month passes by and they yet again revoked it, making me lose my saves AGAIN, 3rd and final time I get a new one they do it again, this time I got fed up with it so i just got a refund on the key.

Plus not being able to play offline was gay.

Sorry you had to put up with all that BS for wanting to support the devs. :/

Thanks for the reply though, hopefully Ubi will come to their senses in the future and not force us to use Uplay.
Or they should at least fix up Uplay so that there aren't as many complaints about games not working or glitching out.

I mean this is what we get for buying a legal copy of the game? I'm starting to think Ubi wants to beat EA at worst company ever...
/////r//r/r/r/r//r/r/r/n/n/n/n//nn//n//n/n/n////n/n//n/n/n/r/r/r/r/r/r/r/

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 08:28:37 PM »
Ubisoft... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, back on top- AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok seriously, this time back to topic... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ubisoft forces people who want to play the game to pirate them, in attempt to stop piracy. Both with high prices for old/mediocre games, and disallowing anyone who pays for their games to play at all.

Furthermore, AHAHAHAHAHAHA, UBISOFT!

Their most successful attempts are stopping piracy is not advertising a game, only release it if its bad enough, and hope that no body wants to play it. And even that only lasts a day, maybe 2 if they are lucky before its cracked and released online. Piracy cant be stopped, and game publishers think its losing them money not because of piracy itself, but because they spend money driving away potential customers themselves by not allowing legitimate customers to play their content, while allowing pirates to play without any trouble. Basically, the ubisoft is mad that people play the games at all, due to the fact that they dont allow customers to play.
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 03:44:05 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyQca1cwe54" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyQca1cwe54</a>

Also is it just me or is Ghost Recon:FS dead? Because I can't connect to a single fucking multiplayer match.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:46:34 AM by Carb?ne »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 03:18:14 PM »
Not even the XBOX is safe.  I bought Ghost Recon: Future Soldier as soon as the game got to the loading screen, I was spammed with "BUY A MULTIPLAYER KEY" and "REGISTER YOUR UPLAY ACCOUNT".  One moment while I add Ubisoft to my blacklist next to EA.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 04:21:12 PM »
Yep.

This whole thread is proof that ubisoft sucks ass, I seriously hope they win worst company of the year award in 2013.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 06:07:17 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPHPd1EP_c8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPHPd1EP_c8</a>

This trailer shows what Ubisoft do best, make trailers... The game will probably end up the next Dead Island ie: bad.

I love Assassins Creed but the yearly releases now hints that Ubisoft have entered EA/Activision mode.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal