Author Topic: New Server?  (Read 27036 times)

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Server?
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2013, 11:23:46 PM »
Serious RP is like the name:  Serious.  That means we're looking for serious themes.  Even if (God forbid) we did a "War of the Servers" themed Serious RP, it would probably be just like Terminator RP, not even mentioning the quality of RP that this server would create.  So no, let's be creative here...

*Cough*TESrp*cough*

Spoiler for Hiden:

Are you stupid Sexy Frog? *FacePalm*

So much fun having drama about how "ur not strong enugh 2 shut teh arow tat far".

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2013, 01:52:51 AM »
Had another idea... how about something like manhunt rp?  Idk how this could be made, just think about this if you can and see what you guys can come up with.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2013, 10:39:46 AM »
Cyberpunk?

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »
Cyberpunk?
I like that, everything kind of like futuristic and all anime like.  SOUNDS FUN IN MY HEAD! :D

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2013, 06:17:57 AM »
We have had a discussion about what new roleplaying gamemode should we put up or develop, and we even got to decide.
However, there's a problem with a very low amount of willing and competent developers who could partake in that project. Given most of our serious roleplayers are gone ever since HL2RP begun dying, there's quite a big chance the gamemode wouldn't even be played - this risk quite discourages you from spending weeks of your free time coding.

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »
Then don't do it.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 12:50:23 PM »
I had another interesting idea... idk about you but I know this has not been done before.  If you like espionage and interesting things like that, then you will most likely like this.  So, the idea is based around Team Fortress 2, red v blue, yet they will not always being fighting, yes I  understand that they are highered to do so, yet if you read the comics for the game, they are not.  We could base this on a some kind of custom badlands map that would be separate and or combined to make it feel as if it where a "War"  yet it is not.  I personally think it should be 3 different bases, one in the middle witch would be a nuetrel and or hostile zone, maybe Grey mann's fort for the robots, or just have 2 forts, red and blue, they can meet and not fight, there should only be one reason they fight and it should be for resources or an rp event.   
As for the spy and the classes, they will all have reguler player models as you presume just not tf2, there should be a class list and it should be the 9 classes, Pyro, Demoman, Scout, Sniper, Heavy, Medic, Spy, Engineer and Soldier.  They should be loosely based around the game, don't crunch it into to much.

I also had another idea for a roleplay that was very popular and was full almost 2/4'7, this RP was known as BSRP, a whole another community, yet they shut down quite a while ago after gmod 13 came out.  This RP was based around the concept of post apocalyptic circumstances.  And I am sorry to put this out there, no it was not like HL2RP, it was a DarkRP server with lots of rules, it is pretty much like OCRP in way yet it did not use CS:S weapons and had classes in f4 menus.  They had a custom map, witch they allowed the public to use after they shut down, and the guns they use where called FireArms:Source, this is one major reason they kept alive for so long.  They only shut down because the owners just did not want to do it anymore, I talked to them. 

Map for the darkrp, remember to use the FireArm:Source weapons.
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=127048
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:00:12 PM by Bish The Draggity »

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2013, 11:34:52 PM »
 1. go get hl2rp developers from cloudsixteen site
 2. spread it to facepunch
 3. begin creating the gamemode
 4. ????
 5. profit

Offline feedonswords

• fakken goat m8
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2013, 05:38:47 AM »
How about SpaceRP? A bit like spacebuild, but instead of building you have to buy your spaceships, and you can work your way up, you could land on planets and do jobs like an intergalactic paperboy, you could work your way up, become a taxi or something, be an assasin in a TIE Fighter, maybe even get a TARDIS!, you could get a space shuttle for things, or buy a small space station to live in, there could be a space council that can control and outlaw specific things to do, and it could be made serious or semi serious RP, but many rules would need to be in effect to stop people buying a cheap spaceship and just ramming. The spaceships could be upgradable with maybe stronger engines, more fuel, better armor, parachutes, or many other things!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:41:20 AM by The Doctor »
Goats can fly if you eat a blue sandwich with swiss cheese.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »
Doctor.

At first I was like hm. Could be good. But then i saw Tardis and was like... No.

If we're gonna do space station RP, leave the mainstream spacey crap out. No star wars. No star trek. No Dr Who. Unique and original. Would this be super serious with not a lot of script like HL2RP? Or would this be more like a RPG like OCRP is with lots of script?

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2013, 01:49:57 PM »
Doctor.

At first I was like hm. Could be good. But then i saw Tardis and was like... No.

If we're gonna do space station RP, leave the mainstream spacey crap out. No star wars. No star trek. No Dr Who. Unique and original. Would this be super serious with not a lot of script like HL2RP? Or would this be more like a RPG like OCRP is with lots of script?
I like it.... but what would the story be behind it? Your on a space station and what? Colonization or your just on it? And what type of 'jobs' would there be? The idea is nice, and honestly a spacebuild RP type would be cool, however lets think on it in more depth yes?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
Doctor.

I like it.... but what would the story be behind it? Your on a space station and what? Colonization or your just on it? And what type of 'jobs' would there be? The idea is nice, and honestly a spacebuild RP type would be cool, however lets think on it in more depth yes?
Of course. I just wanted to play BL2 with Ivvy so no details  yet from me :3

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2013, 03:18:49 PM »
Doctor.

how about humans paid to explore the frontiers of space while looking for resources on asteroids and different planets

or

deus ex rp, RP a low life criminal and join a gang in the under ground or the police
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:22:06 PM by Bluff »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »
Deus Ex RP = Cyberpunk RP.  Sounds like it might work, but it could easily turn into corporate mercenaries (metrocops) oppressing the citizens (If you get what I'm saying).

As for Doctor's suggestion, I have been suggesting a space colony RP for quite a while now.  Nobody really seems to care about it, but I have several ideas as to how it will work.  If you've ever played Space Station 13, the jobs would be similar; you'd have the security/colonial marines protecting the colony from the planet as well as from itself, the scientists who wish to study the planet, and then of course the plebeians who would be there to start a new life.

I have to agree with Statua though:  Please no TARDIS'.  Just no.

Offline feedonswords

• fakken goat m8
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »
Okay no TARDIS, I didn't actually want to add it, just seeing how you would all react. Jobs could be a space policeman or something, who tries to stop smuggling and things, of course they get an issued vehicle, but it wouldn't be all that fast, another job could be a deliverer, you get called from someone, they pay you about 200 in the currency, and you deliver their item somewhere, you could also be a taxi, but you would need your own vehicle, same with the deliverer, you could be a repair shop person, who upgrades your spaceship or repairs it, a lot of jobs could be put in!
The map would be a modified spacebuild map, which would fit the RP well, but we would also need to implement the enviroments system from Spacebuild because we don't want people noclipping through space..
We could use SBEP models to make ships and things, and we would need to add custom skins and items, and it would be inbetween Semi-Serious and SeriousRP, because Semi-Serious can still have FailRPers, but SeriousRP is just too serious for space.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:31:50 PM by The Doctor »
Goats can fly if you eat a blue sandwich with swiss cheese.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal