Author Topic: Today's the day! Garry's Mod 13 Release  (Read 8048 times)

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Today's the day! Garry's Mod 13 Release
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »
IMPORTANT
With the release update, Garry said that addons needs a little change to work in GMod 13.

The little change, is that you will need to rename info.txt to addon.txt on all the addons you decide to keep after the switch. Its still suggested to only keep content addons unless you know what you are doing, and knows which addons works for GMod 13, and which doesn't.

But you will still need to RENAME info.txt to addon.txt on ALL of your addons inside the addon folder.
in that case im just gonna delete all my addons then, I dont have very many  anyways plus I'll probably mess it up anyhow.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »
Don't remove addons that are just content. Else merge the content into their respective folders in garrysmod/garrysmod.

Its really just renaming a file.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 03:05:33 PM »
SVNs and the other content packs will need updating so the file inside is addon.txt and not info.txt for when people download them.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 03:08:10 PM »
SVNs and the other content packs will need updating so the file inside is addon.txt and not info.txt for when people download them.

People will have to deal with this, and rename them themselves. This is just until we move to the workshop for downloads.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline novelo-

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 01:08:02 PM »
Any updates regarding OCRP 2, crap?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal