Author Topic: Outlands lab Applications  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Outlands lab Applications
« on: September 14, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
Alliance Labatories was founded by Albert "Doctor" Dean and his friend Dave. However it must become what it has been called again.

The following with the required skills are to apply within the following of having a college degree (ICLY ingame degree):

Engineering/mechanical
Chemistry
Biology
Electrical engineering
Physics
Culinary/cooking expert
Research facility/lab

IF YOU ARE A VORTIGAUNT OR CWU, YOU MAY APPLY AND GIVE ME THE DETAILS ON YOUR APP FOR CWU OR VORTIGAUNT.

Format:

Name:
Affiliation:
How long have you been Roleplaying?
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?

Which of your skills are you to use in the Alliance Labatories?

How have you acquired these skills? (include backstory)

What are your abilities and disabilities?

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b]
[b]How long have you been Roleplaying?[/b]
[b]How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?[/b]

[b]Which of your skills are you to use in the Alliance Labatories?[/b]

[b]How have you acquired these skills? (include backstory)[/b]

[b]What are your abilities and disabilities?[/b]

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:29:26 PM by Rory Phillips »

Offline Calstifer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Outlands lab Applications
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 04:45:40 PM »
// If I've been sticking around for a few weeks would I have to re-apply?

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »
// If I've been sticking around for a few weeks would I have to re-apply?
You apply.

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 05:22:20 PM »
// Kind of confused when you say college degree. Do you mean that your char has one, or that you have one IRL? I want to know now so that I don't waste my time writing an application and don't get accepted due to not having a college degree for the skill IRL. It may sound stupid, but I don't have a lot of time to be using, so I want to be sure. My brain is frazzled from at the moment, so I am having a hard time understanding.
Kathryn Williams
Now in the trading business with Angus Buchanan.
Val'Nok Rotuk
Lost in the canals.
Ember Olliver (Tier-3)
Enjoying her new CWU Winter Coat.
C45.CCA.GRID-01.414
Look at my dress, my dress is amazing.
UU.OTA.REAPER-EtL.73092
Does anyone else taste metal and see red?

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 05:41:42 PM »
// Kind of confused when you say college degree. Do you mean that your char has one, or that you have one IRL? I want to know now so that I don't waste my time writing an application and don't get accepted due to not having a college degree for the skill IRL. It may sound stupid, but I don't have a lot of time to be using, so I want to be sure. My brain is frazzled from at the moment, so I am having a hard time understanding.
Icly, fixed it. Thank you.

Offline Yimmy The Cat

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 05:54:57 PM »
It would help if i knew where the Lab was. becuase i can't seem to find it.
What starts off as a joke soon becomes a gamemode.

I envy you :'(  Did you furiously pull your cock off until your penis shot pure childrens tears?

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 06:36:06 PM »
It would help if i knew where the Lab was. becuase i can't seem to find it.
This thread is for the people who do know where it is... so please delete this post.

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »
Name: (Dr.) Kathryn Williams (MD)
Affiliation: Refugee (Of course that is always subject to change to Alliance Labs if I get accepted)
How long have you been Roleplaying? A little bit over four years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP? A little bit over two months.
IC
I plan on using my medical skills to help those in need.
It all started back in 2006. I was about to graduate high school, but I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. That was, until I saw the Harvard Medical school campus. I saw all of the fantastic classes, the superb professors, and I knew that this is where I belonged. Unfortunately, the money was not a thing I had. However, after looking through all my years of High School, I was accepted for a scholarship to go for four years. I gladly took this, and studied my ass off in order to become a doctor. It may have only been four years, but it felt like an eternity. You may not have to go to the actual school building everyday, but while I was there... I spent most of my "free time" studying and doing nothing but schoolwork. After four years, I obtained my MD. It was the crowning point of my life. There hadn't been a moment when I was happier.

Now that I had my degrees, I had to start work as an intern, as everyone else who graduated had to. However, during a particularly normal day, it happened. The "Combine", as they are called, invaded Earth. The next few hours were heart wrenching. Earth was taken over and nearly everyone killed. Everyone in the hospital I was an intern in was killed, as they were not deemed fit to live by the "Combine". I could not stand for this. They were human beings, and the Combine treated them as though they were animals in a trap. The state of the cities we were held in... they were basically the concentration camps from World War II, just dressed up as a city. And instead of prisoners, we were just citizens. I could not stand to see people die every day from this "disease" called the combine. So, I had to escape.

One day, while in my apartment, I noticed a door at the end of the hall. The civil protection officers had told us to NEVER go through that door. So I decided that, not having anything to lose, I would go through it. It opened up the world to me. There was so many possibilities beyond the door. So, I jumped right in. I have heard of people entering this so called "District Two" and never being heard from again. I was afraid. Until I saw a sign pointing towards the back end of the district. It was a crude sign, barely standing, and sure to be destroyed if it were ever found by them... so I followed it, until I found a small hole leading into a sewer. I did not know where it lead, but I knew that it was away from here, so I had to leave.

When I exited the sewer, I felt something that I hadn't felt in a long time. A feeling of freedom rushed over me, as I looked out at the open blue sky. The air was fresh, not dark and dirty as in the city. The grass was green, unlike the dark concrete pavement of the city. I knew that this is a place where I could be free. I had to find a way to use my skills to treat people of the effects of the "disease", as I call the combine. This disease had killed billions, and was killing the rest of us, slowly but surely. I knew that my skills would be needed. Then, I saw a sign, barely standing, crudely made. "Alliance Laboratories, searching for educated people of the following skills," the list went on, until I found the one that said, "Medical and Surgery." I knew that this is where she belonged, so I followed the sign, and offered my skills to the lab.
I have a large knowledge of human anatomy, and a large knowledge of diseases, injuries, and medicines. I, however, am extremely nearsighted, requiring my glasses for most anything that I do. I was never the best in phys ed, so I cannot run as fast or as far as other people. However, I am loyal, and am willing to give my life to protect people from this disease.

// Also, if it helps, as I know that medical rp is a strange subject, I rped as a NOVA OfC(A) for a while, until he was OWRed for non medical related reasons. Parenthesis means that she has the doctor title and those degrees, but not in her name, as that is reserved for CAs.

// EDIT: Fixed backstory. I removed the PhD as I am having a hard time with detailing that. Also realized on the last sentence of the last paragraph I switched to third person, so I fixed that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:27:49 AM by The Mighty cookiemonstur »
Kathryn Williams
Val'Nok Rotuk
Lost in the canals.
Ember Olliver (Tier-3)
C45.CCA.GRID-01.414
UU.OTA.REAPER-EtL.73092

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 08:01:25 AM »
Name: (Dr.) Kathryn Williams (MD, PhD)
Affiliation: Refugee (Of course that is always subject to change to Alliance Labs if I get accepted)
How long have you been Roleplaying? A little bit over four years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP? A little bit over two months.
IC
I plan on using my medical skills to help those in need.
It all started back in 2006. I was about to graduate high school, but I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. That was, until I saw the Harvard Medical school campus. I saw all of the fantastic classes, the superb professors, and I knew that this is where I belonged. Unfortunately, the money was not a thing I had. However, after looking through all my years of High School, I was accepted for a scholarship to go for four years. I gladly took this, and studied my ass off in order to become a doctor. After four years, I obtained my MD, but that wasn't enough. I needed to know more. So, I took a loan out of the bank, still having no money, to complete my eight years and obtain my PhD.

Now that I had my degrees, I had to start work as an intern, as everyone else who graduated had to. However, during a particularly normal day, it happened. The "Combine", as they are called, invaded Earth. The next few hours were heart wrenching. Earth was taken over and nearly everyone killed. Everyone in the hospital I was an intern in was killed, as they were not deemed fit to live by the "Combine". I could not stand for this. They were human beings, and the Combine treated them as though they were animals in a trap. The state of the cities we were held in... they were basically the concentration camps from World War II, just dressed up as a city. And instead of prisoners, we were just citizens. I could not stand to see people die every day from this "disease" called the combine. So, I had to escape.

One day, while in my apartment, I noticed a door at the end of the hall. The civil protection officers had told us to NEVER go through that door. So I decided that, not having anything to lose, I would go through it. It opened up the world to me. There was so many possibilities beyond the door. So, I jumped right in. I have heard of people entering this so called "District Two" and never being heard from again. I was afraid. Until I saw a sign pointing towards the back end of the district. It was a crude sign, barely standing, and sure to be destroyed if it were ever found by them... so I followed it, until I found a small hole leading into a sewer. I did not know where it lead, but I knew that it was away from here, so I had to leave.

When I exited the sewer, I felt something that I hadn't felt in a long time. A feeling of freedom rushed over me, as I looked out at the open blue sky. The air was fresh, not dark and dirty as in the city. The grass was green, unlike the dark concrete pavement of the city. I knew that this is a place where I could be free. I had to find a way to use my skills to treat people of the effects of the "disease", as I call the combine. This disease had killed billions, and was killing the rest of us, slowly but surely. I knew that my skills would be needed. Then, I saw a sign, barely standing, crudely made. "Alliance Laboratories, searching for educated people of the following skills," the list went on, until she found the one that said, "Medical and Surgery." She knew that this is where she belonged, so she followed the sign, and offered her skills to the lab.
I have a large knowledge of human anatomy, and a large knowledge of diseases, injuries, and medicines. I, however, am extremely nearsighted, requiring my glasses for most anything that I do. I was never the best in phys ed, so I cannot run as fast or as far as other people. However, I am loyal, and am willing to give my life to protect people from this disease.

// Also, if it helps, as I know that medical rp is a strange subject, I rped as a NOVA OfC(A) for a while, until he was OWRed for non medical related reasons. Parenthesis means that she has the doctor title and those degrees, but not in her name, as that is reserved for CAs.
PENDING: You didn't really talk about how learning and being a medical student in the University. Getting a PhD in Medical school is an unbelievable process. Maybe if you can add-on to the backstory about what you have done and can do in Medical school

I also need to see your auth app as well.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:12:53 PM by Rory Phillips »

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 10:28:43 AM »
// Edited the app, easier than reposting it.
Kathryn Williams
Val'Nok Rotuk
Lost in the canals.
Ember Olliver (Tier-3)
C45.CCA.GRID-01.414
UU.OTA.REAPER-EtL.73092

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 11:25:53 PM »
Name: Daniel Tearsman
Affiliation: Refugee
How long have you been Roleplaying? 4 years on WoW before Gmod and about a year on gmod. (five months on CG)
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP? A year.

I can offer my college degree in physics.
Through college. (Backstory in spoiler below.)
Spoiler for Hiden:
Daniel, the son of Dante Tearsman. He was born and raised in Russia, where he learned his ways of life. Daniel had no sad story, or eventfull life, only one that was washed up on shore. He was born onto a farm life where he spent most of his time as a kid helping his parents with anything they needed. Growing up he was taught the strict ways to live, going by what ever his parents said or showed him. He followed one rule his father told him, "Do not go about life making hoping riches and wealth, go about finding your strengths". The boy learned how to defend himself as a child, his father teaching him how to shoot a gun, and how to stand up for himself with his fist. This gave Daniel strenghts he needed, the strengths he used. The boy trained with his father everyday he woke up, his father would get him for the next day and proceed with  new training techniques on him everyday. Daniel's father was his major role model, he mimiced his father in almost everything he did, he made sure that his standards would suit his father, and make sure that nothing whent wrong, and everything he did would please his father, Dante. Growing up on the farm, his family could not tend for the whole thing on a farmers pay check, so Dante knowing how to shoot a gun and basic medical, went to war while Daniel and his mother we're staying at the farm. This made life somewhat harder for Daniel, he had to deal with going to school everyday, and watching other children play with there fathers. It was a pain he had to endure almost everyday. When the teachers asked about his father or where he was, he told them that he was taken away, not knowing where he really was. For years he was wondering where his father was, why he never came home. But it all came to his very on doorstep one day. The green jeep pulled up infront of the farmhouse. Two men suited in military fashioned uniforms came up and approached the door and knocked. The mother responded. The men informed the mother that Dante was lost in war, after his plane was knocked out of the sky and into the atlantic ocean. For weeks she had yet to tell Daniel what happened to Dante. She was saddened and went into depression. Nothing could cheer her up, only to see Dante. Daniel knew something was going on, and he observed her day after day. As a son, he could tell she was in pain, and again, as a son, he wanted to fix it. His mother was in the most dire states of all. Daniel could also feel this pain. Almost a month passed since she was informed of the loss, when suddenly a car pulled up. Daniel heard the car pull up as did his mother from the basement. Laughter came abrupt from the veichle as this time, three military suited men came up to the door. And this time, instead of knocking, one pulled out a key from his pocket and opened the door. His mom was blank for a moment, but then realized who the man was. When Dante was shot out of the sky, he was stranded for several days. Pushed into the jungle by the japanese millitary, he was forced to survive off anything he could. Anything he could find would aid his survival, when finaly millitary found them and brought them to safety months later. This was a time where everyone in the family could rejoice, Daniel as happy as can be, showing off his father, telling everyone of his fathers return. No day was misserable for Daniel again. During the events of his father coming home, his father took up drinking in a harsh way. Soon Dante began drinking more and more. He became abusive to his wife and son. His mother felt even more pain this time, since she was losing him infront of her eyes. She knew that the relationship could not last any longer, and something had to be done. Daniel no longer saw who his father used to be, but what he is now. He knew that his father and his mother we're bound to split soon enough, he no longer knew the same father he used to have. These we're once again dark times for Daniel, and his mother. Nothing was the way it used to be, and would never be the same again. Some things felt like they just went down the gutter. It was a horrid feeling, so much gone to waste. It was almost like a huge pause in Daniel life. This would be something he would never forget, ever. His mother took the hit hard, especially when it actually took full impact. One day, Daniel's  father wen't out drinking for quite some time. His mother was left at home with Daniel. Both siting at home infront of the television awaiting the arrival of Dante. Later on that night Dante arrived drunk, with to prostitutes. His mother, screamed in shock and dissapointment took Daniel to her car as they drove off. Dante was too intoxicated to understand what has just happened, even if we wasn't he still wouldn't care. He had lost his family now, and he would never get it back.Daniel, now living somewhere in Europe, went to highschool. As being grandson of an inventor, he was an inteligent boy, but, as son of a drunk, he had lots of temptation. Daniel kept himself clean, finding himself getting great grades, pleasing his mother, living the life they never had. His mom came to be quite wealthy, as she could find a decent job, and had the money of a second person via child support from her ex-husband. Even as a drunk they could still drain his money from his bank, and even when he had none left, he would just get further drowned in debt. Passing flawlessly through life Daniel found himself a job at a mechanical store, and seeked a greater career in mechanics. Rewiring old TVs or fixing someones kitchen appliances, it made him happy. Soon enough he was already working on custom electrionics. Mechanics was definitley his passion, growing more and more interested by the second. But, soon enough the temptation took the first strike. After finishing highschool he took the role to get a college degree in physics. Daniel had lived a very nice life until what happened to his father. He wasn't going to let that happen to him again. So, he worked for hours each day, swearing on his own life that he would make his mother proud. Forcing himself to keep working EVERY day and EVERY hour. His brain would become numb from all this knoweledge that would soon become of use. Moving along everyday, he became happy in his life. He knew that after this he wanted to become a professor. He was handsome and once again had a very great life going for him. He knew where his life was going and could see through it like a crystal. All the fun they had in college was unforgettable... Besides the brain numbing work. But once college finished he faced a challenge he didn't know was there. He was at the end of his road, same road of his father. He finaly got a job as a professor, working as the lab technician and temporary understudy to see how he worked. And so his mother held some celebration for him. This was the first time he took a sip of alcahol, and this wasn't the last. He later grew more and more desiring of this type of beverage.  Daniel soon became an alchaholic. Losing his life while everything he knew sifted through his hands. Everything he once had was gone. And it was the end of his life. Although, later that year his mom had died of breast cancer. The news had hit him hard. This causing him to despare for his mother. Before he could become completely sober the, something else happened. Something bigger then him and the entire world. A supernatural force that made the armies all over the world look like kids with water guns. All the sudden, these storms had started to occur all over the globe. No one knew what they we're. It went on for days, until something hit them hard. Unknown creatures began to invade our planet using these... "Storms". One after another these animals shot out of those storms like a bull and a red carpet. Thousands of casualties wasn't all though. After that the humans of planet earth we're hit with something worse. Some millitary like men also shot out... But this time with elegance. Men in what looked to be alien armor picked off our forces within seven hours. After that, no one wanted to mess with them. It seems that these we're aliens. But no one knew why. The world had been in shock. Sent into a shelter, Daniel spent a few weeks hiding. They waited for these men to eventually find them. Using some sort of gas, he was knocked out, and sent aboard a train. Waking up he was already undressed then redressed. Wearing some sort of apparel it was not long before the train had come to an abrupt halt. Looking outside, Daniel could see some sort of large, alien bug. To the combine it was known only as a drop ship. Daniel could not tell what this figure was doing until... Well... It started getting uncomfortably close to him. Then it started spiraling out of control into the train. Daniel was placed at the back of the train before what seemed to be a cargo hull. The train cart in front of him was knocked of the track, leaving his to fall off the track, falling deep beneath a water bed. While  in the train slowly drowning, Daniel managed to swim out to where the train had been ripped open. Running out of breath he saw that some sort of helicopter above him was looking at the train. He went back under water thinking, then he saw a sewage tunnel. Swiming to it, the helicopter was still hovering above him. The sewage rout was half in and half out of land, so he could breathe while entering. Rapidly stroking his arms he managed to find a bigger part to the sewage route. Following the route for days, eating what ever he could, or drinking murky water he survived. Finally, the route ended to what seems to be a canal system. Exiting out of the dark tunnels, he saw a chopper fly by, he leaned back in and continued walking. Nothing for a while. Until he fell cold to the ground. Unable to get up, he heard chatter among his body. Then he felt his cheek press against a cold hard table. Then... He felt nothing. Is this what it felt like to die? he thought. Then he was answered. By a gunshot. Another body falling over him as he woke up. It seemed that two men we're going to help Daniel until they realized they would only be easier to spot and waste food. So, they got into a heated argument until one of them cracked... the other ones skull with a bullet. The man waved goodbye. Stating that it would be better to wander alone. As he left a  unknown substance that resembled food. He ate it, sitting against the cold concrete wall. As he got up, and started wandering the outlands.
Abilities: College Degree in science and a basic knowledge in computers.
Disabilities: Because of Daniel having such a rough life as a child, he offend tends to go through emotional breakouts. Daniel, when confronted with intense situation will often have panic attacks, all though over the years that had been resolved with therapy. (as a child).

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 06:37:08 AM »
How long have you been Roleplaying? 4 years on WoW before Gmod and about a year on gmod. (five months on CG)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Daniel, the son of Dante Tearsman. He was born and raised in Russia, where he learned his ways of life. Daniel had no sad story, or eventfull life, only one that was washed up on shore. He was born onto a farm life where he spent most of his time as a kid helping his parents with anything they needed. Growing up he was taught the strict ways to live, going by what ever his parents said or showed him. He followed one rule his father told him, "Do not go about life making hoping riches and wealth, go about finding your strengths". The boy learned how to defend himself as a child, his father teaching him how to shoot a gun, and how to stand up for himself with his fist. This gave Daniel strenghts he needed, the strengths he used. The boy trained with his father everyday he woke up, his father would get him for the next day and proceed with  new training techniques on him everyday. Daniel's father was his major role model, he mimiced his father in almost everything he did, he made sure that his standards would suit his father, and make sure that nothing whent wrong, and everything he did would please his father, Dante. Growing up on the farm, his family could not tend for the whole thing on a farmers pay check, so Dante knowing how to shoot a gun and basic medical, went to war while Daniel and his mother we're staying at the farm. This made life somewhat harder for Daniel, he had to deal with going to school everyday, and watching other children play with there fathers. It was a pain he had to endure almost everyday. When the teachers asked about his father or where he was, he told them that he was taken away, not knowing where he really was. For years he was wondering where his father was, why he never came home. But it all came to his very on doorstep one day. The green jeep pulled up infront of the farmhouse. Two men suited in military fashioned uniforms came up and approached the door and knocked. The mother responded. The men informed the mother that Dante was lost in war, after his plane was knocked out of the sky and into the atlantic ocean. For weeks she had yet to tell Daniel what happened to Dante. She was saddened and went into depression. Nothing could cheer her up, only to see Dante. Daniel knew something was going on, and he observed her day after day. As a son, he could tell she was in pain, and again, as a son, he wanted to fix it. His mother was in the most dire states of all. Daniel could also feel this pain. Almost a month passed since she was informed of the loss, when suddenly a car pulled up. Daniel heard the car pull up as did his mother from the basement. Laughter came abrupt from the veichle as this time, three military suited men came up to the door. And this time, instead of knocking, one pulled out a key from his pocket and opened the door. His mom was blank for a moment, but then realized who the man was. When Dante was shot out of the sky, he was stranded for several days. Pushed into the jungle by the japanese millitary, he was forced to survive off anything he could. Anything he could find would aid his survival, when finaly millitary found them and brought them to safety months later. This was a time where everyone in the family could rejoice, Daniel as happy as can be, showing off his father, telling everyone of his fathers return. No day was misserable for Daniel again. During the events of his father coming home, his father took up drinking in a harsh way. Soon Dante began drinking more and more. He became abusive to his wife and son. His mother felt even more pain this time, since she was losing him infront of her eyes. She knew that the relationship could not last any longer, and something had to be done. Daniel no longer saw who his father used to be, but what he is now. He knew that his father and his mother we're bound to split soon enough, he no longer knew the same father he used to have. These we're once again dark times for Daniel, and his mother. Nothing was the way it used to be, and would never be the same again. Some things felt like they just went down the gutter. It was a horrid feeling, so much gone to waste. It was almost like a huge pause in Daniel life. This would be something he would never forget, ever. His mother took the hit hard, especially when it actually took full impact. One day, Daniel's  father wen't out drinking for quite some time. His mother was left at home with Daniel. Both siting at home infront of the television awaiting the arrival of Dante. Later on that night Dante arrived drunk, with to prostitutes. His mother, screamed in shock and dissapointment took Daniel to her car as they drove off. Dante was too intoxicated to understand what has just happened, even if we wasn't he still wouldn't care. He had lost his family now, and he would never get it back.Daniel, now living somewhere in Europe, went to highschool. As being grandson of an inventor, he was an inteligent boy, but, as son of a drunk, he had lots of temptation. Daniel kept himself clean, finding himself getting great grades, pleasing his mother, living the life they never had. His mom came to be quite wealthy, as she could find a decent job, and had the money of a second person via child support from her ex-husband. Even as a drunk they could still drain his money from his bank, and even when he had none left, he would just get further drowned in debt. Passing flawlessly through life Daniel found himself a job at a mechanical store, and seeked a greater career in mechanics. Rewiring old TVs or fixing someones kitchen appliances, it made him happy. Soon enough he was already working on custom electrionics. Mechanics was definitley his passion, growing more and more interested by the second. But, soon enough the temptation took the first strike. After finishing highschool he took the role to get a college degree in physics. Daniel had lived a very nice life until what happened to his father. He wasn't going to let that happen to him again. So, he worked for hours each day, swearing on his own life that he would make his mother proud. Forcing himself to keep working EVERY day and EVERY hour. His brain would become numb from all this knoweledge that would soon become of use. Moving along everyday, he became happy in his life. He knew that after this he wanted to become a professor. He was handsome and once again had a very great life going for him. He knew where his life was going and could see through it like a crystal. All the fun they had in college was unforgettable... Besides the brain numbing work. But once college finished he faced a challenge he didn't know was there. He was at the end of his road, same road of his father. He finaly got a job as a professor, working as the lab technician and temporary understudy to see how he worked. And so his mother held some celebration for him. This was the first time he took a sip of alcahol, and this wasn't the last. He later grew more and more desiring of this type of beverage.  Daniel soon became an alchaholic. Losing his life while everything he knew sifted through his hands. Everything he once had was gone. And it was the end of his life. Although, later that year his mom had died of breast cancer. The news had hit him hard. This causing him to despare for his mother. Before he could become completely sober the, something else happened. Something bigger then him and the entire world. A supernatural force that made the armies all over the world look like kids with water guns. All the sudden, these storms had started to occur all over the globe. No one knew what they we're. It went on for days, until something hit them hard. Unknown creatures began to invade our planet using these... "Storms". One after another these animals shot out of those storms like a bull and a red carpet. Thousands of casualties wasn't all though. After that the humans of planet earth we're hit with something worse. Some millitary like men also shot out... But this time with elegance. Men in what looked to be alien armor picked off our forces within seven hours. After that, no one wanted to mess with them. It seems that these we're aliens. But no one knew why. The world had been in shock. Sent into a shelter, Daniel spent a few weeks hiding. They waited for these men to eventually find them. Using some sort of gas, he was knocked out, and sent aboard a train. Waking up he was already undressed then redressed. Wearing some sort of apparel it was not long before the train had come to an abrupt halt. Looking outside, Daniel could see some sort of large, alien bug. To the combine it was known only as a drop ship. Daniel could not tell what this figure was doing until... Well... It started getting uncomfortably close to him. Then it started spiraling out of control into the train. Daniel was placed at the back of the train before what seemed to be a cargo hull. The train cart in front of him was knocked of the track, leaving his to fall off the track, falling deep beneath a water bed. While  in the train slowly drowning, Daniel managed to swim out to where the train had been ripped open. Running out of breath he saw that some sort of helicopter above him was looking at the train. He went back under water thinking, then he saw a sewage tunnel. Swiming to it, the helicopter was still hovering above him. The sewage rout was half in and half out of land, so he could breathe while entering. Rapidly stroking his arms he managed to find a bigger part to the sewage route. Following the route for days, eating what ever he could, or drinking murky water he survived. Finally, the route ended to what seems to be a canal system. Exiting out of the dark tunnels, he saw a chopper fly by, he leaned back in and continued walking. Nothing for a while. Until he fell cold to the ground. Unable to get up, he heard chatter among his body. Then he felt his cheek press against a cold hard table. Then... He felt nothing. Is this what it felt like to die? he thought. Then he was answered. By a gunshot. Another body falling over him as he woke up. It seemed that two men we're going to help Daniel until they realized they would only be easier to spot and waste food. So, they got into a heated argument until one of them cracked... the other ones skull with a bullet. The man waved goodbye. Stating that it would be better to wander alone. As he left a  unknown substance that resembled food. He ate it, sitting against the cold concrete wall. As he got up, and started wandering the outlands.
Disabilities: Because of Daniel having such a rough life as a child, he offend tends to go through emotional breakouts. Daniel, when confronted with intense situation will often have panic attacks, all though over the years that had been resolved with therapy. (as a child).
ACCEPTED: Welcome to Alliance Labatories.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:46:00 PM by Rory Phillips »

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »
Name: Kathryn Williams
How long have you been Roleplaying? Four years about.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP? Nearing two and a half months.

I plan on using my medical skills.
In college. (Backstory below)
It all started in the year 1988. Kathryn was born into a family of people who tended to study for and become doctors and other health care professionals. The effects of being raised in a family of doctors was shown while she was growing up. She always took interest in what her parents were doing concerning their jobs. She loved it, and it continued to show while she was growing up. Kathryn was always faking sick in order to go to the doctor's office to see her parents at their job. She wasn't always able to see her father, as he was a surgical doctor who worked in a hospital, but her mother was a nurse at the clinic nearby to her house. When she was twelve, she took the ISEE test in the Boston Public School system, and was accepted into Boston Latin School. Boston Latin School prepared Kathryn for life ahead, just as the school mission says it would. She loved her science classes, and did extremely well in all her classes. She did not like Latin, but she knew that it was for the best that she learned it. In what seemed no time at all, but was, in reality, six years, Kathryn graduated from the prestigious school. She didn't know where to go next. However, she did know that she wanted to be exactly like her mother. So, she went to the same school her mother did, the Boston College William F. Connell School of Nursing.

School began great. Kathryn enjoyed everything about it, especially that it was not far from her home. She enjoyed going to the classes, and made a few friends along the way. They were always helping each other in their studies, and went to parties and the things that you would expect of any college student. She loved all of it, although her classes were hard. Kathryn spent most of her free time studying, as she knew that it would be worth it in the long run. Everything was all great, her classes going well, she knew that this is exactly what she wanted to do. She spent a lot of time at her mother's work, watching how everything worked in a clinic. She also went to her fathers work, and began to observe how a hospital works. One day, however, Kathryn's happy little world was destroyed.

It was a Sunday, not a cloud in the sky. The day was a beautiful one, and everyone was happy. Kathryn's mother had gone to the store in order to get some food for dinner. Kathryn's father was at the hospital, working, and Kathryn herself was in the living room, studying while watching television. She decided to watch the news, to see what the weather for the next day would be. After checking the weather, she was about to change the channel, when the scene of a car crash was shown on TV. She decided to watch a bit more of it, seeing that the car was ablaze, and was intrigued by it. When the fire department had put the fire out, she saw the what kind of car it was. "That kind of looks like..." she started saying to herself, and she saw the body being dragged out of it. Kathryn watched in horror as the body being dragged out was her mother's. Her father was in a state of depression. His whole world was Kathryn and his wife, and half of that has just fallen apart.

Instead of letting her studies suffer from this accident, she only studied harder. She had to make her father happy, as he wasn't holding up well. She stopped going out to parties, and only left the house to go to the campus. She studied and made sure that she knew everything that she had to. When she graduated, and received her Bachelor of Science for nursing, that was the first time in a long time she saw her father smile. She knew that she had made her mother proud. She began work at the hospital where her father worked. She loved her work, and she enjoyed the patients that were there. She knew that all her studying had payed off, and she knew that she was doing exactly what she wanted.

Then, the fateful day occurred. The hospital had already been full for days, people with injuries from these mysterious events kept pouring in. They had to deny many patients, as there was just not enough room. Then, the fateful hour came to pass. The "Combine" as they are called, invaded Earth. It was only seven hours until earth surrendered to this disease. They could not be beaten. A man named Wallace Breen had negotiated with this disease, and allowed some of humanity to live. They separated everyone into cities. Everyone in the hospitals were killed. Kathryn could not stand this. Everything around her was being destroyed, again. She was separated from her father, and she was moved to City Eighteen, as the capacity for the city her father was in had been filled. She was miserable.

One day, in her apartment, she saw a few people exit through a door that she was told never to go through. She had never seen those people before, and never saw them again. However, she saw that no unit entered that area to chase after them. She saw her chance at escaping this foul disease, which she knew was slowly killing her and everyone else in that god forsaken city. One day, with nothing except for the clothes on her back, she went to the door, and opened it. All she saw was a bridge, leading out behind the headquarters of the Civil Workers Union. Not knowing what else to do, she went across the bridge, and into "District Two". This place was filled with many people of the same mindset as her. They all hated the combine. However, she was not content here. She wanted to be out of this place. One day, she saw a shady figure in the corner. He offered a way out of the city. Not knowing any other way, she went with him, and he led Kathryn to a sewer. They both climbed in, and Kathryn just kept moving. She wanted to be out of there as soon as possible.

When Kathryn exited the sewers, she noticed that the man had not come with her. He must have been one of those people, who caravan refugees to outside of the city, she thought. When she stepped outside, she felt something she hadn't felt in a while. That feeling was freedom. She believed that she was rid of that troublesome disease. With a spring in her step, her spirit refreshed, she stepped out into this new world, and hoped to be able to offer her abilities to those who needed it.

One day, she was walking along the side of the road. She saw a sign, it looked as though it was just put up. The sign read, "Alliance Labs accepting people with college degrees in the following subjects..." As she read down the list, she found one that said, "Medical". She knew that this is what she had to do. So she traveled across the outlands, until she discovered the lab. Seeing a sheet outside the door, she decided to sign up for this opportunity.
I have a large knowledge of medicines, as well as of how to treat many injuries and illnesses. However, I am near sighted, and as such must be wearing my glasses unless the task at hand is close to me.

// THis relies mostly on whether my auth app get's accepted or not. So I'm guessing the accept/deny will have to wait for that. Just posting this so that the fixed one is up.
Kathryn Williams
Val'Nok Rotuk
Lost in the canals.
Ember Olliver (Tier-3)
C45.CCA.GRID-01.414
UU.OTA.REAPER-EtL.73092

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
ACCEPTED: Welcome to Alliance Labatories.

Woot, being accepted feels good :)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 07:30:08 PM »
Name: Kathryn Williams
How long have you been Roleplaying? Four years about.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP? Nearing two and a half months.

I plan on using my medical skills.
In college. (Backstory below)
It all started in the year 1988. Kathryn was born into a family of people who tended to study for and become doctors and other health care professionals. The effects of being raised in a family of doctors was shown while she was growing up. She always took interest in what her parents were doing concerning their jobs. She loved it, and it continued to show while she was growing up. Kathryn was always faking sick in order to go to the doctor's office to see her parents at their job. She wasn't always able to see her father, as he was a surgical doctor who worked in a hospital, but her mother was a nurse at the clinic nearby to her house. When she was twelve, she took the ISEE test in the Boston Public School system, and was accepted into Boston Latin School. Boston Latin School prepared Kathryn for life ahead, just as the school mission says it would. She loved her science classes, and did extremely well in all her classes. She did not like Latin, but she knew that it was for the best that she learned it. In what seemed no time at all, but was, in reality, six years, Kathryn graduated from the prestigious school. She didn't know where to go next. However, she did know that she wanted to be exactly like her mother. So, she went to the same school her mother did, the Boston College William F. Connell School of Nursing.

School began great. Kathryn enjoyed everything about it, especially that it was not far from her home. She enjoyed going to the classes, and made a few friends along the way. They were always helping each other in their studies, and went to parties and the things that you would expect of any college student. She loved all of it, although her classes were hard. Kathryn spent most of her free time studying, as she knew that it would be worth it in the long run. Everything was all great, her classes going well, she knew that this is exactly what she wanted to do. She spent a lot of time at her mother's work, watching how everything worked in a clinic. She also went to her fathers work, and began to observe how a hospital works. One day, however, Kathryn's happy little world was destroyed.

It was a Sunday, not a cloud in the sky. The day was a beautiful one, and everyone was happy. Kathryn's mother had gone to the store in order to get some food for dinner. Kathryn's father was at the hospital, working, and Kathryn herself was in the living room, studying while watching television. She decided to watch the news, to see what the weather for the next day would be. After checking the weather, she was about to change the channel, when the scene of a car crash was shown on TV. She decided to watch a bit more of it, seeing that the car was ablaze, and was intrigued by it. When the fire department had put the fire out, she saw the what kind of car it was. "That kind of looks like..." she started saying to herself, and she saw the body being dragged out of it. Kathryn watched in horror as the body being dragged out was her mother's. Her father was in a state of depression. His whole world was Kathryn and his wife, and half of that has just fallen apart.

Instead of letting her studies suffer from this accident, she only studied harder. She had to make her father happy, as he wasn't holding up well. She stopped going out to parties, and only left the house to go to the campus. She studied and made sure that she knew everything that she had to. When she graduated, and received her Bachelor of Science for nursing, that was the first time in a long time she saw her father smile. She knew that she had made her mother proud. She began work at the hospital where her father worked. She loved her work, and she enjoyed the patients that were there. She knew that all her studying had payed off, and she knew that she was doing exactly what she wanted.

Then, the fateful day occurred. The hospital had already been full for days, people with injuries from these mysterious events kept pouring in. They had to deny many patients, as there was just not enough room. Then, the fateful hour came to pass. The "Combine" as they are called, invaded Earth. It was only seven hours until earth surrendered to this disease. They could not be beaten. A man named Wallace Breen had negotiated with this disease, and allowed some of humanity to live. They separated everyone into cities. Everyone in the hospitals were killed. Kathryn could not stand this. Everything around her was being destroyed, again. She was separated from her father, and she was moved to City Eighteen, as the capacity for the city her father was in had been filled. She was miserable.

One day, in her apartment, she saw a few people exit through a door that she was told never to go through. She had never seen those people before, and never saw them again. However, she saw that no unit entered that area to chase after them. She saw her chance at escaping this foul disease, which she knew was slowly killing her and everyone else in that god forsaken city. One day, with nothing except for the clothes on her back, she went to the door, and opened it. All she saw was a bridge, leading out behind the headquarters of the Civil Workers Union. Not knowing what else to do, she went across the bridge, and into "District Two". This place was filled with many people of the same mindset as her. They all hated the combine. However, she was not content here. She wanted to be out of this place. One day, she saw a shady figure in the corner. He offered a way out of the city. Not knowing any other way, she went with him, and he led Kathryn to a sewer. They both climbed in, and Kathryn just kept moving. She wanted to be out of there as soon as possible.

When Kathryn exited the sewers, she noticed that the man had not come with her. He must have been one of those people, who caravan refugees to outside of the city, she thought. When she stepped outside, she felt something she hadn't felt in a while. That feeling was freedom. She believed that she was rid of that troublesome disease. With a spring in her step, her spirit refreshed, she stepped out into this new world, and hoped to be able to offer her abilities to those who needed it.

One day, she was walking along the side of the road. She saw a sign, it looked as though it was just put up. The sign read, "Alliance Labs accepting people with college degrees in the following subjects..." As she read down the list, she found one that said, "Medical". She knew that this is what she had to do. So she traveled across the outlands, until she discovered the lab. Seeing a sheet outside the door, she decided to sign up for this opportunity.
I have a large knowledge of medicines, as well as of how to treat many injuries and illnesses. However, I am near sighted, and as such must be wearing my glasses unless the task at hand is close to me.

// THis relies mostly on whether my auth app get's accepted or not. So I'm guessing the accept/deny will have to wait for that. Just posting this so that the fixed one is up.
DENIED: Nursing school doesn't acquire the job for medical.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal