Author Topic: Message to OTA units [OUTLANDS]  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Message to OTA units [OUTLANDS]
« on: September 05, 2011, 10:24:45 AM »
I would like to say atleast thank you for cooperating with me and keeping the lab safe and sound... but i would like 1 more thing.

People complain about being in the lab for too long
People complain about not being in the lab
People complain about OTA being on for too long
People complain about being stuck in the lab

So can i just say... maybe switch to S2M for a short period of time when people start to complain instead of just flagging down. In White Forest, OTA are outside all the time. However, we did make an agreement on the lab and thank you for that. I only complained once about going to the clinic, which i thought was ridiculous for me to do that. As of for everyone else, i would like to keep the RP going and going.

You don't have to do this, this is just my suggestion to you.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Message to OTA units [OUTLANDS]
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
I don't know what agreement you are talking about, as no one ever informed me about anything, but I find this entire "lab = safe" just bullshit.

Sure, I agree that OTA attacking the lab would ruin RP, but you can't just expect us not to do anything about it even if we KNOW people are in there.
Not to mention that this causes people to think that as long as they are in the lab, they don't have to worry about OTA anymore. This is none-canon as you ALWAYS have to worry about OTA. Even if you know they can't attack you OOCly because of some stupid agreement.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 11:58:52 AM »
This is why we said that i am going to atleast keep some of them out so they can RP out in the canals.

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 12:47:21 PM »
RP is escaping OTA, not always camp the fuck out of one area.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »
Which is why i'm kicking refugee's out for the week.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 01:06:50 PM »
Which is why i'm kicking refugee's out for the week.

Yeah... I saw that today. *cough*
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 01:34:39 PM »
Out for the week? Kick them out for good and the lab is Alliance only?
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 01:35:59 PM »
The lab is for everyone, and i have to kick them out now because the OTA complains.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »
I thought the lab was to be Alliance only when Statua founded the idea.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 01:53:14 PM »
That was Alliance Headquaters, Alliance Laboratorys was founded by Albert.

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »
That doesn't sound very resistancy shouldn't you be letting refugees stay with you?
O wait we are talking about the LOL resistance. I'm joking. But i see you've been letting refugee's stay in there for a long time but now having them kicked out is very un-resistance and i don't blame you guys; i blame the OTA for complaining.

Edit: FTW made up words
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:58:44 PM by Pirate Robot »

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 02:10:56 PM »
In-canon, refugee's get helped out and fed and have shelter in Black Mesa.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 02:30:05 PM »
The OTA are here to kill any refugees. If your going to make a base dont make it obvious to the OTA that you are there, Turn off the lights and no-collide the boxes hide inside of them. I mean seriously what is the point of having OTA if you cant use it, we just supposed to walk around?
Which brings me to my last point if you want to have a private laboratory have it who gives a damn if its un-canon, canon barely exists on outlands anyhow.

Offline Dashing Dave

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 02:42:18 PM »
A problem I notice, is people get mad if the labs would be Alliance only, or allowing others inside, we can't win.

Also, we spend a lot of time in the labs, rp'ing different things for hours. It's when OTA camps outside the door, and anyone who takes a step outside the door is S2K'ed.

The labs has much rp value, and I do not mind it getting shot at, or rp'ed with. It's only if we are constently raided and killed that I have a problem with.

We spent atleast 2 weeks withought even 1 OTA on, and maybe a chopper, but recently, OTA have been on everyday (like they should) but have been shooting to kill everyone and everything. Even if you hide in a bush, or in a tree, or peek around a corner, when In game, the time is 2am in the morning, you are still shot, and killed.

At one point I even tried to speak to a group who were patrolling, asking if a S2M fight was fine. They agree'd, only to S2K everyone around me, and then sprinting in my dirrection, withought taking cover or anything. My guess was the sprinting randomly at me, was too get closer, so a S2K could be used. I ended up sprinting away.

In short, for my terribly long rant, OTA should take more cover, and have fire fights from acrosst the street, not rush up to anyone and shoot them to death, from long, or short distances. Also, take into the time of day. In night, you might want to use your flashlights, as we will need ours to.
Dave Woods - Field Medic
-OUTLANDS-

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 03:44:23 PM »
A problem I notice, is people get mad if the labs would be Alliance only, or allowing others inside, we can't win.

Also, we spend a lot of time in the labs, rp'ing different things for hours. It's when OTA camps outside the door, and anyone who takes a step outside the door is S2K'ed.

The labs has much rp value, and I do not mind it getting shot at, or rp'ed with. It's only if we are constently raided and killed that I have a problem with.

We spent atleast 2 weeks withought even 1 OTA on, and maybe a chopper, but recently, OTA have been on everyday (like they should) but have been shooting to kill everyone and everything. Even if you hide in a bush, or in a tree, or peek around a corner, when In game, the time is 2am in the morning, you are still shot, and killed.

At one point I even tried to speak to a group who were patrolling, asking if a S2M fight was fine. They agree'd, only to S2K everyone around me, and then sprinting in my dirrection, withought taking cover or anything. My guess was the sprinting randomly at me, was too get closer, so a S2K could be used. I ended up sprinting away.

In short, for my terribly long rant, OTA should take more cover, and have fire fights from acrosst the street, not rush up to anyone and shoot them to death, from long, or short distances. Also, take into the time of day. In night, you might want to use your flashlights, as we will need ours to.
OTA snipers will have a high chance of hitting you, OTA need more activity thats why I myself have been scheduling patrol's.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal