Author Topic: Missing content? Have a bunch of errors and textures missing now? Read!  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tc1HJKJ1jA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tc1HJKJ1jA</a>

That video shows the method to updating HL2,Ep1, and Ep2 to SteamPipe content.

Offline Akise-Kun

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm having problems with addons, my /garrysmod/garrysmod has been renamed to /garrysmod/garrysmod_old and when I join the server it says I have to download the maps and content even though I have it.

Just found found this, Gmod is no longer located here:

C://program files/steam/steamapps/[USERNAME]/garrysmod

And now it's here

C://program files/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:42:48 PM by Akise-Kun »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm having problems with addons, my /garrysmod/garrysmod has been renamed to /garrysmod/garrysmod_old and when I join the server it says I have to download the maps and content even though I have it.

Look in steamapps/common instead. It should be there now.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline ?Vakarian

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Look in steamapps/common instead. It should be there now.

Not for everyone. Quite a few people still have it in their username folder and no Garry's Mod folder in their common at all. My self included, yet Garry's Mod works fine. I didn't have to re-download anything or transfer anything across, since there was nothing to transfer to. The only issue I had was Counter Strike Source stuff not working.

It may just be a coincidence, but I've asked quite a few people about this already and the people who seem to NOT have it in the Common folder are those from the UK. Everyone who said they have it in the common folder now are not in the UK. May just be a coincidence, though. Sounds daft, really.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm not in the UK, and I don't have it in my common folder either. I just replied to him with that answer, seeing as he couldn't find his folder in the old place.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline ?Vakarian

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There we go, then. It was just a coincidence. It's strange how some people's folders are not where they should be... Do we know why?

Offline Akise-Kun

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There we go, then. It was just a coincidence. It's strange how some people's folders are not where they should be... Do we know why?
We'll wait for another update by garry

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal