Author Topic: OCRP2 Bugfix 12.1  (Read 5881 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
OCRP2 Bugfix 12.1
« on: June 02, 2013, 10:11:32 PM »
Bugfix 12.1 was just added to the servers. The following is the list of changes:

- Fixed suit zoom. Now will work when in your inventory and will not work when droped.
- Fixed physgun colors not always working
- Modified the admin disguise system partially.
- Updated a few car scripts (ask FearlessWarren for the list)
- Upped the price of the Skyline with the speed update on it
- Nerfed hydrolics and nitro on cars
- Fixed radio stations
- Fixed FSA ban system issuing random points and giving seconds in the reported time
- Hopefully fixed lua spam that was brought on by update 12
- Hopefully fixed effect issue with lotto winners.
- Fixed towtrucks getting a error when repairing cars, and fixed the need for the towtrucks to be away from the NPC.

Please report any bugs in the bug report section. This will be applied to the server shortly. When the scoreboard version says 12.1 it is applied.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:25:04 PM by OCRP2 Update ?Bugfix? 12.1 »

Offline MOOcow

• MOO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP2 Bugfix 12.1
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 10:29:33 PM »
When will bodies be able to respawn while being dragged again? That was the dumbest addition I've ever seen.

I've seen people knock people out with their fists, then just hold them and drag them all the way to car dealer from nexus, just so they couldn't respawn.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 10:34:24 PM »
When will bodies be able to respawn while being dragged again? That was the dumbest addition I've ever seen.

I've seen people knock people out with their fists, then just hold them and drag them all the way to car dealer from nexus, just so they couldn't respawn.
Call an admin.

Anyway, the hopeful lua spam fix didnt work. Added another check into the file to help prevent it, gunna wait to restart it tho.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 11:15:41 PM »

Thanks for ruining the point of sports cars.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 11:17:28 PM »

Thanks for ruining the point of sports cars.
I dont see how they're ruined. They still drive real fast without nitro and hydros on a sports car? Really?

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 11:28:18 PM »
Nitro wasn't really even nerfed. The hydraulics were nerfed because they are ASTHETIC and not JUMPGRADES.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 03:22:43 AM »

Call an admin.

Anyway, the hopeful lua spam fix didnt work. Added another check into the file to help prevent it, gunna wait to restart it tho.
Couldn't you make it so you can drag a body for max 20 secs or so. It's plenty of time to get them away from a crime scene or so :)

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 11:09:04 AM »
You ever heard "it ain't broke don't fix it?" Perfect example almost ever player and friend I asked liked how it was. Only person who disagreed was fearless and I guess you and statua, still minority. Don't see why everyone has to suffer because you personally didn't like it.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 11:17:26 AM »
I want a playable ROLEPLAY game. When you have numerous cars the people ABUSE the hydraulics of it ruins the game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »
Thanks for admitting you yourself wanted it and didn't think about others.

also when is it ever abused? Besides the mini I see people messing around only in private areas.
karma  your one of the very few that want it, there was no reason other than your personal thoughts to do this.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 12:24:25 PM »
did i say that i did it for myself? no. i said i want a roleplay experience. OCRP is based on real life to a major degree, and having cars that jump feet into the air defeats that. And just because you haent seen any cars but the mini that had bad hydraulics does not mean there wasnt any others.

Not many cars were even affected, most still operate near the same. Only like 4-5 cars were majorly affected. And only the atv was really changed when it comes to nitro.

Now, since you are just bitching and have yet to mention even ONE car that may have been nerfed too much, I kindly ask you to stop the bitching. If you have a suggestion, go make it. Otherwise I kindly ask you to quitt bitching and if you have nothing constructive to add to this thread to get out. And if you continue bitching I will remove you not so kindly.

People seem to forget that developers are people as well, we are not infallable. We are here to make the gamemode better and get rid of the bugs and things that cause issues. Deveopers can make mistakes. Hell, we DO make mistakes. And I will freely admit to that. Yes, some cars may have been nerfed a little too much, but developers rely on CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK to modify it, not the bitching that everyone seems to do.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 12:32:45 PM »
I completely understand that you are a 'person,' I even made a suggestion to add a rule to help you guys out because I felt people treated you wrongly.
Now onto topic, the Lambo was nerfed way too much, the Reventon. Before it went maybe two feet at most in the air, now it does nothing. When I used my car I got stuck on a patch of grass in the old town and the hydraulics barley moved me. I had to get out and do a /me pushes car and use a prop.
  Theres your constructive feedback, and I got another which is don't change stuff without a community wide vote. I loved that you made the poll for TDM cars,  not much debate there but it was better than if you just changed it.
Or maybe not a vote, just make a suggestion like everyone else. Otherwise that shows that you are elite, which isn't the CG way.

This is why I don't like text, shows no emotion. I am not mad Karma, first post was right after I found out and was annoyed but today I am mellow, no need to be mean.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7M6Lxl63Ng
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:50:27 PM by [S-ZPS] Fuzzykitty [EC] »

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 12:33:39 PM »
You ever heard "it ain't broke don't fix it?" Perfect example almost ever player and friend I asked liked how it was. Only person who disagreed was fearless and I guess you and statua, still minority. Don't see why everyone has to suffer because you personally didn't like it.

Your honestly the only one ive seen complaining about the hydraulics. Realistically cars don't go jumping around. Don't like it then make a topic in the suggestions to up the power of hydraulics and leave it at that. If there is enough support then it may or may not be added again. People do abuse it and perhaps yourve only seen it in private areas there are plenty of time people were just jumping around in the middle of the city.

It is a semi serious server.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 12:54:03 PM »
You guys need to realize what is actually realistic, and what is best for the roleplay way we are trying to make this.

You want to have unrealistic hydraulics because it's funny. To make a realistic gamemode, we need to remove such things. You can't just have everything you want. I'm sure you would want unlimited money, but that wouldn't make the game realistic.

Try to be happy with what we are working on, and create for you, instead of getting upset over small changes that barely matters when you see the game as a whole.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 03:04:07 PM »
A game/gamemode with 90%-100% community decisions isn't going to thrive. There will be too many disagreements on what should be added/removed. I prefer games where the developers make many of the decisions. That way it stays on track for its intended purpose.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal