Author Topic: Evidence  (Read 5336 times)

Offline Sprite Can

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Evidence
« on: June 02, 2013, 03:30:33 PM »
I think it should be fair that all the admins should take into account about voice chat. Sure their can be written evidence, but what about voice? I know it doesn't come to mind at first but if you got good evidence on text, I think people should confirm it first. I use this http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=25257.0 as an example to this. The one who banned me didn't even take an account to voice chat.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Evidence
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 03:40:11 PM »
How should the administrators know what was said in voice chat? You don't have any evidence to prove that the ban was wrong, or what you said via voice chat changes what happened?
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Sprite Can

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 03:43:06 PM »
I'm not saying that they should know, I'm saying that they should think about voice chat. And if there is problems like this in this server, voice chat might as well be disabled. Because it really pisses me off when you can get banned for something you say in text but not in voice because of "lack of evidence." Also I am not trying to change what happened. I am trying to make the consequence right.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:48:33 PM by Subtle Demon »

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 03:54:13 PM »
I'm not saying that they should know, I'm saying that they should think about voice chat. And if there is problems like this in this server, voice chat might as well be disabled. Because it really pisses me off when you can get banned for something you say in text but not in voice because of "lack of evidence"

This is clearly a product of your ban- as seen through the PMs you sent to me. On the note of your ban, even if the player in question had said something to you- you would still be in the wrong.

On the note of the thread, we do take voice into account when it is recorded and shown.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline Sprite Can

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 03:57:04 PM »
This is clearly a product of your ban- as seen through the PMs you sent to me. On the note of your ban, even if the player in question had said something to you- you would still be in the wrong.

On the note of the thread, we do take voice into account when it is recorded and shown.

In the wrong for what? Defending myself against someone else threating to post a ban request on me. Or maybe trying to keep everyone in the police force happy by trying to keep someone from yelling SHUT THE FUCK UP over the mic while we try to RP. You must know what its like to keep everything in check without wronging yourself since your an admin. And also when you said I was blackmailing, please enlighten me what I was blackmailing of. I'm not complaining about my ban, I just want the truth to be known
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:07:28 PM by Subtle Demon »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »
Let me just requote what Brandon put in your BA:

"05/19/13 16:39:38   John Apple (E-Mossad-F8 - STEAM_0:1:7419952) said: /radio can we please have some radio silence
05/19/13 16:40:20   Leon LaFayette (Subtle the Drunk Demo Bunny - STEAM_0:0:33091306) said: /radio John another outrage like that and I will demote you
05/19/13 16:41:16   Leon LaFayette (Subtle the Drunk Demo Bunny - STEAM_0:0:33091306) said: /radio If you place a ban request on me, I got plenty of shit on you, so you can shut your pretty little mouth
05/19/13 16:41:50   Leon LaFayette (Subtle the Drunk Demo Bunny - STEAM_0:0:33091306) said: /radio So incase you got your balls in a knot, I suggest you keep your trap shut john"

If you think your ban was unfair, then you should have kept your cool and recorded his voice saying these things to you.  Voice does not show up in logs, and the server does not record everything that was said in voice chat.  The fact that you provided no evidence that the person in question made these threats is not our fault whatsoever, so please stop blaming us for your lack of foresight.  Also, as for what you said earlier:

"You must know what its like to keep everything in check without wronging yourself since your an admin."

There is a concrete line between administrating and blackmailing.  If someone threatens to post an AC on me because I banned them or aren't kowtowing to their every demand, I let them.  The worst thing you can do is to give them ammunition to use against you.  However, the fact that you were getting defensive probably means that the person in question DID have evidence against you, and he would be banned with you as well if we had as concrete evidence against him as we do you.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 08:01:47 PM »
Let me just requote what Brandon put in your BA:

"05/19/13 16:39:38   John Apple (E-Mossad-F8 - STEAM_0:1:7419952) said: /radio can we please have some radio silence
05/19/13 16:40:20   Leon LaFayette (Subtle the Drunk Demo Bunny - STEAM_0:0:33091306) said: /radio John another outrage like that and I will demote you
05/19/13 16:41:16   Leon LaFayette (Subtle the Drunk Demo Bunny - STEAM_0:0:33091306) said: /radio If you place a ban request on me, I got plenty of shit on you, so you can shut your pretty little mouth
05/19/13 16:41:50   Leon LaFayette (Subtle the Drunk Demo Bunny - STEAM_0:0:33091306) said: /radio So incase you got your balls in a knot, I suggest you keep your trap shut john"

If you think your ban was unfair, then you should have kept your cool and recorded his voice saying these things to you.  Voice does not show up in logs, and the server does not record everything that was said in voice chat.  The fact that you provided no evidence that the person in question made these threats is not our fault whatsoever, so please stop blaming us for your lack of foresight.  Also, as for what you said earlier:

"You must know what its like to keep everything in check without wronging yourself since your an admin."

There is a concrete line between administrating and blackmailing.  If someone threatens to post an AC on me because I banned them or aren't kowtowing to their every demand, I let them.  The worst thing you can do is to give them ammunition to use against you.  However, the fact that you were getting defensive probably means that the person in question DID have evidence against you, and he would be banned with you as well if we had as concrete evidence against him as we do you.
I am going to say this, when this guy was yelling STFU over and over again over the radio, I was either SS or cop, I cannot remember.  But, as to what happend, Yes, Leon did say that, simply because the guy kept doing it, he was demoted then joined other jobs just to do it again.  I don't recall his name but leon was simply defending himself against him in the manner that he was flaming.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 08:04:58 PM »
Again, unless you can prove with screenshots/videos that the person in question was flaming, nothing will be done.  If this thread continues to go no where, I will simply lock it.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »
Again, unless you can prove with screenshots/videos that the person in question was flaming, nothing will be done.  If this thread continues to go no where, I will simply lock it.
Add something on here to record voice maybe?  Not everyone is ready to record something like that off the bat.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Sprite Can

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 08:11:33 PM »
I don't recall his name but leon was simply defending himself against him in the manner that he was flaming.

It was john apple.

If you think your ban was unfair, then you should have kept your cool and recorded his voice saying these things to you.

You act like everyone has recording software ready and waiting whenever they play a game as if they are ready to catch a rule breaker.

The fact that you provided no evidence that the person in question made these threats is not our fault whatsoever, so please stop blaming us for your lack of foresight.
I never said I blamed you guys, I simply want the truth to be known. I HATE being called something I am not.

There is a concrete line between administrating and blackmailing.

I am pretty sure I wasn't comparing between blackmailing and administrating. I was comparing between administrating and what is right or wrong.

However, the fact that you were getting defensive probably means that the person in question DID have evidence against you, and he would be banned with you as well if we had as concrete evidence against him as we do you.
I doubt he did have evidence. Anyway I merely was looking to shut him up for good when I said

I did this to preserve the gameplay of others.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:15:10 PM by Subtle Demon »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 08:19:01 PM »
Let me just say, on behalf of the administration here at Catalyst Gaming, that we are not omnipotent.  We only know what logs tell us, and the evidence against you is concrete. 

Also, doing unto others as they have done unto you never solves anything.  You should have kept your cool and called an admin.  If an admin is not/was not available, then record.  If you cannot figure out how to record, then either get someone who does or just ignore him.  Flamers and trolls only exist because people feed them.  Anyways, this thread has gone on long enough and no evidence to support your claims has been posted.  I'm locking this as I see no reason to keep it open.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal