Author Topic: Jonathan Welsh's Logs.  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jonathan Welsh's Logs.
« on: February 03, 2012, 03:44:00 AM »

Jonathan Welsh's Logs.       

We made it.

Through the canals, through the ambushes, all the hardships. We made it. Though I have lost many friends since I first escaped, this will make it all worth it.

Or so I thought when I first left.

We found an old bunker at the end of our journey, which naturally the Alliance claimed. Along with the Alliance, us that remain of the clinic are allowed to stay within the bunker, much to the chagrin of the refugees.

They can't seem to understand our supply problem, thinking we have tons of food and weapons, demanding to get in, but not so much to become violent. I think that would only be natural for people that have so little, to look up at us with a veil of security and wish to become a part of us. Little do they know that veil hides our true beings, we are really just like they. We sit in the bunker, helping those we can, and yet they still want to stay, although we cannot let them.

Reminding myself of all those who can all but fight to get in, I feel lucky that Kira and Grim struck a deal to let us stay, and set up a new clinic in the bunker, but enough of that for now. This land is beautiful, you could look across the trees and canyons and be reminded of the reason we fight to be free. I can't help but be reminded of home in California, so many oceans and miles away.

This land seems to be swarming with people now, people I have never seen before, they inhabit the canyon below the base and you can plainly see the fires of their camps light up the night, some claim to have escaped from nearby cities, and others seem to have followed the path we came. I can't help but feel sorry for them, while I sit here writing in this bunker, and they sit outside, exposed to snipers, soldiers, and things you cannot think of.

It is still a suprise to me that we found this place, with working lights, generators, even some running water. It is so great, but how is it? How did the Combine just forget about this place? They seem to have given up so easily when we came through the canyon. They could have wiped us all out. I should talk to leonard later, the Combine could have one to such a length as to bug this place, or wire it to explode.

Enough about my worries, now about my day. I got a new job at the clinic today, I need to scavenge supplies from the landscape, for the bunker to survive on, I bet if we found the right supplies, we could even grow our own food. But that is a far way off, we still need a stable food source, like livestock or some naturally growing grain or corn. It seems unlikely in a land out here in the middle of nowhere. I found barely anything in the outlying buildings, it is clear to me now, that I need to head out further if we will be able to sustain ourselves based on what me and the other scavengers find.

Seeing the good that the rest of the clinic's staff does, I might ask Kira or one of the other doctors to give me some rudimentary medical training, so I could save lives like they do. I should ask tomarrow.

But now, I should get some sleep.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jonathan Welsh's Logs.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »
Jonathan Welsh's Log.

Day 2.

First day of scavenging, and I have been lucky so far, I found a few handfuls of rusty bullets in the river and even a carton of 12 gauge shotgun shells! I, as usual offered some to the Alliance, seeing as I didn't have a shotgun, but they told me that they have enough ammunition at the moment.

So I decided to check out the lake, seeing as everybody has been saying it is the most beutiful thing you can see out here. And it was. The lake flowed from the top of the mountains and went down a waterfall into the canyon where it formed a small river where most of the refugees that couldn't settle in the bunker had gone. i decided to take a short nap aside the lake, not knowing what was happening just on the cliff above me.

I would soon find out, much to my own dismay.

I woke up suddenly, to three shots, not loud enough to be a rifle, I think it might have been a pistol. Anyway, I decided to trek up the cliff to see what happened. I decided to take the scenic route, seeing as it was only the early morning. I walked back down, and took the road and the tunnel across to Outcast territory, and I walked up through the town and only the open field where I heard the shots.

I was shocked by what I had found.

Cannibals.

I do not know how in the hell they got here, if they infiltrated the convoy, if they simply followed us, tantalized by the thought of so many people in one place, I wouldn't be suprised if they even told the Combine where we were going in exchange for help getting there.
A whole camp, around four or five people, dead. Blood and body parts everywhere. They must have suprise attacked them, or worse, this was a cannibal camp! I took a quick look around, found another carton of ammunition, and ran away. As fast as I could, I ran back to the bunker, but I could not bring myself to describe what I had seen.

They probably would not have believed me. That scene will be forever burned into my memory, I fear.

I must find a way to warn everybody later. They're having some problems with the bunker, I'll see if I can help in any way.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:52:10 PM by Riemer »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:31:57 AM »
Nice reads, keep them up pls : D
o7

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 05:03:37 AM »
I'll get back to developing Jonathan in the coming days when I'm not preoccupied with my NOVA unit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal