Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Phillip Welsh's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED] Phillip Welsh's Civil Authority Application
« on: January 16, 2012, 10:42:13 AM »
Phillip Welsh's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Riemer

IC Character Name: Phillip Welsh

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Phillip Welsh led a life of interest after stepping off the train into City 45. At first, along with everyone else, he was suspicious,
he was scared, he felt threatened and he hated the Universal Union on an unprecedented level, he would talk with others about how they
might be able to resist, but as the years went by, he saw resistance movements come and go, but the power of the Union would remain.
He could no longer count the number of friends he had seen killed on the streets for a cause he was starting to doubt. Day in and day
out he would see more men and women dragged into the nexus, screaming. Never to be seen or heard from again, except as charred,
mutilated and tortured corpses. He did now know at the time that through weeks of poisoned drinks and propaganda that his opinions
would change so much.

One Month Later.

A small brunette woman enters an apartment on the third story of a dark brown building down a dark, cobblestone street, the interior
of the room is dark, pieces of wood are exposed in the walls and furniture is sparse, save for a small, heavily torn couch on which a
tall, black haired man sits, watching the streets below through a fist-sized hole in the wall. He then turns around at the sound of
the door shutting.

"Oh, hello Rebecca."

The girl sets down a small bag on a table.

"Good morning Phillip, I'm back from the Distribution center, you can have my second ration, I can't swallow this shit anymore."

'I find it funny that it's a so called 'privilege' of the CWU to eat more of that stuff."

The woman pulls out two sets of rations, tossing one set to Phillip, and the other into the small mini-fridge on the far side of the

room.

"Yeah, But that's why I joined Buisness Division, you get much better food, I even had lemonade the other day, can you believe that?"

Phillip sighs, trying to remember the last time he has tasted the sweet liquid that he could barely remember now.

"You know Rebecca, I've been thinking."

"Yeah? About what?"

"About the CCA. I'm thinking about joining, but then I remember what they have done, but then I think about the UU's purpose here, and, I just don't know."

"I was thinking about it too Phillip, it would be nice to be in it together but, it is a big decision."

Phillip, finishing the small can of food, stands up, and starts for the door.

"Where are you going Phllip?"

"I'm going to go for a walk."

Rebecca turns to ask further, but Phillip is already gone.

Present Day.

Much has gone down since Phillip has become incarcerated in the global system of Union Metroplexes, he has had opinions from one
extreme to another, but the Union's propaganda, literature, and the food he is sustained upon, has kept him in the moral service of the
Union. Phillip now spent his days with a copy of The Counter-Criticism in his apartment, and a Loyalist armband
around his arm. Phillip has seen many of his friends eventually join the ranks of the CCA, including his good friends and roommate
Rebecca. This combined with the instilling of Universal Union philosophy into his very soul has made it his goal to join his friends
and serve his benefactors in the ranks of the Combine Civil Authority.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Phillip Welsh has had most if not all rebelliousness quelled in him from constant UU propaganda and literature.
This has also instilled in him a sense of honor and duty in service of the Universal Union.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
About two or three weeks ago, I lost my other unit by doing something incredibly stupid and lying to an admin about it afterward,
since then I have found myself patrolling the streets like I had on my unit, and wishing that I didn't screw up and still had 493. I
am also thankful that I was not blacklisted from the CCA altogether as well, but I am truly sorry, not that by that sentence alone you

shall forget what I have done.
All I want to do is get back to the cameraderie, the excitement, even the drama of having a CCA character here on CG.
I expect the life hasn't changed much in the brief time that I have gone, he standard directives, the constant bustle of activity of
units going through their daily routines, and even the occasional UCH sweep would break the comparable silence of life in the CCA.
I expect there to be a lot more work to do now that I am starting out fresh, and I will try my best to tackle it head on and try my best to clear my name.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

Phillip Welsh was born in the British town of Liverpool in April of 1985 to two loving parents and three grandparents. Phillip had a
childhood that could only be described as normal, until he had found his passion, cooking. Phillip would often be seen after school
cooking delicious meals at a resturaunt owned by one of his friend's parents. Phillip's parents were concerned about him making a
living, and, knowing that he had been doing great in high school, wanted him to become a doctor. Phillip would eventually make it
through high school, setting his sights on being a doctor like his parents wanted him to become. Shortly after getting through his
first year of medical school, Phillip's parents were killed in a car accident. Knowing that Phillip could not pay tuition by himself
he decided to try and become a chef, a decision that would unknowingly save his life later.
Phillip worked hard at a local four-star resturaunt in Liverpool, the one that he had seen in high school which ignited his passion
for cooking. Phillip excelled in the kitchen, which made him a local legend in Liverpool. This also gave him a significant amount of
money, which neither he nor anybody else could have forseen. Phillip later bought a house in the suburbs, moving out of the house he
had lived in for his whole life. Phillip would eventually move on to become the most well-known chef in Liverpool.

The 7 Hour War
Phillip, trying his best to keep his returaunt in buisness during the shortage of food and the martial law of the modern day, would
eventually lose his house and his livelihood, living now in a camp filled with the thousands of displaced from town and the villiages
beyond, now infested by alien creatures. Life would be tough for Phillip in the time before the invasion, but he would get by crafting
tasty food from what rations were given to the populace. After a few weeks, Phillip awoke to see a crowd of people up and looking at
the sky, he looked up and rubbed his eyes to see what appeared to be a British jet chasing some sort of aircraft, it looked strange,
having a large rotor like a helicopter except a body like some sort of fish. The jet and the unidentified aircraft circled the
horizon, unit two streaks of light shot out from the fighter jet, heading for the other aircraft. The aircraft turned over and in a
brillian spectacle of aerobatics shot down both missiles with some sort of cannon that shot blue flame. The crowd watching cheered,
Phillip included, seeming to think all of this was a fireworks display. But then suddenly, the fighter jet's left engine burst into
flames, and made a steep descent towards the town. The citizens in the town screamed in peril, running towards every point of the
compass, until the plane crash-landed right into the hospital. Everyone ran towards the wreckage, trying to dig any survivors out, but
they could find nothing but bodies and rubble. Gunfire suddenly erupted from all sides of the city, along with indescribable screams
and whines coming from massive dark brown tripods that seemed to disentigrate any tank or APC that was unfortunate enough to happpen
upon it. Phillip and the other remaining people and soldiers gathered in an apartment building at the south end of the city, and heard
a loud voice call from outside.

"Attention Block Residents, this City is now under the control of the Universal Union. Exit the apartment block to begin citizenship procedures. Inaction will result in off-world relocation."

Phillip thought this would be the end, but it turned out to be a whole new beginning.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I started out on my old character around 3 or 4 months ago, and I eventually worked my way up to 02 rank, working hard through all the

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
I have played roleplay servers ever since I started playing Garry's Mod, which I have played for over 1014 hours total.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
I have played on serious servers for over a year now, when I first joined Slidefuse and got interested in the gamemode.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I have played on Catalyst Gaming for over four months now.

4. What Time zone are you in?
I live in California, PST, which is GMT -8.

5. In what country do you live?
USA

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable experiance was on my late unit 493, during my time as an 04, I accompanied the GRID DvL during a rebel attack on the RDT on City 18.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
I cannot speak for myself, but I think I am.

IC Section

Full Name: Phillip Welsh
CID: 98290
Height: 6/2
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 120
Mental Distinctions: Persistant.
Mental Defects: Faint OCD Symptoms.
Mental Advantages: Incorruptable
Notable Qualities: Some Medical Training.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have not defied the Union so far and I do not plan to.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am willing to give my life for what the Union has done for us and our world.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to join the ranks of the Combine Civil Authority to honor those who have fell protecting our society against those who truly do not want peace and harmony for our planet.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Phillip Welsh hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:57:42 PM by Veran120 »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Phillip Welsh's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »
I typed this all up on notepad before I posted it which made it all strung-out. Sorry if this makes me seem like I am trying to make it look bigger than it is.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 11:13:02 AM »
 You can edit this using the 'Modify' button near 'Reply' on the quote. Fix a few errors and such, then send it in for the admins to read abit better.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »
Thanks man.

Fixed, and edited the conversation a bit to make it more relevant. If there are any more problems feel free to tell me.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:43:43 PM by 16.Pz-Pio.Riemer »

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:48:05 PM »
UNIT: 58466
DIVISION: Universal Union
CLEARANCE: 58466
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Phillip Welsh
Citizen Identification Number: 98290

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| RCT.357 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting UU.C45.SeC.58466
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:58:51 PM by Veran120 »
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal