Author Topic: The chronicles of Dr. Chloe Shefield. (Outlands)  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Thor ?? ??¢ ??? ?² ?©

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The chronicles of Dr. Chloe Shefield. (Outlands)
« on: April 27, 2012, 08:27:04 PM »
// All of this is IC unless marked as not being IC, or being preceded with "//". Please do not read this and metagame using it. If you are confused, reading this thread will explain a lot. (Notice to the man I was speaking with, I had to cut our whole conversation and void it as the server went down, and stayed down. I decided to post Day one and stop at a previous point.)
// *******
// These logs are not in game, at all, so no character can ever see them unless they a. decrypt the radio upload once it occurs, or b. Steals the PDA and finds it. In that case, they would have to break the 128-bit NSF encryption on the thumbprint/password, which is unlikely. Or you could have been shown this, but other wise, it is all IC info that no character would know about, excluding if you are in the story because she saw/talked to you. Please refrain from metagaming, as it is against the rules. Enjoy the story though.

===========IC STARTS HERE===============================

ROOT=/ (HD0,5)                                 [OK]
SYSTEM MOUNTED                                 [OK]
ONBOARD DEVICES CHECK                           [OK]
NETWORK CONNECTIVITY                           [FAIL]
--   NO CONNECTION PRESENT, CODE 7 –
MODULES... LOADED                              [OK]
SYSTEM START AT (00:00:00)
--   NO TIMESERVER CONNECTED, CODE 7 –
*******************OS LOADED, WELCOME TO THINKTRONICS V7.1******************
TIME: UNKNOWN, DAY-TIME
*******************PLEASE ENTER YOUR CREDENTIALS NOW***************************
USER: CSHEFIELD
PASSWORD: ********************
...Authentication Successful...
CSHEFIELD ~$: docedit /E2U2/DAY1.log
[DOCEDIT: OPEN SUCCESSFUL]
Day 1:
   I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it was a pretty long tunnel, I'd say at least 25 km. Not too much farther till the end. I've still yet to see a car come by, but it may because I am out in what appears to be the country, considering I did see a forest before entering the tunnel. I think this will lead to the city. As I reach the end of the tunnel, I can see what lies beyond; another tunnel right ahead and a sign next to a road that branches off. The walls are made of rock and I think I am in a canyon, not a city. There are trees that are like before, and I snagged some pictures of them for the next upload.
//Just in case it doesn't load
I approach the brown highway and the sign says “Beles Town -->”. Maybe now I can find civilization. I walk up the roadway, just following the road listening for signs of people. So far I just hear forest animals like birds, and the trees gently blowing in the wind. I notice what appears to be a fire. Let's approach the site with caution. It's a little off the road, but it contains a campfire, some kind of crude cooking area, and two roofs made of sheet metal, held up with small wooden sticks. Crude, but I suppose it's effective. I checked the dirt and there are no fresh tracks, or any tracks at all. After inspecting the site, I decided to head back onto the small road. I might as well check out this town. There is a fenced off edge towards a bend in the road, I tried to peer past the logs and tree, but I couldn't see much. It all looked like sky to me. I checked my PDA, and I have 3 days left to contact them. There were network errors, code 7. The satellite has not pinpointed me just yet, as the tunnel must have blocked the signal. It should work soon. I hope. I notice some strange contraption up ahead on the road.
// Just in case it doesn't load
It looks like a crude windmill. It looks like a crudely nailed wooden structure is holding up a large blade, but there are no wires coming out, perhaps it is not for power? It is confusing. On the other side I see stop signs attached to the edges, and papers. It was some letter insulting people? It was signed “SHADOW”. No idea what it is on about, and some words I do not recognize. I read another paper, it talks about some station that provides gas. Signed “Lara Helms”. Not sure what a “Gas Station” is. I finally come across the town. It looks more like a hamlet, as it only has a few buildings. I see wires going across some of them, so perhaps there is electricity here. I come across some.. Shrine?
It has a strange head-like organic structure and some pots, cans, bottles, and a baby doll on the floor. The paper reads like a tombstone. It is not signed. I find this building with two metal things outside. They say “Summa Kron Volym Liter”.  It says “Petrol” on the bottom. Never heard of that word. The inside is bare, and there is a light bulb on the ceiling. No switch in sight. The next building has some more foreign symbols that vaguely look like letters. It is fairly empty, and looks like a storage facility. This building has a lit light bulb! There must be some power generator here. Inside there are a set of tires, this confirms what I already know, in that they have automobiles of some kind. I continue down the road, and find the next building. The first thing I notice is an antenna on the roof. This is good; it tells me they have radios, or some kind of radio.  The first door I try is locked, or blocked. I go towards the window, and see some device inside. It has a red light. It's a radio, and I can hear something from it.
I find the transmitter switch, and toggle it. The light turns green. I hear nothing, but I might as well speak into it. “Ave viator reverta in pace” I speak. I wait for a response. As I wait, I notice the dials are tuned to “133.5”. After waiting a good five minutes, and nothing responds. I switch the transmitter off, and continue investigating the building. I will come back to the radio later. I notice a lit fireplace, with some furniture in place. Cozy. If it's lit, someone had to have been here recently. Most doors appear to be blocked, and there was this one dark, empty room. Upstairs there is a room with three beds, and a couch. Otherwise, this building is empty. I decided now is a good time to sleep, as I am tired. I plop myself onto a bed, and fall asleep.
~EOF~

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The chronicles of Dr. Chloe Shefield. (Outlands)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 04:22:22 PM »
//OMG IM IN THIS! IM SHADOW :D :D :D

Just tell Chloe not to go near hi- Oh wait, you can't... good luck >:)
im bach

Offline [WB] SDS Bandy [CO] [15th]

• What is blood if not for shedding? -TheCandyMan
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 07:41:47 PM »
I like it.

5% for postwhorish type post. Add detail to your posts in future.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:52:12 PM by JiggerFrizz »

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 07:49:10 PM »
I like it.

// ^ Obvious shitpost and postwhore, warning, admins?

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »
// Oh my god, no updates of Dr.Chloe over a month? Damn it! She is still alive right?!
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline Egf_Adam

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 07:21:39 AM »
// I really enjoy this, it's very well written. PErsonally I cant wait for you to meet Beans,Beef,and meaty XD//
"If horses could draw, they would draw their gods like horses." - Xenophanes

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal