Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] George Franklin's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1164 times)

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED] George Franklin's Civil Authority Application
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:12:24 AM »
George Franklin's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Mooch

IC Character Name: George Franklin

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
       When George was brought to Newark, New Jersey. He witnessed crimes everyday, these crime were horrible. Murder, home invasions, and mugging. As he was growing up he wanted to become a police officer and help stop these low life scum. As soon as he was old enough to join, the war started. Now after the war and living in City 45, he wanted to join the CCA. It was much harder then becoming a police officer back then, but he knew he had to give it a try.

George Franklin currently cleans the roads, hands out some food, and helps citizens around. He wants to do more then this, he wants to stop the crime that happens when the CCA aren't around. George usually spends his day walking around and helping, but this day was different. He saw a man being beaten and mugged in D2. He knew there wasn't enough time to get to the CP and come back in time.

The man just stared at him and ran off. He went up to the man on the floor helped him out and brought him to the CWU emergency hospital. George knew that was it and he couldn't take it anymore. He wanted to stop scum like that and protect these loyal citizens.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Loyal, hardworking, polite, and intelligent.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
        I am expecting the CCA to be a different, but fun role play experience. I will be getting authority over the citizens, but I will still have to listen to the ranks above me. As a citizen you don't do much, you are usually walking around, talking to other citizens, and helping out once and a while. I know there are a lot of things you can do as a citizen, but the CCA will give me authority and a new type of role play.

George expects it to be hard, but worth it. He knows if he gets in he can do what he always wanted, help. He knows there will be tons of training and it won't take one minute to finish. It will be the roughest time of his life, but it will be worth it in the end.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
   George Franklin and his brother were born in Minnesota, USA. When George Franklin and his brother,  were born they was abandoned by their mother and left at the  St. Josephs Orphanage. She left a note with them when they were brought to the orphanage saying their real names and her name. During his time at the orphanage, he spent most of his days playing with his brother and staying out of trouble. When they turned 8, his brother was adopted and George didn't know what to do. He cried all day and night for the past week. He eventually just let it be and decided that his brother was going to a home, where he would be loved by his new parents.

George knew he would be adopted soon, and wanted to leave this orphanage. Two years later, when George was 10, he was adopted. His new parents were young and treated George like he was their own son. George moved with them to Newark, New Jersey, where he spent the next nine years of his life. During the duration of the nine years, George spent most of his time at school and work. He worked with his father at the gym they owned.

He was a trainer, but he usually just trained with young children. He taught them how they could protect themselves against criminals, and even bullies. In Newark, the crime rate was high. George would witness people being beaten and even mugged everyday. That is why he decided to train young children. When George turned 17, he found himself wanting to something better and something that would pay more. He found RKLA, or  Relici-Kovalchuk Loan Associates. He was a temp here for a couple of months. Before he could even get promoted, the owner left the business and sold it.

George was forced to go back to work with his father. He knew this wasn't what he wanted, but he had no other choice. Everything went fine for the next two years, until on November 16, 2004. George just got home from work and was taking a nap on his couch. All of a sudden he woke up to the sounds of bombs dropping, and gunshots. He quickly ran outside looking for his family, in terror, he saw his father dead in the garage. He didn't know where the rest of his family was so he ran to the backyard of their house.

He hid in his shed for a while, he heard noises coming from outside. Then boom, the shed door was knocked down and George was knocked out. He didn't know how long he was knocked out, but he woke up in a weird place. He was in what looked like a jumpsuit. He looked up from where he was, and saw a sign that said District 9. It was a horrible place, men with masks watching you, barley to no food, and you couldn't sleep most of the time.

George was forced to stay here. He didn't know what was going on, but he wanted to find out. He would ask around and what was going on, usually getting the same answers. Usually they would tell him it was some kind of alien race, that was taking over Earth. He was scared, and he knew he had to survive. So George just followed all the orders and tried not to get in trouble.

After the war was over, George was transported to a place called City 18. The same thing went on here and George just tried to stay out of trouble. When he turned thirty one, he was once again transported to a new place, City 45.  Here is when George decided to just give in and become one of them. George started cleaning the streets, showing around newcomers, and would try to sell something to people who needed them most. After a week, he met this guy and he knew they were going to be good friends. The man's name was Chris Jacobs, they had the same thoughts about the city and wanted to help it even more.

They each bought an apartment at the UCH and lived there. One day they heard an announcement about talking to Dr. Kluvenslav. It was about making a difference for the city, they knew right away they had to apply. They both applied and soon enough they were both called to Nexus. He knew the where everything in the city was by now. They were brought in and talked to the doctor. They started talking to the doctor about a lot of things.

The doctor both asked what they could do to help the city. They decided they could open shops to help the citizens get what they need. After discussing all of it, the doctor decided to fund the shops and they left. They were to report to him when ever he needed an update on what was going on. After a while, George started to think, he didn't want to own the shop, or join the CWU. He wanted to help the citizens in a different way. He thought and thought, then it hit him. He would join the CCA and protect the citizens and the city. He knew it wasn't going to be easy, but he had to try.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Eleven months.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Two months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Two weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in?
EST

5. In what country do you live?
United States.

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
It was on a DarkRP server. This mysterious guy was handing out tasks for certain people. Being one of the people, me and my partner had to go around collecting signs, fruits, and doing insane tasks. After all these tasks were done, we were able to watch other players take the tasks to. Some would fail and die, others would succeed. It was really fun and I will always remember it.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
I do.

IC Section

Full Name: George Franklin
CID: 17790
Height: 5'11
Hair Colour Brown (Shaved)
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 170
Mental Distinctions: Friendly, great manners.
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: Intelligent
Notable Qualities: Brave and loyal.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, every time they are handed out.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am willing to give my life for the cause of the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will always remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the Combine Civil Authority to stop crimes happening in the city. In the past I have seen people being mugged and all I could do was call the CCA over. By the time they got there it was over, I want to be able to stop these kind of people and protect the citizens of City 45.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, George Franklin hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:50:52 AM by Globey »

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: George Franklin's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: VICE
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: George Franklin
Citizen Identification Number: 17790

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

// Just a note; CG has Combine invasion year stated as 2015, not 2004 how you have written in your backstory.

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.VICE-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING] George Franklin's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 12:42:53 AM »
UNIT: 718
DIVISION: SHIELD
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...