Author Topic: [PENDING]Nina Hermann's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Kit Kat

• View Profile
    • Awards
[PENDING]Nina Hermann's Civil Authority Application
« on: May 08, 2012, 01:41:09 AM »
Nina Hermann's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Kitkat

IC Character Name: Nina Hermann

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Nina Hermann

-

Nina's always been a smart girl throughout her upbringing in Eastern Germany. She's always had strict parents to teach her
right from wrong in life, and when the combine invasion came through and she was transferred away from her parents, she no longer
knew who to turn to for guidance in life. Feeling alone and scared, she was down creek without a paddle in a new, harsh
reality.

At first she had trouble coping with this fact, she didn't make friends well, grew a little cynical and bitter over the
state of her life in City 63. She gradually started to learn to accept these things, learning to live and sustain herself
in this new world, keeping her head low and staying off the radar.

But one day, she was suddenly getting a transfer: To City 45. The trainride was long, and she was scared and nervous.
Again, she was having everything in her life uprooted from her and thrown into a new environment. When she got off the
train, she wandered about with her suitcase a bit, until she came across two CCA units, chatting casually in front of the
Union Civil Housing. Shyly, she didn't say anything at first, just watched them, until she raised her hand to speak like a
child in a classroom. One of the Units took great amusement in this, and toured her around the city, immediately giving her
a wonderful first impression of the CCA in City 45. She decided to join to be with her new found friend, and to put herself
to work in something that seemed important, respected even.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Intelligent
Loyal
Prideful
Joker
Literal

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For my character, I think the CCA would be great for her to deal with her defects; her shyness and her immaturity. She's
only just recently, from the combine takeover last year, had to live on her own and sustain herself. Having to do so now is
hard for her. The CCA can give her discipline, trustworthy friends, and support to make her a stronger person.

For me, my boyfriend Sheo seems to spend every waking minute on the HL2RP server on his unit, 999, so he doesn't get to
spend as much time with me anymore.. So I want to join the CCA to be closer to him again, and so that I can spend time with
him doing something we both enjoy again.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
 Nina Hermann was adopted at age seven. Her foster parents were the esteemed Hermanns, not overly wealthy people yet they treated her as their own child. Papa and Momma would argue a lot about what to do with her, so they decided they would let her decide, she always had a liking for Law Enforcement and decided she would tyr out for it, of course by the time she was 22 she already was denied for not having enough life experience. The combine attack did little to aid her getting into Law Enforcement. Before she was out of highschool she had a history of being a very sarcastic and sometimes, without meaning to, a very mean person. She would get into many verbal fights and lost a lot of her friends due to her personality. In her previous city she would joke around a lot with the residents, acting like a facist and joking a lot. It earned her a few enemies so she asked for a transfer, a few months later she was sent to city 45. She had trouble with a lot of the local slang, and getting around the city for the most part.

That is, until she met a unit by the designation of 999. The unit was extremely nice to her, flattering, and a bit of a goofball. He offered to show her around, and, feeling like a shy school girl again, she let him take her on a tour of the city. The other citizens probably suddenly marked him down as a tour guide, because they started flooding around him in droves... But when they got to the District 2 HAP, everything went wrong. She heard gunshots, and a man was sprinting towards the HAP, with a Unit behind him shooting pulse rounds. She was shocked, upset even suddenly when 999 was hit. She saw him scream and crumble to the ground, watched him drag himself back up against the building, leaving a small trail of his own blood. She decided then, that he needed help. Help that she couldn’t give, when suddenly a squad of CCA Units cordoned him off, pointing guns and shouting around. She decided that she could fulfill her own dreams of Law Enforcement, and get closer to him in the same move, filling out a CCA Application after a few days of flirting with him.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About three years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
One and a half years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
About three weeks

4. What Time zone are you in?
Pacific Standard Time

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I was playing in a Fallout 3 server awhile back, and had a military character whom had created his own band of militants and fought against the super mutants, they almost won too.. It was the single most brilliant combat roleplay battle i have ever participated in

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Nina Hermann
CID: 90414
Height: 5'9
Hair Colour Dirty Blonde
Eye Colour: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 110
Mental Distinctions: Well mannered
Mental Defects: Sarcastic and literal.
Mental Advantages: Intelligent
Notable Qualities: She can be shy around people she doesn't know

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Of course

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To prove myself as someone of high worth and to maintain my own pride as a native of Germany

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Nina Hermann hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:23:24 AM by Kom??Як »

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nina Hermann's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 02:58:17 AM »
UNIT: 62110
DIVISION: ZEALOT
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Nina Hermann
Citizen Identification Number: 90414

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.ZEALOT-DvL.62110
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

OOC: I would recommend you find more social ways to spend time with your boyfriend than playing RP, however best of luck with the interview.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING]Nina Hermann's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:11:48 AM »
UNIT: 270.
DIVISION: VICE.
CLEARANCE: Officer.
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...