Author Topic: GMod RPG Development  (Read 3142 times)

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
GMod RPG Development
« on: May 18, 2012, 12:49:45 PM »
My friend and I are developing an RPG with the intention of making it an MMO for Garry's Mod for some general entertainment, but we can't do it alone.
Here are the words from Garry, the guy who's idea this was.

Dear Readers,

As you may of heard I have the intention of building an RPG within the platform of Garry's Mod.
I have a few idea's jumbled around in my head, mainly the setting and landscape, but I need your help! I am looking for some willing developers to assist me with the creation of this MMO which is yet to be named, myself and one other have already begun work on the concept and things we would like to include. If you would like to help, please don't hesitate to contact me as I will need all the help I can receive.
Ideally I require; Environment Artists, Texture Artists, Modelers, Story developers/writers, programmers & finally people with imagination and ambition.

The more help you give the better the idea and possibly the outcome will be.

Regards,

Garry Preston

Steam: freefall1103
Email: gpreston93@gmail.com

Hope a few of you could be of some help.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Sgt. Zombie

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GMod RPG Development
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 01:04:08 PM »
Sounds good, though something similar has been made an used, buy I encourage new stuff like this, and this may quite possibly beat underdone (which was a decent gamemode IMO).  Go find Blackfur, he writes stories and can code to an extent, Swoots is a boss with art related, for mapping I recommend both Statua and Snapster if you can find them.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
Unless you have anything to show, progress or any of that kind, not many is willing to join in such a huge project. Need to have a good amount of stuff that is already done to collect a group of talented people.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »
Unless you have anything to show, progress or any of that kind, not many is willing to join in such a huge project. Need to have a good amount of stuff that is already done to collect a group of talented people.

We've got to start somewhere Crap, and it's better to get more developers earlier who can do it, to get a good start-off with progress. Having one person doing everything could take ages to make a useable amount of stuff.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Sgt. Zombie

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »
I agree with Rictalspace on this one, no use posting shit that doesn't exist because it takes to long for a single person to code it, you start a project that way, it will never see the light. NEVER.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 01:47:27 PM »

We've got to start somewhere Crap, and it's better to get more developers earlier who can do it, to get a good start-off with progress. Having one person doing everything could take ages to make a useable amount of stuff.

I never meant it that way. The problem is that to collect the team willing to START this off, you will need to show something. Anything done in the past, or people usually show what they have already done for the project that they are requesting more developers for. I'm just giving you, imo, good tips on what you should do, if you want to collect a good team of developers. Because what you are planning to do, is not just something you do in a few days.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 02:02:38 AM »
Carpy's words hold truth, Rictal.

In anycase, I'm reasonable at story development; I've worked on 4-6 story based GMs with my friends during my time in Gmod.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 07:53:49 AM »
 I can do abit art I guess.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal