Author Topic: Half-Life 2 Refugee Models and more ideas - Discussion  (Read 4888 times)

The Mysterious Stranger

Half-Life 2 Refugee Models and more ideas - Discussion
« on: November 21, 2011, 05:53:56 PM »
Refugee models:

I felt that the refugee models would be greatly appreciated to be implented into the game since many characters have different backstories that show how much they went through while venturing there way to the Outlands. There citizen apparel would be messed up, there facial appearances would be changed due to the elements the weather brings or someone who threatens them. The name "refugee" also gives a clue that they escaped from the city.

Outlands only.

Zombie applications:

A list of zombies would be in a different organized list, for example, clicking 'Zombie Applications' will link you to a menu of zombies that are different from many other menus. Here is a list of them.

Zombie Application:
 Poison zombie. (probably a script to spawn three poison headcrabs. + on death, will be able to drop a NPC headcrab.)
 Original zombie.
 Headcrab zombie. (on death, will be able to drop a NPC headcrab.)
 Fast zombie.
 Legless headcrab zombie. (on death, will be able to drop a NPC headcrab.)
 Legless original zombie.
 Legless fast zombie.
 Legless headcrab fast zombie. (on death, will be able to drop a NPC headcrab.)
 Zombine. (suicidal grenade script.)

Headcrab Application:
 Poison headcrab.
 Small headcrab.
 Headcrab.

Alien applications:

The aliens would be the same organized method which is used for the discussion above. Here is a list of them.

Alien Application:
 Antlion.
 Antlion Guard.
 Antlion worker.
 Strider.
 Hunter.
 Gunship.
 Dropship. (will be able to drop Overwatch units of different kinds.)
 Vortigaunt (Already used application.)
 Manhack (bunch of manhacks, optional weapon for CP high-ranked units.)

Robot application/rank acessiables:

The Nexus technology are only accessed by the GRID when they achieve the right rank. Maybe they will be thrown into the applications. Here is a list of them.

Robot application/rank accesses:

Rollermine. (stick to vehicles.)
 Scanner.
 Synth scanner. (drop Hopper mines and take photos.)

The Universal Union (no apps.):

This is already done on the applications but I thought I should include it.

Universal Union:

Combine Sniper.
 Combine Prisoner. (guard detainment)
 Combine Soldier.
 Civil Protection (male or female skins, depending on gender when applied.)

Handheld weapon application:

Handheld weapons are used by the Combine and Rebellion factions, which are great for events that are held. Here is a list of them.

Weapons:

Turrets. (Original skins for Combine. Painted skins for Rebels. Event only. Official resistance group only. )
 Hopper mine. (Original skin for Combine. Painted skins for Rebels. Event only. Official resistance group only.)
 Ammunition box. (Event only. Official resistance group only.)
 Small supply crates (1 weapon (no RPGs or grenades, smoke grenades and flash grenades are allowed) and 2 ammunition boxes, medical kits and armor vests (higher armor rate by 20) Randomly spawned when cracked open. Both unofficial/official groups.)

Skins! :

Skins can be applied to your character once you make the application, many various skins come in different models. For example, the Antlion has four skins whilst the Prisoner guard has two skins. The citizens include Refugee skins and original citizen skins, which include many skins to choose from depending on the gender you pick!

Stationary Radio music:

Yep, each entity of Stationary Radio's contain many music you can choose from on a list when holding down Q or a menu when you press E on it. You can only do one option such as communicate to other frequencies or put music on.

Clothing:

You can craft your own clothing once you achieve the right materials. A bunch of scattered materials are spawned around the map weekly (about 5). Using the crafting system, you can use these materials to make clothing skins which can be turned OFF or ON in your Inventory tab. Sadly, if you die, you will lose these precious items.

Dogs?:

Thought I would include this in. About dog applications? Maybe you can name the owner you want to pick. Man's best friend would be a great piece of content added to Outlands.

Restrictions:

Sadly, some of these ideas can be fitted for Outlands only, City only or both.

Tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:59:21 PM by The Mysterious Stranger »

Offline Diebrox

• Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half-Life 2 Refugee Models and more ideas - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:24:46 AM »
You might want to read the wiki about what exists and what doesn't exist in HL2 anymore.
Pretty much EVERY animal on earth went extinct after the 7 hour war, no dogs.
Also, music coming out of radios. Where would the music come from? You realize the music on radios nowadays is streamed?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:33:30 AM »
You might want to read the wiki about what exists and what doesn't exist in HL2 anymore.
Also, music coming out of radios. Where would the music come from? You realize the music on radios nowadays is streamed?

because building a radio transmitter is hard? people n the resistance have radios, why not play music down it? (you cant say every CD/record is destoryed)

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:24:12 PM »
 You people make a obvious point there. One more thing, the map City45 has a radio with a song it using the same radio prop, why not in the Outlands aswell?

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 05:19:40 PM »
Refugee models:

I felt that the refugee models would be greatly appreciated to be implented into the game since many characters have different backstories that show how much they went through while venturing there way to the Outlands. There citizen apparel would be messed up, there facial appearances would be changed due to the elements the weather brings or someone who threatens them. The name "refugee" also gives a clue that they escaped from the city.

Outlands only.

Zombie applications:

A list of zombies would be in a different organized list, for example, clicking 'Zombie Applications' will link you to a menu of zombies that are different from many other menus. Here is a list of them.

Zombie Application:
 Poison zombie. (probably a script to spawn three poison headcrabs. + on death, will be able to drop a NPC headcrab.)
 Original zombie.
 Headcrab zombie. (on death, will be able to drop a NPC headcrab.)
 Fast zombie.
 Legless headcrab zombie. (on death, will be able to drop a NPC headcrab.)
 Legless original zombie.
 Legless fast zombie.
 Legless headcrab fast zombie. (on death, will be able to drop a NPC headcrab.)
 Zombine. (suicidal grenade script.)

Headcrab Application:
 Poison headcrab.
 Small headcrab.
 Headcrab.

No no no. You would be killed to fast/PKed if you where a zombie. And there really isn't a point trying to code it when you can RP it.

-Support this section, the others? I'll let people besides me decide.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 09:39:38 PM »
I think refugees should simply use the group 02 models. Problem is, the CWU's been using them for quite a while, even though they look very shabby- moreso than the normal civvie uniforms. Even in spite of that, it'll be hard to convince the CWU players to part with them. If we could find an alternate model pack for the CWU, that would free up the group 02 models for refugee use.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:42:49 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 09:41:49 PM »
I think refugees should simply use the group 02 models. Problem is, the CWU's been using them for quite a while, even though they look very shabby, moreso than the normal civvie uniforms. Even in spite of that, it'll be hard to convince the CWU players to part with them. If we could find an alternate model pack for the CWU, that would free up the group 02 models for refugee use.
City8 models (IForgot links) Alex :D can probably link them we had them on shhhrp at one time i think(old dead community).  They were very nice and made us look like workers.

But then again Roflwaffle doesnt want more content.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:46:19 PM by Rainbow Dash - Adumb S »

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 09:47:13 PM »
I think refugees should simply use the group 02 models. Problem is, the CWU's been using them for quite a while, even though they look very shabby, moreso than the normal civvie uniforms. Even in spite of that, it'll be hard to convince the CWU players to part with them. If we could find an alternate model pack for the CWU, that would free up the group 02 models for refugee use.
City8 models (IForgot links) Alex :D can probably link them we had them on shhhrp at one time i think(old dead community).  They were very nice and made us look like workers.

But then again Roflwaffle doesnt want more content.

Oh right, the City 8 models. The bodygroup with the jackets looks very nice, I would support the CWU using them.
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=34210
o7

Offline ?Y-E-C?Trollone

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 06:19:14 PM »
because building a radio transmitter is hard? people n the resistance have radios, why not play music down it? (you cant say every CD/record is destoryed)

5% warning for Necro posting. Do not do it again please

Locked.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:38:43 PM by JiggerFrizz »
Trolololololol yeyeyeyeye....
HL2RP Characters:
David Mumbai: Alive
Lara Helms: Alive
Jessica Fox: Alive
Rico Hunters: Alive

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal