Author Topic: Clarence Hinkley 's Authorization Application  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Bubblekittens

• View Profile
    • Awards
Clarence Hinkley 's Authorization Application
« on: August 11, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Toddler
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 Years. Mostly Gmod.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 3 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
I would like a switch blade for my character for protection. Also to improve my back story a little.

Name: Clarence Hinkley
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Clarence was an adventurous, curious, quiet child who lived in Idaho, Blackfoot. All throughout school, no one talked to him much, almost as if he was invisible. No hated him, no one really liked him in particular, he was just neutral. He passed on through school getting straight A's, when he would return home he had little adventures and imagination to play with. He never really had any friends, but his parents were the best he could have.

One day, a girl began talking to him. He couldn't really remember what it was about, but they had fun talking for a good five minutes, even though he had a nervous stutter. When all seemed good, her boyfriend comes along who was in a very large gang. The man began to get angry at Clarence for talking to her. He ended up hitting Clarence several times in the face and stomach. His girlfriend came up behind him and tried to stop him, but the man hit the girl and knocked her onto the floor. Clarence then filled with rage, the man was about to kick him as Clarence was on the ground. Clarence got up and pushed his leg towards the lockers behind him.

He broke the mans foot, he didn't mean to, he felt bad. They were both sent to the principal office. Clarence got sent free, while the man on the other hand got expelled for doing this many times before as well. Clarence went home and told his father what had happened, surprisingly to Clarence, his father wasn't angry at all, and neither was his mother. His father went into his room and gave Clarence his fathers Old Switchblade with a skull on it. He gave it to him because he knew the other 14 year old boy was in a gang, and if anything happened such as the gang outside of school found him.

"Do not tell your mother, do not show it to anyone, do not take it out in school, and last of all, be careful." His father said. Clarence nodded and no problems with the gang were ever encountered. (If you need the rest of my back story, keep reading. If you don't, stop here and tell me what you think.) Clarence moved on through life until he was 19, he was graduating from high school. At that moment at the ceremony, the Combine showed up. They attacked earth and began the 7 hour war. He ran home, but only to find both of his parents, dead, with a revolver on the ground. His parents, had killed themselves. 1 year later, in the year 2017, everyone was in their designated city, CP roaming the streets, Combine ruling the earth. Clarence kept his knife in his shoe at all time, the Combine never noticed it luckily, because the Combine and everyone around him treated him the same way people did in school, invisible. He hated the city, it was dirty, depressing, mean and ugly. He decided to escape.

He took the path to the Canals which he found from some helpful people that told him directions. When he was taking them, he hid, ran, and struggled from Combine and Creatures. He saw a few coming down from a drop ship to take control on the area, he ran from them but ran into the others on the road. He was trapped one way or the other. They caught him, put him in a car and began to take him to the nearest city through the Outlands. All of a sudden, the truck exploded in half. The rebels were raiding the car, they told him to run and quickly pointed him to the nearest city, eventually he found Bella's Town, and thats where he is until this day as a Scavenger with a best friend by the name of Garrus.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Protection
-A more interesting back story.

Defects
I don't think there are any defects that could happen when obtaining this item.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Protect myself if harm is near.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Not that I know of.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:23:47 PM by Clarence Hinkley »

Offline Andke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Clarence Hinkley 's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »
This to me is a nice story of your character also thank you for including me in your story (Im Garrus) I hope the admins will aprove
I have skin, potato's have skin, therefore I am a potato.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:37:36 AM »
The backstory seems decent enough for a knife on Outlands however I can't recall ever having seen you roleplay, so I'll leave this open for more opinions.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:50:17 PM »
A decent and basic interesting story. Glad that you are making an auth app, instead of asspulling one.
Seen you around once, yet I didnt notice your rp.
i would say; give him a trail with it and let him show what he's capable off.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:04:54 AM »
Your backstory is more than enough to cover why, where and how you got a switchblade for your character. I'll support this.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 04:18:51 PM »
I'll go ahead and accept this, as Jackal said this is more than enough for a simple knife on Outlands.

Locked, moved, accepted, etc etc

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal