Author Topic: Jason Led's Authorization Application  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Crayola

• View Profile
    • Awards
Jason Led's Authorization Application
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: scoobybloo2
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About 6 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Around 4 months, but I have played serious rp like GMod's for about 2 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Knowledge in Mechanic's.
Knowledge in Electricity and its properties.
Knowledge in Robotics.
Knowledge in Engineering.
Advanced High-technological watch. (The watch is just a normal silver watch on first glance, but the edges are brimmed with buttons and knobs. If you push down on the screen the watch face will pop up, and rotate backwards into an upright position. Underneath where the clock face was is a LED screen marked with dials and beeping lights, underneath it you can faintly see the wires crossing and turning over one another, connected to the multiple buttons. I will go further in-detail on what it does in the story. If you want to find it press Ctrl-f and search ~)

Name: Jason Led
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
   Before The 7 Hour War:
Born on December 12th  1991, In Burning Springs Kentucky, Jason grew up with just his father, his mother had died giving birth which left a large toll on Jason’s father, once Jason was old enough to take care of himself, his father, Kane had stopped caring for him, and pretty much shut him out of his life. They still ate supper together, but it was always a quite dinner, a few “Hi’s” and “How was school?” But after a few minutes of chatter, Jason’s father would finish his dinner, grab the plate’s and wash them then return to his garage. His father was an aspiring engineer and electrician and spent any time he had away from work, which he worked at Burning Electrician’s, he would spend his free time working on inventions and contraptions in his garage. His father had always wanted to be an Inventor, but this story isn’t on him, so I will skip you the details. His father had bought him a dog named Rover when Jason was 5 but it ran away at the age of 9, once again bringing Jason back to his loneliness. One day when Jason was walking Rover they had come across a large water treatment plant, there were large Tunnels that led into the sewer, big enough for 3 men to walk shoulder to shoulder down, this is where Jason spent much of his childhood.
   When Jason turned 11 something happened to his father, nobody is really sure what it was, but he started loving his son again. After school and work they would get home and go into their garage and lock the rest of the world out, everyday Jason’s father would teach him everything he knew about Electricity and Mechanics and even Engineering, everyday, they grew a bit closer. By the time Jason was 15 he had a vast knowledge of the things his father was teaching him, they had built a few inventions together, and even sold one of them to a company called Magrove, Which gave them enough money to buy better equipment and materials. At the age of 17 his father had quit his job and become a full time Inventor, they had built many things together, and throughout school Jason had got amazing grades in Science and Technologies. They were finally happy, Jason had his father back, his father had achieved his dream, and all was well. At 19 Jason had completely moved out and was starting his job as an electrician, hoping to follow his father’s footsteps.
   At the age of 23 Jason had found the love of his life, Iris. They had fallen in love in March and got married in July, They went on their honey moon in Japan, where Jason met an inventor by the name of Dr.Tensing. They had discussed Jason’s future in Inventing and Dr.Tensing had told him about a convention that was to be held the following year, 2015, In Tokyo, Japan. Excited Jason went home with his wife and told his father about the Convention for aspiring Inventors. His father and him quickly got to work, building and building. The theme for the year was inventions to help an detective. Over the period of 6 months they had built and scrapped many inventions until they finally had the one they wanted. Jason called it, the Rover.
   ~ The invention was a silver watch they had picked up from a jewelry store, the first modification they made was solar panels embed into the face, so there was no need for batteries. The second modification was a CMD (Carbon Monoxide Detector) along with other gas detectors. This allowed for the Detective/wearer of the watch to know if there were harmful toxins in the air, by sending off a beeping sound. The third modification was the lift up screen, if you pushed down on the face of the watch, it would lift up and reveal another screen, an LED screen which was used to show the heartbeat of the wearer by pulsars located in the wrist strap of the watch, which goes over the underside of your wrist. The fourth and final modification to the watch was the Iris, as Jason called it. It used pea sized cameras in the side of the watch that could identify footprints and blood patterns (To detect blood types) Footprint information such as shoe size and tread and also the blood information such as type and how old it was would appear in the bottom left corner of the LED screen. Due to the amount of electrical sources in the watch, it was larger and heavier than most watches, and also slightly uncomfortable to wear, it also would give the wearer a painful shock if it got wet.
   The two men were beyond happy with their invention, they were ecstatic! They had just finished in time because it was 1 week until the convention. They quickly boarded a plane, Iris decided to stay back home, because she had to work (She was a teacher, not that it matters.) Once they arrived in Tokyo they went sightseeing for the first day, on the second day they made sure the watch was working perfectly, and to their delight, it was. On the third day it was the convention, they hurried over and set up there booth, they had some chicken blood and a footprint in some dirt, to show of the Iris functions of the watch. They also showed the judges the pulse detector. They couldn’t show the judges the gas detectors, which was probably a good sign. The day was going smoothly everyone seemed amazed by their invention. It was a shame though, because that was the day that the 7 hour war took place.
During The 7 Hour War:
   The convention was going smoothly until someone had been watching a news broadcast from their phone, the reports of the Combine attacks spread fast through the convention like a wild fire. Unsure what to do Jason and his father just sat at their booth, hoping for the best. The combine soon attacked the area and the Convention was flooded with scared and confused people, Jason and his father were pushed apart by the stampeding crowds, luckily the watch was still on Jason because he had been showing the judges it when the news broke out. Jason was pushed by the crowd until he managed to escape their grasp, his father nowhere in sight and the combine closing in, he had no choice but to run away. He ran outside and down the street through the other scared people, and a few parents hugging there crying children. This just made Jason worse because it reminded him of his wife back home, he held back his worries and pressed forward. At one point a Combine had attacked him, shooting at him. He was shot in the right arm, but managed to escape into an alleyway, where there was a ladder leading to the roof, he was confused and scared so he tried to make his way up the ladder, he did it, with major difficulties because of his bleeding arm, but he made it. There was a clothesline with clothes left out to dry, he grabbed a white shirt and wrapped it around his bullet wound. There he met up with a woman and a man, they had a shotgun, because of coyotes. He hadn’t realized it before but he had run right out of town, he was now on the edge of the country side. He went with them, they had some food and they shared it all. They had found a sewer grate so they climbed down into the dark damp tunnel. They walked for hours and even days. They were out of food and thought it the end when they were ambushed by combine, the Combine had flashlights and spotted them instantly, the man killed 2 of the Combine but there was too many, they shot down the man and the woman (Whose names were Sarah and Jack, but I found that irrelevant) Jason had once again managed to escape, and he shortly found himself out in the wilderness. He was once again, all alone. And that is how he made his way to the Outlands.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
The Knowledge’s Perks:
A higher understanding of things around me (ICly)
More Passive roleplay opportunities.
The ability to tamper with objects, improving them in the slightest.
The Watch:
More of a backstory, something connecting him to his past.
More interactions within the environment and those around him.
Better Passive roleplay, and general roleplay.

Defects
Knowledge:
His knowledge can get the better of him, and sometimes make others not like him for it.
His need to tamper with things will most likely cost him a couple shocks and maybe even a lost limb or two.
Watch:
The watch is a constant reminder of his father and wife, and what he left behind.
He can’t go in water (Lakes or Streams) Due to electric shocks.
Another thing he has to worry about, and make sure he doesn’t wreck.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to enrich my role-play and the role-play of those around me, passive and general.
I also plan to make a larger back-story for my character.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
Press Ctrl F and type ~ to find the watch description. Also if there are any PARTS of the watch, like the Iris, or the gas detector, that you find un real or you don’t think I should get, then you can tell me and I can remove that, nothing is final and it can all be edited/changed.
C45.CCA.UA.619 says "<:: You're the shitstain that fell between the resistances buttcheeks."

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jason Led's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »
I'm not sure if I should be posting in here, give me a warning if so.  However, the time I have role-played with Jason has been enjoyable, he seems like an above average role-player and I think he could handle these.

Offline The Soul Blades ?TSB?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 07:27:11 PM »
Looks good, but I disagree with the camera (Iris). I've seen your RP and looks better than some of the people I see out there, I must say I +support the rest of it, and the guy above me, you're good as long as you provide something useful when it comes to posting in auth apps.
Keriah Eckley | Healthy | Cleaning up the city.\\r\\nLucius Orion | Healthy | Hording supplies.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:53:51 PM »
I agree with this, I have RPed with this guy on another character and observed him a couple times. I feel his RP and his uniqueness would fit these auths well. I Support this.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Crayola

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »
Thanks for all your +support :D If another admin thinks the Iris should go then I will edit it out, otherwise until then I am just going to leave it and see what happens.

Fixed grammar.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:41:56 PM by scoobybloo2 »
C45.CCA.UA.619 says "<:: You're the shitstain that fell between the resistances buttcheeks."

Offline Crayola

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 05:00:18 PM »
I don't mean to spam or bump or whatever, it is just that this thread is sliding to the bottom of the first page, and is being missed by new authorization applications, It has been well over a week since it was last seen/posted on by an admin and I was wondering if it was accepted/denied or if it needed more looking at?

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »
Sorry, I thought this was dealt with.

Accepted for:
Knowledge in Mechanics
Knowledge in Electricity
Knowledge in Robotics.
Knowledge in Engineering
Advanced High-technological watch - remember, this will need some kind of power source and I think a lot of people would prefer that it be used for a group advantage rather than individual purposes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal